What sort of picture quality should we get on SKy generally

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by manyarna Star rating in the UK- Heart is in .... 59 posts Send private message

Given we have a good TV and new dish should we expect to get a good sky quality picture / reception in the Mijas area as I read such varying reports on forums. I understand that no one starts a thread saying "what great sky i get"

We have never bothered with Sky as such but as we are having an extended stay I am tempted now for the F1 and also entertaining the in laws who plan on visiting.

Anyone enjoying SKy? without constant re aligning? or when it rains?

Like 0      
28 Feb 2012 7:51 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Picture quality on ANY satellite, or any TV system depends on a number of things, like SD or HD, cables, quality of the TV.

Some channels are transmited at a "high bite rate", meaning more data to majke a good picture.

Other channels are transmited at a "lowbite rate", meaning there is less data and a drop in picture quality. YOu just have to look at how bad the quality on True MOvies is - as they transmitt at a low rate, as their parent company are cramming over a dozen channels on to one frequency.

F1 is on BBC, red button "streams", Sky Sports F1 (with either a SKy sports subscription or a HD subscription) and on Antenna 3 on Spanish TDT.

Dishes shoudl not need "constant realigning", unless thay have been poorly installed in the first instance, or the dish is installed in an exposed area, and high winds move or bend the dish. Rain will affect channels. As some channels are on "stronger" frequencies than others, these channels will alst longer in rain. Bigger dishes help keep signals in, but it still does not gaurentee 100% reception 24/7 - even Sky do not gaurenetee that in the UK!.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
29 Feb 2012 2:33 AM by costa.del.sky Star rating. 97 posts Send private message

Im working tomorrow in Mijas incidentally! Given you are in an ideal place, with unobstructed views and a good place to sit the dish, youll be fine with a 1.3m, will work even up to heavy rain, and as for realignments, if you get a good installer it wont move. Mine never do, and just to make sure people are sure I give any realignments needed within 12 months for free, and Ive never had to do one yet.

So a 1.3m dish, and a Televes LNB and a decent box, youll be good to go. If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Association of Citzens - 2 posts
Sabadell take over of Cam - 23 posts
Reserving one's vote at an AGM - 2 posts
MANILVA BUSINESS - 2 posts
saint malo to malaga - 2 posts
spanish mortgage - 8 posts
TV through computer - 5 posts
Hi All im New - 1 posts
sky tv - 4 posts
Tims second hand fridges Atalaya Park - 1 posts
Medical cover for the hard of understanding? - 29 posts
buying an apartment - 3 posts
building licences - 6 posts
trying to find a friend i have lost touch with - 0 posts
electricity - builders supply to personal supply - 1 posts
Crazy Golf Playa Flamenca area - 2 posts
How can I improve the tv channels - 16 posts
PROPERTY WANTED - 1 posts
Urgent Rental Required on Costa del Sol - 2 posts
Spanish banks turn away the keen investor - 5 posts
Jumping for Jubillee - 0 posts
Missing Person - Amy Fitzpatrick - 3 posts
Alicante airport - 3 posts
Electricity Bill - 2 posts
Car Wanted - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x