La Zenia Boulavard......Amazing

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

When will the new massive shopping mall [La Zenia Boulavard] open down near La Zenia, and what are they doing with the road over the motorway it looks like they are digging a tunnell, can anyone fill me in please.......

Like 0      
11 Feb 2012 9:51 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - I believe it is due to open in September and the roadworks are for an underpass under the current roundabout.  It is a bit scary in the dark, but they do seem to be making a lot of progress.

Let's hope they can let all 150+ units and bring some much needed jobs to the area!

Like 0      
11 Feb 2012 9:58 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

ZENIA BOULEVARD

Type of Project

• Shopping Centre Creation

Scheduled openning date

• In : November 2012

Key figures

• Superstore space : 14000 m²
  • Shopping centre letting space : 42000 m²
  • Retail park space : 24000 m²
  • Number of shops : 150
  • Number of parking places : 4500

http://www.immochan.com/upload/projet/Zenia%20Boulevard%20Spain%20Project%20201006.pdf

Einkaufszentrum Zenia Boulevard

LEY 57/1968
CLICK HERE FOR THE BANK GUARANTEES IN SPAIN WEBSITE

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
11 Feb 2012 10:54 PM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

O great thanks for all the information, those photos seem very impressive..... so thats what they are at an underpass......

Like 0      
12 Feb 2012 12:44 AM by maddiemack Star rating in Grantham, Lincolnshi.... 194 posts Send private message

Does anyone know what type of shops will be there?  Let's hope it's shops filled with items that people can actually afford. 

I'm thinking about two centres that I know of on Tenerife (not far from each other) where there are lots of beautiful shops.....selling jewellery, handbags, toys, clothes, gifts...ie; all the stuff that hard-pressed families cannot afford at the moment...and the shopkeepers are having a very hard time.  We walked past a handbag shop in one of the centres a couple of weeks ago and I just happened to mention that I rather liked one of them.  Within 2 minutes the price had come down by 10 euros, 20 euros, half price until, finally the guy selling it said, 'You can have it for 25 euros'.  I was so shocked that I just said, 'I'm sorry' and walked away.  The price tag on the bag was 105 euros!

The other centre I mention is beautifully designed, including a large circle of shops with a seating area in the middle.  All the shops are clothes shops full of stylish, expensive fashionable items and, as we looked around we saw not one customer in any one of them, just bored-looking sales staff.  So sad....

Like 0      
12 Feb 2012 1:37 AM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

Alcampo and Lero Merlin will be the biggest outlets there, I heard it will be the biggest shopping mall in Europe I wonder is that true....

Like 0      
12 Feb 2012 9:23 AM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

I think Primark will be one of the anchor stores.

I have heard it will be the biggest Primark in Europe......

They have made great progress with the construction so it may open by the end of this year as planned.  Let's see what happens.

Keith

LEY 57/1968

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
12 Feb 2012 10:08 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Although it is quite large, I doubt if it is going to be anywhere near the largest shopping centre in Europe.  Most cities in UK have larger centres.  Shame they have made it open to the elements, though.  The Habaneras in town is like that and it is very dangerous when it rains.

Good news though (although this might be yet another rumour mill) is that the toll is going to close on that junction.  Judging by the amount of traffic that uses the toll bit (most of the traffic comes off a couple of junctions before it and bypasses the tolls) I doubt if the money taken would even pay the staff wages.  

Like 0      
12 Feb 2012 11:24 AM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

The shopping complex will not be the largest in Europe, but I have heard that the Primark store will be their biggest in Europe. Certainly construction is progressing well, but as with most things in Spain - I will only believe it when it is actually completed!

LEY 57/1968

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
12 Feb 2012 11:56 AM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

O so it won't be the biggest in Europe, great if they take away the toll as you say I always come off the exit before as well,

Like 0      
12 Feb 2012 12:48 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Actually they are doing very well.  Originally planned to open November but they now reckon it will be ready in July but won't open until September after safety checks and road structure is in place.

The "so-called" largest centre in Europe was planned to be a bit further up the motorway at the Quesada turn by El Zoco market.  It was supposed to have a railway station and was announced, to great fanfares, a few years ago.  They have built a big brick building, a petrol station and some sheds and then came to a complete stop with For Sale or Rent signs up on the sheds.  However, the La Zenia one is coming on nicely.  

Like 0      
12 Feb 2012 5:05 PM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

Ye they are really going well, and I think this new centre will add value to our properties,.... glad they built it in La Zenia and not up the motorway.....

Like 0      
14 Feb 2012 9:33 PM by ojosazul88 Star rating. 171 posts Send private message

Some of the comments here are incredible, like they have never seen a shopping centre before!!, Go to any major European city and there are far better and far larger shopping centres than this, yes i know Orihuela costa is not a city but reality check needed, it will NOT make house prices rise alone. 

Like 0      
15 Feb 2012 12:19 AM by angela59 Star rating in Ireland. 58 posts Send private message

"Ye they are really going well, and I think this new centre will add value to our properties,.... glad they built it in La Zenia and not up the motorway...."

Even though I own a property myself in Playa Flamenca, I don't think anything will add value to properties in Spain for another couple of years, banks have to start lending first, unemployment has to go in the right direction.

Angela59.

Like 0      
15 Feb 2012 3:10 AM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

I suppose there is a lot in what you say but we live in hope that Spain will come back and also property prices will rise as well, I have a House in Villamartin I bought in 2000 and I would no way sell it as my wife and I love going over for a Month at the time, so the price don 't matter to me, and I was amazed last Week to get 14 Oranges for 1 Euro here in Ireland 1 Orange is 59 cent.....what a rip off.......

Like 0      
15 Feb 2012 10:11 AM by angela59 Star rating in Ireland. 58 posts Send private message

ob123,  if you're from Ireland like myself then you know how much property prices have dropped here and are still dropping - I feel at least the government have been a little more proactive than in Spain - I feel that Spain has a lot more to go with property prices drops there is such an overhang of properties especially on the costas.  I love going to Spain also but am nervous about its future and especially with the Euro.  Having gone to Spain for the last 7 years I find that grocery prices have gone down substantially here in Ireland and have risen in Spain, the markets of course are cheap for buying fruit.  Eating out is much cheaper in Spain but again prices have reduced substantially with regard to that in Ireland also.  People have to be realistic with regard to property prices - I bought in 2004 and now realise that the prices were way inflated but at the time seemed cheap compared to anything here in Ireland at the time.

Like 0      
15 Feb 2012 11:42 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

I don't think it will raise prices,there are too many factors keeping them down at the moment.

What it may do is increase the desirability of property,therefore making it easier to sell,it may increase the volume of people looking to buy in the area.

Like 0      
15 Feb 2012 11:47 AM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

Hi Angela 59, I suppose you are right about the prices in food but I still think that in Spain you have a better quality of life and would possible live longer there with all the beautifull walks and then in the evening a four course meal for €5.95, the new Shopping centre will be fantastic I think for us you can go in there and have a Cafe Con Leche e pan and Alliole, and strool around Leo Merlin and again it must be one of the biggest in Europe as I drive down to Malaga a lot to La Canada which is massive shopping centre but La Zenia Boulavard is still a lot bigger so we look forward to unwind in there.........

Like 0      
03 May 2012 2:41 PM by JRingrose Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Anyone have any latest photos of where they are at the moment would be good.

Thanks

Like 0      
11 May 2012 11:28 PM by twinmummy Star rating in Formentera del segur.... 82 posts Send private message

Any updates?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

tropical fish - 0 posts
One must go. - 1 posts
ryanair new debit card fails - 3 posts
La Zenia Boulavard - 0 posts
Measures to reduce unemployment in Spain - 1 posts
Will good professionals ever stand up to the mark in Spain and exert their influence? - 2 posts
roof build - 4 posts
Free papers in and around Salou and Tarragona - 0 posts
London Ollympic tickets - 0 posts
Dangerous new Electric Meters? - 16 posts
address in Spain - 14 posts
10 year guarantee for new build - 10 posts
Introduction - 2 posts
Telefonica ( Movistar) - 1 posts
Edinburgh Crystal Decanters - 0 posts
Goats - 1 posts
Good news ( I hope ) - 2 posts
NATURAL GAS ~ Yes or No - 0 posts
Aer Lingus. - 0 posts
solicitor wants more money plus valia tax ?? - 3 posts
Legal assistant job opening - 0 posts
Heart attack and how to save your self, worth a read - 3 posts
Telefonica ADSL!! - 28 posts
Driving to Portugal via Seville - 9 posts
Which side on the Round-a-bouts? - 39 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 73

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x