cost saving tip when booking flights with the budget airlines

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Nov 2011 12:00 AM by stueyboy Star rating in Catral, Costa Blanca.... 13 posts Send private message

For those of you travelling overseas in large groups with the budget airlines, here's a few little tips when booking online that will help you keep the flight costs down.

1stly, have 2 computers or more online searching at the same time and ready to book at the same time. The budget airlines issue there seats in "Tranches" eg, the 1st 20 seats may be £20-30, then the next 20 £30-40 etc and so on.

The problem is.. that if your group booking (say for example 12 people) exceeds the lower tranche by just 1 or 2 people..ALL the group get charged at the higher tranche charge band.

Sooooooooo, the way to book is ALWAYS search for the flights for ONE person, increasing the numbers of passengers search by search until you see the price change per person. Once you have identified the number where the price changes, reduce your search back by one person and book the amount of people at the lower tranche charge band.

If you have 2 or 3 people on there computers searching and ready to book at the same time and click on BOOK NOW..simultaneously you may well get all the group booked at the lower tranche charge band. For large groups the savings can run to many £100s of pounds..

Trust me, I know because I've used this technique frequently.. Happy travelling..

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Aer Lingus - 0 posts
How do I find my old posts? and why do I not get email notifications? - 5 posts
Aquagest Estepona - 0 posts
Only have Spanish TV ...But... - 5 posts
Legality for Community AGM's/EGM's - 1 posts
Beware - 1 posts
Paying a speeding Ticket - 20 posts
Health Centre La Cala - 2 posts
€176 BILLION & COUNTING - BANKS REAL ESTATE EXPOSURE - 15 posts
endesa - 0 posts
Underbuild - 5 posts
Commonhold and freehold building elements. - 8 posts
Unemloyment in Spain - 5 posts
Hope: we are on the way out - 6 posts
Buying a golf property in murcia - 3 posts
Is there a benefit in being tax resident in Spain - 33 posts
Free UK TV Channels & More on The IPOD, IPAD, IPHONE - 26 posts
GETTING CAR HIRE DEPOSIT BACK - 8 posts
Cbeebies on Sat problems - 0 posts
la renta - paying on-line - 1 posts
Booking with Ryanair - 2 posts
Iberdrola article in this weeks Euroweekly News - 2 posts
Can you work on saints days? - 3 posts
Publication by the planning department of Orihuela. - 0 posts
Car hire from home is it legal - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x