Best banks in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Feb 2012 12:09 PM by Val Star rating in Pinar de Campoverde .... 160 posts Send private message

Val´s avatar

PadblodeRonda, I don't work for them either, just a very satisfied customer.

Make the most of today.  It has taken all your life to get her...

Like 0      
05 Feb 2012 12:31 PM by PablodeRonda Star rating in Ronda (Málaga). 76 posts Send private message

Thanks for the tip about the transfer plan. I must check that out and compare it with Moneycorp, who I currently use.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2012 12:54 PM by Tolly99 Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

I agree with last few posts re Sabadell Solbank - we are very happy with them, and have been for last 7 years.

Do also agree - that it is very important to develop a good relationship with the Branch Bank Manager and he/she is key to everything.

We have a fantastic one and are very happy, we even moved our branch, when he moved to another branch - and things are still working out really

Like 0      
05 Feb 2012 3:23 PM by OGGI1949 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

TENERIFE !!!!

Which bank is the best and cheapest for your automatic payments from: community charges, water bills, electricity bills etc?

Example: Solbank Sabadell

Contribution per quarter: € 22.50 with 1 free Master Card.
For two years: non residence authorisat.charge = 6.82€ and
comissions/fees peticion certif. no residencia = 26.25€

Who does better?

Caja Canarias International Account

Contribution per quarter: € 7.23 with 1 free Card the first year.
For one years: non residence certificate = 9.45€
Get 10% back on electricity bills paid this year with direct deposit

Like 0      
05 Feb 2012 5:04 PM by PablodeRonda Star rating in Ronda (Málaga). 76 posts Send private message

OGGI1949 writes\; "Example: Solbank Sabadell

Contribution per quarter: € 22.50 with 1 free Master Card.
For two years: non residence authorisat.charge = 6.82€ and
comissions/fees peticion certif. no residencia = 26.25€"

I'll state for THE THIRD TIME on here - I am with Sabadell and pay nothing!

But I am a resident, maybe that's the difference. Any non-resident who is happy to pay €22.50 per quarter for an account needs to find a new bank pronto!

Like 0      
05 Feb 2012 9:45 PM by photowriter Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Be aware that Santander is voted the worst bank in the world ! In America, Europe and UK. With good reason. My experience was indescribable and many others I know will say the same.

BEWARE

Like 0      
05 Feb 2012 10:03 PM by PablodeRonda Star rating in Ronda (Málaga). 76 posts Send private message

Yet Santander is one of the most successful banks worldwide.

I agree that they're s**t, at least in the UK. I was quite happy with my Alliance & Leicester account until they came along and swooped up A & L, Abbey and Bradford & Bingley!

Like 0      
06 Feb 2012 4:04 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

What is wrong with a Barclays Opportunity Account for non res, free banking and 3% cashback on dds but beware my posting on fees dds only one allowed.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2012 5:34 PM by norm2002 Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

If you have at least, I think, 30.000€ in savings with Barclays you can get a Premier account, no annual charge and all payments and a debit and credit card are free. They also don't charge for sterling receipts from the UK up to 50.000€. Plus 4% cashback on direct debits up to a limit I don't remember. I have no connection with Barclays.

This message was last edited by norm2002 on 06/02/2012.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2012 5:39 PM by PablodeRonda Star rating in Ronda (Málaga). 76 posts Send private message

Who has 30.000€ in savings?

Like 0      
06 Feb 2012 6:44 PM by greyray Star rating in Mijas & Iznajar.. 5 posts Send private message

Most bankers do > especially if they have received their bonuses for doing such a good job.........

Like 0      
06 Feb 2012 7:52 PM by PablodeRonda Star rating in Ronda (Málaga). 76 posts Send private message

I think bankers' bonuses are far more than 30.000€ - add a few 0s maybe!

Like 0      
06 Feb 2012 9:46 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

The way BANKING is now all on-line YOU can BANK with whom and where you please, I AM finding that a euro account can be on what ever terms suit you BEST and in any JURISTICTION

I find MANY EXPATS tend to use offshore SERVICES anyway as they do not TRUST SPANISH BANKS anymore

MALTESE banks appear to be a favourite with the RICHER client also GIBRALTAR is popular too.

Rod

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Guardia Civil introduce new rules for foreign cars - 41 posts
Fuente Álamo de Murcia any information would be helpful - 2 posts
Sad - 5 posts
Best Euro Route Finder Please - 6 posts
Auriga Crown car hire ceased trading - 11 posts
Renault Scenic '98 Turbo Diesel for sale. - 0 posts
Interim Charging Order - 5 posts
Filing accounts at the Hacienda - 10 posts
Bunk beds wanted - 0 posts
Help for changing Aqugest water supply - 6 posts
Spanair Bust ? - 4 posts
What questions are allowed at an AGM - 8 posts
HEATER, COOLER, HUMIDIFIER ONLY 50 EUROS COSTA DEL SOL - 3 posts
TV CABINET. ONLY 30 EUROS. COSTA DEL SOL - 0 posts
TV CABINET. ONLY 30 EUROS. COSTA DEL SOL - 0 posts
DOUBLE BED ONLY 50 EUROS WITH MATTRESS. Costa del sol - 1 posts
2 heaters for only 20 euros each. Costa del sol - 0 posts
SELLING 2 SINGLE BEDS WITH MATTRESS AND WOODEN BEDSIDE TABLE ONLY 100 EUR - 0 posts
What are my rights? - 1 posts
Youth employment - 3 posts
Hi has anyone purchased one of these apartments in Vera Paya http://www.propertyinspain.net/property-for-sale/property.aspx?id=15680 - 3 posts
Chemtrails - 4 posts
Satellite TV Q&A - 0 posts
ICP Installationn - 2 posts
Spanair - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 33

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x