Someone has advertised my property for sale on eye on spain!!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 May 2012 11:37 AM by chiefmissile Star rating in Oman. 71 posts Send private message

Hi,

I just found my property for sale advertised on eye on spain.  I have never had my property for sale, but someone has used my pictures and advertised it on thos site without my permission!!  HELP  i need to get this removed and find out who it was.

Here is the listing sp148

Regards

Andrew

Like 0      
26 May 2012 1:36 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

simple write to the moderator and explain and ask for it to be removed plus of course make an enquiry and see who responds then ask the question, who are you and why have you listed my property for sale

Like 0      
26 May 2012 1:45 PM by chiefmissile Star rating in Oman. 71 posts Send private message

Hi,

Yes seems a simple solution until you realise that to send the moderator an email it will cost you €9!!  I thought this post might get someones attention without having to do that.

Yes have sent an enquiry to see if someone responds.

Thanks

Andrew

Like 0      
26 May 2012 1:53 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

A quick route arund that is to click this post and report it as spam and then put your comments in the report and tghis will go straight to the moderator and then Justin can read the post and will be able to help

Like 0      
26 May 2012 2:13 PM by chiefmissile Star rating in Oman. 71 posts Send private message

Thanks,

I will do just that.

Regards

Andrew

Like 0      
10 Jun 2012 7:33 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

How do you find the ref numbers

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2012 7:39 PM by chiefmissile Star rating in Oman. 71 posts Send private message

Hi,

I was just looking through the property for sale pages and came across mine!!

Like 0      
10 Jun 2012 7:42 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2012 7:53 PM by chiefmissile Star rating in Oman. 71 posts Send private message

Yes,

It has happened before, and seems to have been relisted.  What i am not happy about is that eye on spain have not taken any action to remove it so i am quite concerned!!

Regards

Andrew

Like 0      
10 Jun 2012 11:02 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

I've just searched the property for sale section, using both the reference and searching Mijas Costa, and it would appear to have been removed already.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2012 11:23 PM by chiefmissile Star rating in Oman. 71 posts Send private message

Hi,

Thanks so it seems, maybe someone decided to do something about it on the QT, an explination would have been nice or info on who listed it in the first place.  Thanks again for letting me know.

Regards

Andrew

Like 0      
20 Jun 2012 12:39 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

wow I am surprised it costs £9 to contact the site moderators, how can this be?  Surely this is incorrect!

If I shine too brightly, then put your sunglasses on oy vey

Like 0      
20 Jun 2012 12:41 PM by chiefmissile Star rating in Oman. 71 posts Send private message

Sorry but no, it costs to contact them!  I am very suprised that Justin has not jumped on this! very dissapointed!!

Like 0      
20 Jun 2012 12:56 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

well if this is the case, that is downright daylight robbery and i for one will discontinue with this site.  Not because I cannot afford £9 but because I believe this practise is extortionate and many people in Spain would definitely not be able to afford this.

Like 0      
20 Jun 2012 1:09 PM by chiefmissile Star rating in Oman. 71 posts Send private message

See for yourself, please go to the contact us link and you will see that it is fact.

Regards

Andrew

Like 0      
20 Jun 2012 1:15 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

Yep you're right - I am astounded!  Words fail me for once.  Perhaps Justin can address this.  I mean can do other "busy" sites be so accommodating with enquiries for free and not this one?  I would have thought if a site had a lot of traffic then the advertisers more than covered costs!

Like 0      
20 Jun 2012 1:22 PM by chiefmissile Star rating in Oman. 71 posts Send private message

They have to make money some how, but when i have to pay to report a fraudulent listing (My property for sale) i find it irritating!! Furthermore none of the team seem concerned about my predicament, even when i tried to get their attention by reporting the thread as spam!!

Andrew

Like 0      
20 Jun 2012 2:53 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Andrew

Apologies for the delay in responding.

As per Pitby, we have been unable find property SP148 in any property searches.

The property has been listed by a different member but it shouldn't be showing in any searches since it is not active.

Before we delete the property though, could you kindly supply us with the link to show where/how you've found this property on Eye On Spain?

Thanks

EOS Team

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 20/06/2012.

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 20/06/2012.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
20 Jun 2012 10:32 PM by chiefmissile Star rating in Oman. 71 posts Send private message

Hi,

Thanks for eventually getting back to me, i have searched the website using the property reference and it seems to have been taken down, so thanks.  I would be interested to know who listed it and why they listed my property...........again??

Regards

Andrew

Like 0      
20 Jun 2012 10:56 PM by jaldridge Star rating in Manilva. 144 posts Send private message

jaldridge´s avatar

Hi Andrew

Sorry it's taken us a while to sort out your issue.  We did actually remove the property from the site when you flagged it up the first time.  We removed it from the property search facility and contacted the lister.  Someone searching on the site shouldn't have been able to find the property.

The original lister never responded to us and so our final action was to totally remove it from public view, not just in the property search results.

What we've seen a few times is that people sometimes list their own property for sale but steal photos from a similar property to put on their own listing.  This could have been what happened in this case and not that someone was actually trying to sell your property....they wouldn't get very far with that.

In terms of the €9 contact fee, that was introduced years ago for the very simple reason that we were getting hundreds of emails every day from people asking us all sorts of things, such as where the local vet is in Algorfa to what time their flight lands at Alicante airport.  It was a real problem for us as we have never had the resources to handle that level of incoming emails, and we introduced the fee NOT to make money but to deter people from asking us questions directly when they could post on the forums and let others help answer them instead.  We certainly don't know everything so couldn't help most people out anyway.

You'll see on the contact page it does actually say "post your question on the forum". We may not respond to every message but we do read everything.  We can also be contacted by private message and our privacy policy has a contact email address for us.

Just so you know, in the five years or so that we introduced the €9 fee....only two people ever paid it!  Our email volume is still high but manageable now and people get a much better and more varied response by posting questions on the forums instead of emailing us directly.

And Andrew, sorry once again in not communicating with you better as to the measures we were taking with that listing but hopefully this is now resolved to your satisfaction.

Justin

EOS Team

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

UK THREATENS PLANS TO RESTRICT SPANISH AND OTHER EU MEMBERS FROM ENTRY - 1 posts
Jokes - 0 posts
Mum of 3 looking to meet friends - 0 posts
Car Hire Almeria Airport - 5 posts
INTERVIEW WITH KEITH RULE ON TELEVISIÓN HELLÍN - 4 posts
FINCA PARCS - TRIAL OF THE YEAR IN HELLÍN - 0 posts
IKEA Malm Single bed frames for sale - 0 posts
Bankia Shares suspended i Madrid - 5 posts
WHo was green first? - 2 posts
What is the best way to get cheaper electricity supplies? - 0 posts
Corrupt President - 3 posts
Finding the Owner of a Property - 4 posts
Moral of the story? Don't pay up front!! (Ingofersa related, indirectly) - 4 posts
Frankie bar Vera playa review - 0 posts
Bellavista playa review - 0 posts
prosthetic clinic in Spain - 5 posts
El mar la mar review - 2 posts
Just too damn cute for words.... - 3 posts
Juzgados - Servicio Común de Actos de Communicacion - what is this communication? - 3 posts
Keith Rule´s legacy - 1 posts
Osteria mojacar review - 2 posts
Need some advice on banking in Spain - 7 posts
Geuros to save Athens - 1 posts
Scooter and Quad For Sale. - 3 posts
Builders in court & on national television. - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 20

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x