WATERPROOFING TERRACE WITH CAUCHO

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Oct 2011 12:00 AM by pegeen Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Hi has anyone experience with using Caucho Antigotera to waterproof  a tiled terrace? What are the proportions of water to the Caucho please?

Like 0      
29 Oct 2011 8:27 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hopefully this translation will tell you what you need to know..

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
29 Oct 2011 9:11 PM by pegeen Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Hi foxpat,thank you for your potentially helpful reply.I had a look at their products but I think they use different materials for water proofing. I'm not sure but I think the product I've got is rubber based because it's called Caucho(rubber in Spanish).Maybe someone else will reply who's actually used it. But many thanks anyway.Peggy 

Like 0      
30 Oct 2011 12:35 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Peggy Hi...

First sentence of the link I sent you in English...

"Trafficable waterproofing acrylic rubber based highly elastic, inert pigments and fillers, which give excellent waterproofing properties for both flat and sloped roofs."

and in Spanish...

"Impermeabilizante transitable a base de caucho acrílico de gran elasticidad, pigmentos inertes y cargas, los cuales le confieren inmejorables propiedades como impermeabilizante para cubiertas tanto planas como inclinadas."

Suggest maybe check out the website for the manufacturer of the material you have?

Is the dilution ratio not quoted on  the container?

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
30 Oct 2011 12:59 AM by pegeen Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Hi again,

the trouble with the stuff I bought at our local Bricolage doesn't have a brand name. I was hoping to use it over the week-end but I guess I'll just have to be patient and  wait until Monday and ask them  what the exact proportions are for their product. Hopefully it won't rain before then. Many thanks again.Peggy

Like 0      
30 Oct 2011 3:31 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Pegreen

NB   You do not paint it on top of the tiles.  That product is for the base, on which you then put cement and then lay the tiles.

Maybe what you need is a silicone based waterproofed, like Thompson Wayterproofer in UK..  I suggest you ask at paint shop.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 30/10/2011.

Like 0      
30 Oct 2011 4:17 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Incidentally.

Silicone based products (and maybe others) do not really dry when used on glazed tiles, although they appear dry.  I used such a product on my terrace and over a period of a year or so, the tiles got dirtier and dirtier, but I could not remove the dirt. 

I had used the product on the advice of Pinturas Andalucia.   They and the manufactures (TKROM) visited my apartment several times and supplied various paint striping product but finally I had to buy a pressure hose. That eventually removed the water-proofer.

In my son's apartment where the problem was leaks into the apartment below, we carefully painted  just the grouting with the water-proofer.  That was successful and it did not affect the appearance of the actual tiles.

I

Like 0      
30 Oct 2011 5:12 PM by pegeen Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

thanks John that sounds like good advice. Someone has told me to dilute it 50/50 and then use it again undiluted. But painting the grouting rather than the tiles makes sense because the person who previously applied the caucho it left a residue. Which is probably what you were trying to remove. The main thing is that I don't have any more leaks from the impending heavy rain.

Like 0      
19 Dec 2018 9:37 AM by Raja22 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

A roof terrace waterproofing Vashi can provide a wonderful, restful space for sitting out in. There are a few important points to remember to ensure such a garden can be constructed safely and successfully with raja-n-raja Gala no. 1/12, Shastri Nagar, 90 Feet Road Opp Pant Nagar Police Station Corner, Ghatkopar East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400075, India number:-022 2508 0101 @raja-n-raja
embed

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

no paper work ??? - 4 posts
The Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal 2011 - 1 posts
iPhone 3GS, 32GB for sale - 0 posts
End of the road - 5 posts
Mediterranean Roast Chicken - Yum! - 7 posts
Long term rental required in Manilva, La Duquesa, Sabinillas area - 0 posts
Unidentified caterpillar/larvae found in garden - 2 posts
Airport road closed - 4 posts
Increased property sales ? - 5 posts
Full/Full Fuel car hire from Gibraltar for longer than 3 days? - 0 posts
Santander to offload! - 1 posts
tobacco allowance - 3 posts
Travel Insurance - 15 posts
EW TELCO?? - 1 posts
rain damage in apartment below owners terrace - 2 posts
Dog needs a home - 0 posts
What is on in June in Sabinillis and Duquesa - 2 posts
Susan Pedalino quest speaker- - 0 posts
2006 Nissan Micra - 0 posts
Spanish public health system excludes the unemployed. - 2 posts
Removal of bad tenants - 8 posts
DFS great service - 26 posts
Car insurance UK and Spain - 6 posts
Jet 2 - 8 posts
Wooden House- Looking for Mortgage - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x