What has gone wrong with the Bono?

Schools and Education in Spain Guide
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Oct 2011 12:00 AM by yourrelocationtospain.com Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Murcian parents are still waiting for the Bono's money to be paid into the schools'accounts.

Following problems in Madrid, one wonders where the money is.... In the meantime, many children are without textbooks as their parents cannot afford to buy them without the financial help. I am told that schools are refusing to help with photocopies etc... and even ban some children from lessons if they do not have the necessary books. My Spanish friend's little 6 yo son was put in this position last week; this is not acceptable as learning should be the priority. Do you know of similar problems in other provinces?

Yourrelocationtospain

Like 0      
14 Oct 2011 8:14 PM by jedk Star rating in Mar Menor, Spain. 33 posts Send private message

I believe the bono libro was revoked in Murcia on the 27th May this year.  The schools kept it quiet and still issued the usual forms but no-one is getting any financial assistance towards books this year unless in 2009 they had specific minimum income according to http://www.carm.es/web/pagina?IDCONTENIDO=1690&IDTIPO=240&NOMBRECANAL=Familia&RASTRO=c44$m2458,2459.  We were not informed by the school so the correct form was never filled out so hence no financial aid for any of the parents.

It was a shock when we found out as we had ordered the books at 257 euros, not including materials, to be told nothing was on the card.  If parents had been informed in May or even June they would have been better prepared to put money away for the books, throughout the summer hols, but instead have had to pay it out all at once leaving them in a precarious financial position or not get all the books leaving the children without the tools to help them with their education.

Very underhand and deceptive.

Like 0      
15 Oct 2011 7:18 AM by yourrelocationtospain.com Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thank you for your post. This is strange as the school got back the list of names of children entitled to the bono from the province mid september ; I saw it as some of my friends ,who do not speak spanish, asked me to check for them too. These are people who were not here before summer 2010 and they were on the list.

Also. my spanish friend rang Murcia and they told her that the money would be very soon with the schools but is still not so the plot is really thickening.

my kids books were 354 for one and 278 for the other one too; the 278 was the one who is repeating but , of course, most books were changed from last year so we had to buy near to everything again.

Like 0      
15 Oct 2011 9:42 AM by jedk Star rating in Mar Menor, Spain. 33 posts Send private message

My dd is in primary 6 and we bought all her books new as, like already mentioned, the books have been changed from last year. She  isn´t repeating and never has done but our books so far are 257 euros with one book outstanding.  We had a school meeting last week and was told by the school they did not know what was going on with the bono but basically don´t hold our breathe.  The shop we bought our books from has kept our receipt on the off chance we do get the bono but usually the money is added to the card mid september...

I am in Murcia and the schools in my area don't get the money.  We get the money added to our card.

Here are a couple of media links

http://www.teleprensa.es/murcia-noticia-304024-Los-recortes-contin26uacute3Ban3A-el-bonolibro-se-reduce-en-un-8025.html

http://www.laopiniondemurcia.es/comunidad/2010/11/18/educacion-elimina-bono-libro/284290.html

It is all a mystery...

Like 0      
16 Oct 2011 3:57 PM by yourrelocationtospain.com Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

02 Feb 2012 10:35 AM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

Just got bono libro! No idea why, as our income is UK only, so not related to that. We certainly did not expect to get it but it is VERY welcome and we could not turn down a gift of 150 euros as books etc have already cost 350 plus.

Got it in any other area of Spain?

Daveil

Like 0      
02 Feb 2012 11:00 AM by jedk Star rating in Mar Menor, Spain. 33 posts Send private message

Wow great news for you.  How did you receive it?  I am in Murcia and we didn't receive anything.

Like 0      
02 Feb 2012 11:18 AM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

Everyone was given the form in June and we filled it in with lots of bits missing, thinking we would have no chance, and last week  as our son is now in the Instituto year 1, he was asked to go to the office with another English boy and they were told to tell us to go to the Primary school. They gave us a letter with a plastic card to take to the book shop where we had bought everything.They issued a receipt which we took to the Caja Murcia and were given cash!

Probably too late for this year but certainly worth making sure that the form goes in next year. It seems very unfair that there is not equality as the books and equipment are expensive.

Daveil

Like 0      
03 Feb 2012 2:17 PM by jedk Star rating in Mar Menor, Spain. 33 posts Send private message

We finally got ours as well this morning.  Everyone is entitled to it in Murcia (again).  You get 110 per child in primary school and 150 per child in secondary school.

We had to do the same as you , take the card that was issued last year to the bank with the books receipt and NIE and they gave us cash.  Usually what happens here is you take the card to the papeleria and they take the money off it so keep the card safe as you will need it for September when it should be topped up again.

Like 0      
03 Feb 2012 3:53 PM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

That is great! So happy that it has worked out. They just seem to be running late with payments.

Daveil

Like 0      
15 Dec 2012 10:11 AM by craigedmonds Star rating in Marbella. 28 posts Send private message

craigedmonds´s avatar

what is this Bono thing?

Can I get it in Marbella?

Like 0      
15 Dec 2012 10:51 AM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

It is a grant to help pay for books etc. We had to produce receipts and got the money. It is NOT income related.

However, this year the system changed and I do not know what they call it now but we missed it as the card previously given could not be used. Check with the school in June and complete the form and the money will be given to you in September.

One of my friends also got a travel allowance grant! 

Daveil

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Property Insurance - 4 posts
Yamaha FX160HO Cruiser Jet Ski for sale - 1 posts
can anyone help us - 1 posts
Life in Spain - 4 posts
TRAVEL HELP PLEASE - 3 posts
Non Resident Tax - 4 posts
Communities and free range dogs - 9 posts
Flies, Damned Flies! - 7 posts
Justin! Where Are You? - 4 posts
WAITING TIMES FOR AN OPERATION IN SPAIN - 4 posts
Party lines in Spain, or just crossed?? - 1 posts
Why so tolerant of noise - 11 posts
Another great holiday over - 3 posts
New spanish in the forum - 9 posts
How long to swap UK licence for Spanish one? - 21 posts
Setting up as a Taxi Driver - 3 posts
watch football in spain - 0 posts
BAG A BARGAIN? - 3 posts
Getting married in Rojales - 0 posts
Leather Chairs - 2 posts
2011 Peugeot Partner Premium HDi90 - 0 posts
What documents should a new tenant show? - 0 posts
Without administrator - 12 posts
New Camera Bag. Kata DC441 - 0 posts
Granada - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x