Editing a post

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Oct 2011 12:00 AM by jmtwsm Star rating in Sabinillas CDS. 191 posts Send private message

jmtwsm´s avatar

I wish to edit a post but cannot find any way of doing it.  When I open my post, there is no "Edit" button.

I would also like to post some small photos. (13Kb - 19Kb).  How do I do it?

Thanks

Like 0      
30 Oct 2011 11:20 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi,

Basically you cant edit a new post; that you make, you can only edit your replies to other peoples posts. I have taken this up with Justin in the past but nothing changed.

As for loading pictures... easy peasy...

First you need to upload the pictures to photobucket or some such file storage site. If you use photobucket , once the picture is uploaded you will find a box beneath it it with four options for copying the address of the picture. One of the options is called 'Direct Link'. right click and copy this address.

Then, on the top row of the EOS window where you write your post, you will see, 3rd icon from the right a yellow square with what looks like two mountain peaks. Click on this icon an a new small pop-up window appears; paste the url of the photobucket reference you took earlier  into the url field of the pop-up window, ignore everything else in the pop-up window, just click on 'OK'. The pop-up disappears and the picture you sent to photobucket should now appear in your post window.

PIcture size in kbs doesnt matter really because its not being hosted on EOS servers. Picture width however should be kept to less than 750pixels to avoid stretching the window.

Hope this helps.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
30 Oct 2011 5:15 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Foxbat

You can edit a new post but you cannot remove the thread

Like 0      
30 Oct 2011 6:55 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

johnzx

Actually jmtwsm raises a valid point regarding editing... and I note you did an experiment so perhaps you know the answer... just how do you edit a post when there is no edit button?

Seems to have disappeared completely or at least it has off my replies...

fb

Like 0      
30 Oct 2011 6:58 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

...and now its back!

fb

Like 0      
30 Oct 2011 7:00 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I have the 'edit button' on my new threads as well as on those I have replied to

Like 0      
30 Oct 2011 7:01 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

It looks like you can only edit the post until someone replies; once replied to the edit function is removed from your post. I dont recall it being like that before....

fb

Like 0      
30 Oct 2011 7:06 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Its been like that for all the time I have been posting

Like 0      
30 Oct 2011 7:50 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Justin changed it some time ago that you could edit your post only until the next post after yours is posted - there were some people editing their older posts and thereby confusing whole threads.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Seal for oven - 6 posts
Transport of goods from UK to Spain - 7 posts
WATERPROOFING TERRACE WITH CAUCHO - 8 posts
no paper work ??? - 4 posts
The Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal 2011 - 1 posts
iPhone 3GS, 32GB for sale - 0 posts
End of the road - 5 posts
Mediterranean Roast Chicken - Yum! - 7 posts
Long term rental required in Manilva, La Duquesa, Sabinillas area - 0 posts
Unidentified caterpillar/larvae found in garden - 2 posts
Airport road closed - 4 posts
Increased property sales ? - 5 posts
Full/Full Fuel car hire from Gibraltar for longer than 3 days? - 0 posts
Santander to offload! - 1 posts
tobacco allowance - 3 posts
Travel Insurance - 15 posts
EW TELCO?? - 1 posts
rain damage in apartment below owners terrace - 2 posts
Dog needs a home - 0 posts
What is on in June in Sabinillis and Duquesa - 2 posts
Susan Pedalino quest speaker- - 0 posts
2006 Nissan Micra - 0 posts
Spanish public health system excludes the unemployed. - 2 posts
Removal of bad tenants - 8 posts
DFS great service - 26 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x