Wifi

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jan 2012 12:00 AM by vrodrig Star rating in Cambridgeshire. 22 posts Send private message

We're considering installing a wifi link as a number of our rental guests have enquired about availability. We normally bring our UK mobile dongle with us but this can be expensive if we use it for anything other than just checking emails etc.

Obviously, I want to avoid paying for a contract if I don't have to as the property is empty for around 7 months of the year. Can anyone assist in identifying the best solution and who are the best/most reliable providers.

Like 0      
11 Jan 2012 12:42 PM by ROD Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

vrodrig WE now offer WIFI with our lettings but have to pass on a fee to our rentors it CAN BE EXPENSIVE if you have a contract as COMPETITION IS low you see not like UK

Where are you LOCATED we may be able to recommend our people

Rod

Like 0      
11 Jan 2012 12:43 PM by vrodrig Star rating in Cambridgeshire. 22 posts Send private message

We're in La Cala de Mijas.

Like 0      
11 Jan 2012 12:57 PM by ROD Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Perfect you need to contact Y internet speak to SARAH say I sent you

Rod

http://y-internet.com/contact-us/

Like 0      
11 Jan 2012 1:09 PM by vrodrig Star rating in Cambridgeshire. 22 posts Send private message

Excellent  - thanks Rod.

I'll give them a call today.

Like 0      
11 Jan 2012 1:30 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

I know you are on the other coast from us but, here on the CB, there are many firms setting up who offer broadband and other services in competition to the big boys.  For example, we changed to a company which offers internet, telephone and also provides 26 channels of TV for €24 a month.  The TV is not dependent on their system and you can receive the channels with any internet provider.  The good thing is that, if you are not there, they can switch off the system and don't charge you.  If you wish to keep the telephone number, they charge €5 a month for the line rental.  If you don't want the renters to abuse the phone, you can always unplug it and take it away just leaving the wi-fi for the internet etc plus the TV channels.  I'm sure there must be similar companies on the CDS as there appears to be loads of them setting up here (well, at least 4, anyway).  

Like 0      
11 Jan 2012 1:35 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

Bobaol, that sounds a really good deal who is that with?

Like 0      
11 Jan 2012 2:36 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

I don't really want it to seem as if I'm advertising a particular company on here so I have sent you a PM.

Like 0      
11 Jan 2012 2:49 PM by ROD Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Bob wonder what JUSTIN,S view is when someone does a GOOD JOB for you and your HAPPY ,and if you reccommend them you and get no FINANCIAL BENEFIT is it in KEEPING with one MEMBER helping ANOTHER.

IS THAT CLASSED AS ADVERTISING

Rod

Like 0      
11 Jan 2012 3:04 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Well, Rod, it could be.  I have seen many posts on here that are blatant advertising and, in some cases, it is obvious some people post a query which is answered by themselves under a different name to promote their service (it happens on all chat sites).  In this case, there are 3 or 4 companies that provide the same service in this area and,  as I have only used one of them, it might be a bit unfair to say one is better than the other.  Therefore, in my PM, I have also given the names of other companies in the area who do the same thing so it will be up to the person involved to make their own choice rather than it looking like I am advocating one over the other. I believe I am helping the member out by sending a PM and will be willing to do the same to any other member.

Like 0      
11 Jan 2012 6:06 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

Like 0      
13 Jan 2012 12:43 AM by mrnkar Star rating in Lancashire. 55 posts Send private message

vrodrig  Not sure if you have seen it yet but I sent you a pm regarding renting your apartment.  Karen

Like 0      
13 Jan 2012 4:05 PM by Ambre Solaire Star rating. 36 posts Send private message

I am trying to locate information for a holiday home  owner who has just ceased their internet because it was proving too expensive, I think it was 49e per month.  The property is usually only rented for 4 months a year.  Any suggestions which will enable renters to use SKYPE on their own laptops.  Owner does not need a phone line

The property is near Iznajar Cordoba

Like 0      
13 Jan 2012 10:38 PM by mrnkar Star rating in Lancashire. 55 posts Send private message

I used a Spanish USB dongle from vodafone via Phonehouse, that sat on a base unit, so more than one person could use the internet at a time,  It was on a month to month contract as there was no phone line in our apartment. It was quite expensive €39 + vat a month but that was unlimited usuage & good speeds and you can cancel with one months notice so you could have it for just the 4 months a year. It was cheaper to have a 12 month contract or smaller usuage or slower speeds. but as we were hoping to have a line installed it was the best option at the time.  Notice there is also a €10 voucher on website or they could just go to Phonehouse shop and see what offers there are.   Hope this helps. Karen

Like 0      
14 Jan 2012 4:51 PM by Ambre Solaire Star rating. 36 posts Send private message

Thanks for the info, will forward that on to the property owner.

Do you know anything about Jetnet  ?

Regards

Like 0      
15 Jan 2012 11:42 AM by mrnkar Star rating in Lancashire. 55 posts Send private message

Sorry I am afraid I don't. I just went into the Phoneshop and explained that I needed internet but had no telephone line. The lady gave me a brochure with all the deals.

You can get the dongle for different operaters like vodafone, orange etc and they all have offers, you can check online as well. At the time, for my needs Vodaphone was the best deal so we took that.

They may try to get you to take out insurance for the dongle, like they do in the U.K.  & add about €5 a month but you don't need it as dongles cost about €20 if you ever need to buy another one.  It is just a sim card that goes into it.

This message was last edited by mrnkar on 15/01/2012.

Like 0      
15 Jan 2012 1:15 PM by Ambre Solaire Star rating. 36 posts Send private message

Thanks again for your help

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUSTIN - 4 posts
Wedding music bands - 0 posts
buying bank repos in Murcia - 49 posts
capitol of spain - 6 posts
State of the art wireless alarm system - South Costa Blanca - 2 posts
Inheritance Tax - resident in Spain - estate in the UK - 1 posts
Renault Megane convertible RHD hard top 05 plate - 0 posts
What are the personal resident tax free allowances ? - 5 posts
Flights to Costa Blanca from Leeds, Liverpool or Manchester any good deals for Summer? - 5 posts
are you selling up? furniture/ white goods needed i have just bought a place in Algorfa - 0 posts
urbanisation rights - 2 posts
where can I get my driving license? - 0 posts
Need some help - 4 posts
Las Lagunas, Los Montesinos - 0 posts
moving to Javea Feb 2012 - 0 posts
Hi, does anyone have a view on these repos, €65k + taxes, 90% morgage available, we're close to signing up for a penthouse - 5 posts
Hi, looking for advice, KeyMare Veranda repo sales - 24 posts
Looking for long term property rentals - 1 posts
Decanters - 0 posts
Reasons for NOT buying in Spain at the moment - 27 posts
Movistar Internet Deal - 2 posts
renting in spain - 1 posts
Annoying Xmas Music on Eye on SPain - 17 posts
help - 1 posts
DUNNY - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 17

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x