Aifos developers

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jun 2007 12:00 AM by swanseajack Star rating in Swansea. 4 posts Send private message

Bought off plan 4 yrs ago on Hipodromo site Mijas,still no sign of build,allthough first stage blocks going up.Anybody out there with a good word to say of AIFOS???.  Thinking of trying to get my dosh back .Any feedback would be appreciated

Like 0      
04 Jun 2007 12:24 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

i don't think you will find anyone with a good word for AIFOS, plenty of bad words though!!  Find a good independent lawyer and present the details for an opinion, would be my advice. Maria the very helpful lawyer who posts on here might well be worth contacting, but does have her hands full at the moment!!  Drakan, another lawyer who posts on SPI is also very good.

Like 0      
04 Jun 2007 1:23 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
A good word about Aifos.....errrm...errrrm....errrmmm...

Sorry, couldn't think of one.

VERY bad company, even the worst agents won't deal with them any more.

Some rumours at the moment about their finances would make me try and pull out of any contract with them.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
05 Jun 2007 10:33 AM by rosi n Star rating in Cornwall / axarquia. 119 posts Send private message

Hello  Swanseajack.   You must have picked the worst Agent  around ,they have this very big selling  thing going of selling with no planning permission in place/ or even applied for , we know this site some friends were buying there 4 years ago and found out no permission granted they were lucky after making big fuss had the deposit returned,  they were also involved somewhere in the Marbella scandal , I would check on the planning part that could be the key to get your money back, as regards a good word I think that will only come from AIFOS    they have been selling that site now for about  6 YEARS , sorry no good news about AIFOS  Regds     Rosi n

Like 0      
06 Jun 2007 5:29 PM by Emsy Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Hi, My brother and a friend have put down money on several off plan properties for Puerto Golf Las Colinas -should have been ready by now and still no license to build - asked for their money back a year ago, through solicitors, and they have still not received a penny.  Getting concerned for them after reading several mails and websites recently.  If anybody else has some news on these people please post a message.

Thanks

Em

Like 0      
09 Jun 2007 12:07 PM by rosi n Star rating in Cornwall / axarquia. 119 posts Send private message

Hi again . swanseajack.    Our friends were very lucky getting there deposit back from AIFOS, it happened like this they went back to the site office about a week after paying the deposit  some people were asking when the building was going to start as they had paid deposit and signed about  2 YEARS BEFORE  ( about 2001 )  and it was now 2003, our friends over heard this conversation and spoke to the rep. he fobbed them off with some story and they left ,  a few days later after thinking about it went back to try for return of deposit,   the sales office was full of new buyers getting the bullsht  ! from the reps. and they started a very loud conversation about the return of deposit,  they took them in a office and said they would give them the money back if the left the office now without  saying another word,  (  so they could carry on with the sales patter )    so they  were very lucky. You could try the same but you proberly wont find there office very full these days.  Sorry thats all the advice we can give regarding this problem  its best to speak to Maria  L . de Casro who writes on this site and helps many people she might even be dealing with AIFOS  already.    Good luck with this as we expect it will take some time to sort out.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 8:53 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
rosi n, interesting story.  We know some people who got their deposits back from Aifos when they threatened to turn up a do a demonstration at Aifos exhibitions. 

I'm just amazed Aifos are still in business!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 9:57 AM by rosi n Star rating in Cornwall / axarquia. 119 posts Send private message

Hi  Justin.    Yes they were very lucky on there deposit return from AIFOS,  we were not involved in buying at that time ( having just sold ) they were telling us why dont you buy here ,it was in the middle of nothing no shops/ or bus service, we had a funny feeling about this site & company and we like to see a building not just a plan of the possible finished building ? As regards them still in business I think they are living from all the off plan deposits they manage to get from the shops they now have so they can tell the lies direct without using Agents.   Have a nice day.     Regds  Rosi n

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 12:07 PM by Gevaudan Star rating in Málaga. 16 posts Send private message

Gevaudan´s avatar

Hello,

About Aifos, it is clear that their real bussines was not building houses, but selling off plan at good prices (they bought previously many land at very good price) without builing licences granted yet from Town Halls. The earned a lot lot of money from buyers before building almost nothing. The bussines was simple: When the buyer were told by Aifos that the expected date of completion was going to be delayed, then Aifos offered to give the money back (with much delay) or choosing another Aifos property in other area with "no delay" in date of completion. Normally some extra money had to be paid. Many clients didn´t want to get their money back because then they had to search for a new developer off plan project, normally more expensive. This way Aifos was getting more money from the current clients by changing them from one Aifos project to another. Then aifos put the original property again on sale at a new updated price and then starting again the process with new clients. Real Estate Agents working with Aifos were asked too to give their commission back if their client stopped the purchase process. So Aifos it´s been getting a lot of money in the whole process. Some of the off plan projects they finally built had very bad quality and offen building problems! With their current legal problems and their bad reputation they are not selling too much now. But anyway they transffered much money to other areas of bussines, like hotels and restaurants in Marbella. They are now also Real Estate Agents, reselling Aifos properties originally sold to their clients to new ones. Aifos is the best example of the worst effect of a Real Estate booming market. I think they where not really interested in doing the normal job of a promoter and builder, but a different financial bussines getting money from real estate industry buyers.   

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 12:16 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Gevaudan, that's my understanding too.  I just hope that they will be in business long enough to complete the properties outstanding despite the delays.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 1:06 PM by harry32 Star rating in Winslow Buckinghamsh.... 47 posts Send private message

Hi

Some interesting reading here. There are a group of us on threads at Cortijo de Torrablanca development., with Aifos problems.

Regards

Andy

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 1:26 PM by Suzie Star rating in England. 121 posts Send private message

Some of Aifos' accounts have been frozen by the Courts.

The Judge overseeing the Malaya Case has started investigating Aifos with regard to Tax  affairs.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 3:14 PM by Suzie Star rating in England. 121 posts Send private message

Justin - why have you removed the link to the Petition website (which was on my previous post below) and has been created to help many people?  It is not a commercial website & you have already given me your permission to post it??

This message was last edited by Suzie on 6/11/2007.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 3:28 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Gevaudan wrote

'When the buyer were told by Aifos that the expected date of completion was going to be delayed, then Aifos offered to give the money back (with much delay) or choosing another Aifos property in other area with "no delay" in date of completion. Normally some extra money had to be paid. Many clients didn´t want to get their money back because then they had to search for a new developer off plan project, normally more expensive. This way Aifos was getting more money from the current clients by changing them from one Aifos project to another. Then aifos put the original property again on sale at a new updated price and then starting again the process with new clients.'

........this is what happened to us, though when the property we were transfered to was getting on for 4 years in to the build, Aifos sold it and offered us one on the same site not much more than half the size with no discount and a list of faults to breach the original contract.  Despite all this, we are still having to fight our case in court, and will be at the mercy of a judge. How wrong is that?

Like 0      
17 May 2008 5:50 PM by heminsley Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I also paid a deposit on the Puerto Golf Las Colinas off plan development in 2005 and they still don´t even own the land.  I heard through the grapevine that a group of 15 people who had also paid their deposits on this off plan have got together and are taking Aifos to Court.  Does anyone know who these people are or who their lawyers is?

Like 0      
17 May 2008 6:22 PM by Frustrated Owner Star rating in Torreblanca del Sol. 56 posts Send private message

Frustrated Owner´s avatar

Have a look on Off plan development forums - Cortijo de Torreblanca

Like 0      
17 May 2008 7:01 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Heminsley

Join the development forum that frustrated owner suggested to you, click blue link Cortijo de Torreblanca

Before joining, you can get an idea of what they're chatting about CLICK HERE

Join your own deveolpment forum too by clicking blue link Puerto Golf Las Colinas

I think you'll find that people are taking action through this, take a look. You can add your details to it.

http://www.spanishpropertyscandalpetition.co.uk/index.html

This message was last edited by morerosado on 5/17/2008.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Marina Dor - Serving a DENOUCE - Help please - 1 posts
Buying off plan - 13 posts
eyeonground? - 2 posts
Are they deaf - 1 posts
Occupied Homes to be Demolished - 6 posts
Direct pension payment - 7 posts
Merry Xmas - 4 posts
Sylvia (The Forge) - 0 posts
Gill - 2 posts
Finally a Urban Plan is submited for aproval by Marbella Town Hall - 2 posts
New Legislationfrom the EU - 26 posts
Townhouse in Mijas near the racecourse - 2 posts
LAWYER COMPLAINTS - 6 posts
Advertise your Tamaragua Villa for free - 4 posts
Buying Furniture in Spain - 16 posts
Euro Select Estates - 0 posts
photos - 2 posts
renaults for sale - 2 posts
Need long term rental in Los Gazules or near International school.Help anyone! - 0 posts
Statutory charges - 3 posts
lookin for chris and denise dockerty - 4 posts
Kliney - 2 posts
Recaliming 5% property tax - 4 posts
new grills compulsory on new builds? - 2 posts
New member - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 17

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x