Calls from 1004?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

Has anyone been called by a number 1004. I have had several calls but I never answer to unidentifiable numbers; perhaps an EYE member has. I am just mildly curious.

BTW. Route-Finders through Europe. Thanks for the response. I asked a haulage company boss who agreed the online route finders aren’t as good as conventional road maps. They use tom-tom but his advice was to acquire an up to date road atlas and plan your own route in stages. – Mike

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
02 Feb 2012 10:43 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

1004 is the number Telefonica uses to inform you of updates, how much credit you have left, advertising upgrades, offers and other junk.  You can also use it to get to customer services.  

Like 0      
02 Feb 2012 10:55 AM by wizzard2 Star rating in Costa Blanca. 32 posts Send private message

I get 1004 calls almost everyday,always fast speaking Spanish,Always tell them i am English and could they speak very slowly if they only speak Spanish,they always say thank you and put the phone down.

So does anyone know how I can stop these people phoning me

Like 0      
02 Feb 2012 2:41 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

You can block this number.  Don't know if it the same procedure on your phone but I'm sure it's something similar.

Go into Phone settings

Select Call settings

All Calls

Auto Reject

(on first use Activate to On) then select Add under Options

Add the number you want to block (ie 1004) then save

Please note: You will not get a message telling you when your credit is running low if you do this.

This message was last edited by bobaol on 02/02/2012.

Like 0      
15 Feb 2012 6:44 PM by MizzFixit Star rating in Sunny Marbs. 46 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter
MizzFixit´s avatar

If your mobile number is a Movistar number and they gave you the phone, then it is unlikely that you'll be able to block the number.  If you're not with them, then don't bother answering it unless you're interested in moving your mobile to them or perhaps contracting a landline etc.  If you are with them, then it's often advantageous to listen to what they have to say as they could be offering you a new phone, updating you on your points if you have a contract with them etc. etc.  I guess the good news is that 1004 calls only ever come from Movistar so at least you know it's them calling and you can decide whether to answer or not!  

Good luck!

www.mizzfixit.com

I organise, you relax

Like 0      
15 Feb 2012 11:55 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I always just ignore it when I see 1004 come up on the screen.  They never tend to call to say nice things and see how you are, they just try and get you to take up some sort of deal or buy some more packages from them.

Just ignore, that's the best advice.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
30 Nov 2018 5:55 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Has anyone yet overcome this problem of stopping Movistar sending these recorded garbage calls to landlines? I thought with all this new Ooh Aar regarding EU laws on data protection this would have ended, but not so. Maybe Spain or Movistar are exempt.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Internet - 2 posts
gas,elec,water,services - 3 posts
Another Scam - 1 posts
derrama extraordinaria - 2 posts
Car Value? - 3 posts
New Smartphone- please help!!! - 3 posts
Cam Bank Wrongful Charges - 4 posts
Convalidation forms - 2 posts
Problem with Firefox? - 9 posts
Claiming job seekers allowance in Spain - 56 posts
Q for Justin - 6 posts
Car Import Taxes etc. - 2 posts
Strange demand?? - 1 posts
Best banks in Spain - 32 posts
Guardia Civil introduce new rules for foreign cars - 41 posts
Fuente Álamo de Murcia any information would be helpful - 2 posts
Sad - 5 posts
Best Euro Route Finder Please - 6 posts
Auriga Crown car hire ceased trading - 11 posts
Renault Scenic '98 Turbo Diesel for sale. - 0 posts
Interim Charging Order - 5 posts
Filing accounts at the Hacienda - 10 posts
Bunk beds wanted - 0 posts
Help for changing Aqugest water supply - 6 posts
Spanair Bust ? - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x