Illegal community parking

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Jan 2012 12:00 AM by cannylad Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

We have underground community parking that people are using illegally. Either not paying fees or using someone's space who are not in Spain. We have a security gate and have previously changed the code, this does not stop people. What can we do legally to stop this. Could a private company be used to manage this, if so who ?. I am led to beleieve that the cars cannot be clamped. Is this the case even though it is a private developement. Any suggestions of how to deter these people continuing to illegaly park is very welcome.

Like 0      
14 Jan 2012 1:54 PM by mobailey Star rating in San Cayetano. 461 posts Send private message

mobailey´s avatar

why not try blocking them in with something that cannot be removed say another car then they will have to ask someone to move it and you will know who the are and try and get them to stop parking there or at least pay towards the parking fees. 

Mo&Bryan www.bryansblinds.com &  www.discovercostacalida.info Why not see if can we help  

Like 0      
14 Jan 2012 4:24 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

What do you mean by "not paying fees"? Do you mean owners who do not pay their community fees? If so, unfortunately the law does not allow a community to prevent access to owners' property or even communal facilities, even if they owe fees to the community. Wrong, IMHO, but sadly true. As for people using other peoples' spaces, that is not strictly a community issue, since the space they are using is private property, so rather than get stressed out about it (I know it's really annoying), best to let the individual owners deal with it. I've seen many garage spaces in communities with those collapsible barriers that you can buy in ferreterias, to prevent unauthorised people using the space. I think it's disgraceful that such measures should be needed, but if that's the only way, that's what I would advise.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Unanimous vote at AGM - 9 posts
Konustart-900 Telescope, tripod & accessories. S. Costa Blanca - 4 posts
TomTom ONE XL 22 countries (UK & Europe) - S. Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Community charge deposit - 5 posts
extending the patio's on the Jardines. - 0 posts
SOME GOOD NEWS - 7 posts
Book Review: Buying Distressed Property in Andalucía - 0 posts
UK registered cars in Uk with Spanish insurance - 87 posts
Abandoned Cars in Estepona - 5 posts
Is now a good time to move?! - 14 posts
Property Repossessions - 3 posts
Ryanair... Pot calling Kettle... - 3 posts
HAPPY BIRTDAY JUSTIN - 1 posts
Orange Fuengirola - 4 posts
Wifi - 16 posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUSTIN - 4 posts
Wedding music bands - 0 posts
buying bank repos in Murcia - 49 posts
capitol of spain - 6 posts
State of the art wireless alarm system - South Costa Blanca - 2 posts
Inheritance Tax - resident in Spain - estate in the UK - 1 posts
Renault Megane convertible RHD hard top 05 plate - 0 posts
What are the personal resident tax free allowances ? - 5 posts
Flights to Costa Blanca from Leeds, Liverpool or Manchester any good deals for Summer? - 5 posts
are you selling up? furniture/ white goods needed i have just bought a place in Algorfa - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x