Confused - SpanishvMortgage

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jun 2012 9:50 AM by marly55 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi I wonder if anyone can offer advice. We have an enormous Euro mortgage on a property in Marbella. It has now moved from an interest only basis where it was manageable to a repayment and higher interest basis which is frighteningly large. The only option the Bank has offered is for us to take out an additional loan (which they will offer at a low interest) for 3 years and our repayments will then be lower! At the end of the 3 years they argue we will have paid off the additional monies and we will need to re-mortgage. We are very very worried about borrowing even more money albeit on a high end property. We haven't been able to sell it,we have now retired and are feeling vulnerable. The property is re ted but there is a shortfall of over 1000 euros a month. Our expectation was to sell before we reached this stage.
Our UK financial advisor also cannot make sense of this.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2012 12:41 PM by jaldridge Star rating in Manilva. 144 posts Send private message

jaldridge´s avatar

The thought of borrowing more money when you are already struggling sends shivers down my spine!

Re-mortgaging in Spain is expensive, it's not like the UK, that's why the remortgage market in Spain is practically non existent.  And the fact that the property will once again continue to lose value over the next couple of years means doing this is very risky.

Have you tried renegotiating another interest free period? 

Justin

EOS Team

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Possible Bank crash - how does it affect my existing spanish mortgage? - 67 posts
LOOKING FOR A CAR PORT - 0 posts
Is double glazing on new builds regulation now in Spain? - 0 posts
morgages - 1 posts
Ripped off !!!! - 5 posts
Hi from newbie !!!! - 0 posts
VICTORY FOR FINCA PARCS ACTION GROUP LAWSUIT 2 IN FIRST INSTANCE COURT IN HELLÍN - 262 posts
MURCIA AIRPORT Dont Book GOLD CAR - 10 posts
Electric Heater/Gas Bottle/Bikes - 0 posts
Gar Bottle - 0 posts
Alloy fold up Bike - 2 posts
Community fee debt on repossessed property - 2 posts
Moving in Soon - 3 posts
Bank Charges La Caixa ... - 3 posts
Town hall rate's - 5 posts
How Are Things in Your Area? - 58 posts
Interior decorating costs? - 6 posts
- 0 posts
COSTA LUZ LAWYERS DID IT AGAIN! - 3 posts
Unlocked Mobile Phones - 2 posts
internet help - 4 posts
Hello from barcelona - 2 posts
How to find out which company has brought the unsold apartments at auction. - 12 posts
New "kid on the block" - 4 posts
moving my mother to spain - 39 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x