address in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by harryfish Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

Hello,

We are in the process of packing our household goods for despatch to Malaga spain from Perth Australia.

Our freight agent has asked for an address in spain which we dont have.

Can anyone help or have any suggestions?

Like 0      
10 Feb 2012 12:58 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Maybe try a company such as Offex which offer postal services.  Might be an option.

Best of luck with the move

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
11 Feb 2012 1:59 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Harry, 
                         I don’t think you are saying you don’t know where you sending your goods !

A little more info about what your actual problem with ‘an address’  might result in some helpful advice

Like 0      
11 Feb 2012 3:40 AM by harryfish Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

Thanks Nick and Johnzx.

I am sending my goods this monday by ship and travelling to Spain 2 weeks later.

Shippers require an address in Spain to notify me of the arrival of my stuff.

So i need to give them an address in spain.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2012 4:18 AM by mrnkar Star rating in Lancashire. 55 posts Send private message

Bit confused on this.

Are you arriving before you goods if so,  where are go going to live when you get here or don't you have anywhere yet.

Are the goods going into storage?

You either give the storage address or the address you are going to be living at.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2012 4:29 AM by harryfish Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

I wil be in spain in 2 weeks [I am flying]

My goods will arrive in 8 weeks by ship.

I need an address where they can notify me of my shipments arrival.

I need to give them this now.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2012 5:08 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Harry, if you give them an address now,  can you notify a change of address, after you arrive. If so  'any address' will do for now

Like 0      
11 Feb 2012 10:55 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Harry, if you are flying over in two weeks I assume you must have found somewhere to live already, or will you be staying in an hotel for a bit?

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
11 Feb 2012 11:30 AM by harryfish Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

Johnyzx,

Yes any address will do.

However the shipping company are not able to change the contact address once shipment details are logged and shipment departs.

Justin,

Yes I will book into hotel or short term holiday accomodation, then look for along term rental.

Once i and my family have chosen our ideal area i will look to buy.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2012 11:45 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Personally, I would arrange a storage facility where you are heading and give that address to the shippers. You may find you actually need storage for a month or two until you find suitable accommodation for you and your family in any event.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2012 12:00 PM by harryfish Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

Thanks Jan but i will need all the stuff as soon as they arrive for my business,

Pumps and filters for an Aquarium business.

My wife has fabric and sewing machines for her design business.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2012 12:06 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
There's nothing to stop you taking what you need from the storage facility once it's unloaded. You'll probably find that once it has arrived you can then have it delivered to a different address but for the sake of, say, a months storage fee (or less) you'll have peace of mind and an address for shipping purposes.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2012 12:32 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Yes, that's what we did.  We put out stuff in a storage place but we could go at any time and take what we needed/ wanted.

It's probably your best bet.

Justin

Like 0      
11 Feb 2012 2:25 PM by harryfish Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

I did ask about storage but this was not acceptable.

However a friend of a friend has agreed to give me his address in Spain.

Thanks everyone for your input. 

Like 0      
12 Feb 2012 1:33 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Harry,

sounds like the CEO of the shipping company needs to be made aware of what appears to be a ridiculous requirement. If he/she was aware I suspect it would be changed.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

10 year guarantee for new build - 10 posts
Introduction - 2 posts
Telefonica ( Movistar) - 1 posts
Edinburgh Crystal Decanters - 0 posts
Goats - 1 posts
Good news ( I hope ) - 2 posts
NATURAL GAS ~ Yes or No - 0 posts
Aer Lingus. - 0 posts
solicitor wants more money plus valia tax ?? - 3 posts
Legal assistant job opening - 0 posts
Heart attack and how to save your self, worth a read - 3 posts
Telefonica ADSL!! - 28 posts
Driving to Portugal via Seville - 9 posts
Which side on the Round-a-bouts? - 39 posts
hows the weather - 4 posts
Property Prices! - 62 posts
Another success for Costaluz, Maria and her team - 9 posts
Costaluz Lawyers, A great success in recovering our deposit using law 57/68 - 9 posts
How do I edit my thread? - 4 posts
Funeral Plans - 0 posts
Testimonial for Maria de Castro and the team at Costa Luz Lawyers - 4 posts
Gib. - 3 posts
driving to Spain from the UK - 16 posts
road tax advice - 5 posts
Legalisation Issies! - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x