HI LOW

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Jun 2007 12:00 AM by Diablo Cachondo Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

THIS LOOKS LIKE A GREAT SITE. I JUST WANT TO TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO INTRODUCE MYSELF TO ALL THE FORUM MEMBERS OUT THERE. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK IT IS VERY INFORMATIVE FOR US NEWBIES AND I LOOK FORWARD TO BEING ABLE TO CONTRIBUTE MYSELF IN DAYS TO COME BUT IN THE MEANTIME I WILL PROBABLY JUST SHYLY VIEW FROM THE WINGS. HAVE SPENT A LITTLE TIME ON THE COSTA DEL SOL AND CURRENTLY THINKING OF FINDING SOMEWHERE TO LIVE IN THE AREA BETWEEN FUENGIROLA AND GUADALMINA. IT SEEMS AS IF YOU ALL HAVE A LOT OF FUN ON HERE IN COMPARISON WITH SOME OF THE OTHER STIFFER SITES OUT THERE.

Like 0      
20 Jun 2007 3:47 PM by Tiddler Star rating in Calahonda. 33 posts Send private message

Tiddler´s avatar

Hola! Im new myself and have been registered for a while but not actually posted. Seeing as you are new it has given me inspiration to join in the fun!

I have recently and finally made the move to Spain - on the costa del Sol and loving it! Im in the area you are looking in, perhaps next time there is a group meeting of members we will have to go along!

Have a good day

Like 0      
20 Jun 2007 3:57 PM by Diablo Cachondo Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

Hola Tiddler! Have looked at a couple of places in Calahnda myself but not too sure of the area and where is best and what not. I dont know how often these group meetings are sheduled so would be grateful of any advice you can give me. I hope you arent an estate agent and if you are I apologise in advance but I have found that they seem to tell you what you want to hear rather than the important stuff and I dont want to make any mistakes when I buy. Do you think it might be a good idea to rent first to see if I like the area? I am currently on a short term let but will have to start making some decisions soon as my contract will expire so I need to find somewhere to hang my hat at night.

Like 0      
20 Jun 2007 4:17 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hey, seems the devil has joined us....most people would mistake you for an agent

Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy it.   (Welcome to Tiddler too).

It is generally a light-hearted forum and occasionaly focus on the heavy stuff, but most people here are quite friendly which is great.

We would always advise people to rent here before they buy, it's the only way to really get a feel for an area.

Best of luck with and look forward to your contributions.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
20 Jun 2007 4:25 PM by Tiddler Star rating in Calahonda. 33 posts Send private message

Tiddler´s avatar

Well luckily I bought a few years ago but due to a rather messy recent divorce, I decided to make the move to Spain a couple of months ago.

Calahonda might not be everyones cup of tea but it serves me well and at least has some nightlife! Also there are permanant residents so te place isnt dead in the wintertime! I agree with renting for a while until you decide where to live as I may have done things differently if I had thought I would be coming out here permanantly, although having said that really I am on a very long extended with no end in sight holiday!!!

No I am not in real estate and never have been. Currently unemployed but thats not an issue anyway, for now Im enjoying the weather and the beer!

I dont know either about these meetings but I have been reading through the threads and see that there have been a few. Maybe now the summer is coming more members will organize one?

Do devils have hats???

Like 0      
20 Jun 2007 4:38 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
There have been a couple of meetings, but we're going to make it a bit better scheduled very soon....

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
20 Jun 2007 4:43 PM by Tiddler Star rating in Calahonda. 33 posts Send private message

Tiddler´s avatar

That sounds great Justin, its a good idea for people moving out who would like to build a social circle.

I do like your site, its very informative and a lot of fun between some of the members.

Like 0      
20 Jun 2007 7:08 PM by Diablo Cachondo Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

Sorry Tiddler but devils dont wear hats they cant get them over their horns. I notise from your logo that you are a Harrison Ford fan or is it just that you look like him or you like his hat.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2007 1:58 PM by Tiddler Star rating in Calahonda. 33 posts Send private message

Tiddler´s avatar

Hi Diabolo! Im a huge fan of Harrison Ford and I have been told I look a bit like him. My square jaw and blue eyes I guess!

I would love a hat like his but Im never sure if I suit them! Certainly love his bank balance!!!!

When are you over in Spain next?

Like 0      
22 Jun 2007 2:05 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

This message was last edited by Smiley on 6/22/2007.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
22 Jun 2007 2:33 PM by Diablo Cachondo Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

Well well it just so happens that Harrison used to make me swoon when I was younger and has always remained one of my fave film stars. Something about his sidearm in Star Wars and the way he used to crack his whip in Raiders. He seems to have a certain look about him that makes your toes curl.

Are you being forward with me tiddler asking about my whereabouts. Who said I wasnt in Spain already? By the way why do you give yourself the name Tiddler?

This message was last edited by Diablo Cachondo on 6/22/2007.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2007 5:14 PM by Tiddler Star rating in Calahonda. 33 posts Send private message

Tiddler´s avatar

Well I like to think I have made several fair maidens swoon in my time, but its probably just my imagination!

I apologize if you think I am being forward with you, it was not my intention at all. I just wondered if you were in Spain and how you were finding things. Just a general enquiry

And Im not letting you into why I call myself Tiddler - just a personal observation although I am told otherwise!

Have a great weekend wherever you are

Like 0      
22 Jun 2007 5:23 PM by Diablo Cachondo Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

Hi Tiddler I sure if you look anything like HF then you will have done more than make them swoon.  Currently I am staying with a girlfriend in Calahonda who has a long term partner which is why I am looking for somewhere for myself as I am starting to feel in the way. Perhaps you would like to meet up for a coffee sometime and you can perhaps guide me with your expertise. Forgive my nosiness as to your nickname but it was idle curiosity and certainly no intention to be offensive. Perhaps if we meet you can enlighten me as to the reason why.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2007 5:29 PM by Tiddler Star rating in Calahonda. 33 posts Send private message

Tiddler´s avatar

Certainly sounds fun you living with your girlfriend AND her long term partner! Lucky man!!

In that case I think we ought to get together for a beer and discuss that - although I am a little confused as to why you would want to be enlightened about my name!!!

Like 0      
22 Jun 2007 5:36 PM by Diablo Cachondo Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

I am not sur ehe thinks himself a lucky man with 2 women in the house and he is keen to see the back of me, although I am sure he would prefer to see the front of me. Actually it is a little embarrassing at bathroom time and one of the reasons I am keen to get out as I think he thinks of me as his "bit on the side" and I am sure that on more than one occasion I have noticed a little more than a sideways glance if you know what I mean.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2007 5:41 PM by Tiddler Star rating in Calahonda. 33 posts Send private message

Tiddler´s avatar

Oooops! Sorry, I just assumed from your posts that you are male!

It must be embarrasing if he is eyeing you up and you would be sensible to get out. I do have some mates who could help you find a reasonably priced place if you like.

I guess better cancel the beer and a coffee sounds fine whenever you are in the area!

Like 0      
22 Jun 2007 6:03 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Why not just PM each other & exchange email addresses. EOS is currently not a dating agency. Some have "coupled" but keep it hush hush. Anyway, I don't want to spoil your fun but maybe better to take this to a more private area as EOS does have over 17,000 members & we are all on the edge of our seats.  

Like 0      
22 Jun 2007 10:05 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar
Killjoy morerosado, i was just getting into this, better than corrie any day!!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
22 Jun 2007 11:39 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
   yeah, corrie does need perking up, dunnit ? 

Like 0      
25 Jun 2007 1:26 PM by Tiddler Star rating in Calahonda. 33 posts Send private message

Tiddler´s avatar

Hi Guys, sorry if we were upsetting you, just harmless fun but I will take your point and use the pm thingy if someone can tell me how to do this?

What do you think Diabolo?? Or shall we keep you all on the edge of yur seats?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

El Rincon Toscano Estapona - 3 posts
Anybody over here interested in a bargain "finca" just of the beach at La Cala de Mijas? - 14 posts
Fan Belts... - 21 posts
Community Meetings and Debtors - 3 posts
Community Meetings and Debtors - 7 posts
Palmera Properties - 5 posts
Condado de Alhama - 1 posts
snagging - 0 posts
Apartment needed for client. - 9 posts
Question for Maria de Castro - 1 posts
Spanish Taxes - 0 posts
OFF PLAN BUILD - 0 posts
Increasing supply - 5 posts
English Registered Cars - 1 posts
Passport renewal - 29 posts
Al Andalus , Residencia in Vera, Almeria - 5 posts
What would you like to know about? - 26 posts
Mojacar/ Garrucha Rental required - 0 posts
BIG UGLEY WOOD HUT - 1 posts
Causeway Bistro, Via Park 1, Playa Flamenca - 0 posts
purchasing a plot of land - 1 posts
Restaurants in General - 7 posts
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!! - 13 posts
Urbanisation Licences - 1 posts
Selling Spanish Cars in Spain - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 201

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x