Abandoned Cars in Estepona

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Jan 2012 12:00 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi Justin

I made a post under the Heading "Driving in Spain". Maybe this was wrong and  I should make my post here instead as nobody has responded yet  to my enquiry yet.

Can anyone advise me how one goes about reporting abandoned cars to the Police.What is the procedure involved to make  this kind of report.Is there a website one can go to online  and complete the information of the relative Car .Does the report have to be in Spanish only.

Many Thanks

Nigel

Like 0      
15 Jan 2012 10:30 AM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Can't really help, but we have the same issue with a lorry that a German builder has left on our Urb.  Traffico have been notified of this fact several times but to my knowledge have done nothing.  We believe that the builder has returned to Germany.  As I understand it the situation is virtually the same as the UK, in that as long as the vehicle is not causing an unnecessary obstruction, or is not a hazzard to health then the authorities won't move them.  I must admit that I am surprised that the local authorities both here in Spain and the UK have not switched onto the fact that there is money to be made from the scrap value of the metal etc. of these abandoned vehicles.

Like 0      
16 Jan 2012 11:20 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

You can report them but they won't take much notice unless, like Jimbofinn stated, the cars are actually causing a problem, blocking something, etc.

If they are causing a problem this is the sort of thing that normally the local police will handle.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Car for sale - 2 posts
Journalist seeks information endesa etc. - 1 posts
Illegal community parking - 2 posts
Unanimous vote at AGM - 9 posts
Konustart-900 Telescope, tripod & accessories. S. Costa Blanca - 4 posts
TomTom ONE XL 22 countries (UK & Europe) - S. Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Community charge deposit - 5 posts
extending the patio's on the Jardines. - 0 posts
SOME GOOD NEWS - 7 posts
Book Review: Buying Distressed Property in Andalucía - 0 posts
UK registered cars in Uk with Spanish insurance - 87 posts
Abandoned Cars in Estepona - 5 posts
Is now a good time to move?! - 14 posts
Property Repossessions - 3 posts
Ryanair... Pot calling Kettle... - 3 posts
HAPPY BIRTDAY JUSTIN - 1 posts
Orange Fuengirola - 4 posts
Wifi - 16 posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUSTIN - 4 posts
Wedding music bands - 0 posts
buying bank repos in Murcia - 49 posts
capitol of spain - 6 posts
State of the art wireless alarm system - South Costa Blanca - 2 posts
Inheritance Tax - resident in Spain - estate in the UK - 1 posts
Renault Megane convertible RHD hard top 05 plate - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x