Classic Motorcycle Insurance

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Aug 2011 12:00 AM by alfonso70 Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Hola,

Can anyone suggest a company in spain that offers fully comprehesive insurance for classic bikes? Mines a 1975 and all i seem to be able to get so far is Third Party only.

Also we are trying to find reasonably priced insurace for my wife's SV650, can anyone recommend any insurance companies for that?

Oh both bikes are now spanish registered (many thank to Graham at Spanish Numberplates, very helpful, professional and would recommend)

Many thanks, Tony

Like 0      
14 Aug 2011 1:12 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

You might find it difficult if not impossible.

23 years ago I bought a new 125cc.  I got  full comp only because it was a new bike and the cost for cover was £400 with high excess,  with a full no claims bonus (in 1988). I had just come from UK where full comp on any bike up to 350cc was £70.

My 600 Yamaha is insured with Linea Directa, but only 3rd party and breakdown and that is about 250 Euros, 100 euros less than with Liberty Ins which I changed from two years ago.

Good luck Alfonso

PS     I tried to get a Linea Directa Tel No.  but all I could find was this, which appears to be an agent for them (in English)  800 200 369, if they do not do full comp maybe they could recommend someone

Like 0      
14 Aug 2011 1:38 PM by eljefe Star rating in Torrevieja. 15 posts Send private message

eljefe´s avatar

You will have to try a spanish company. Try classic cover dot es . Fill in the form and they will give you a quote. 

Like 0      
19 Aug 2011 12:47 PM by enelsol Star rating in Mijas Costa. 24 posts Send private message

enelsol´s avatar

I used to insure my 1974 Kawasaki via Juan at BMI Seguros in Marbella (0034952817167).  It was a classic bike insurance but it was third party only - I then had to cover theft from the garage as part of my household contents.

Carol Nash offer an insurance in the UK which allows you to use the bike overseas for up to 365 days a year.  Probably only 'applicable' and available if you have a UK address and a UK plated bike.

I have found the Spanish insurances to be about 4 times the UK rates.

Like 0      
19 Aug 2011 2:22 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

(Not applicable in Alfonso's case as he says his bikes are now Spanish registered).

365 days cover on a UK registered bike !!!!!

But if you are non resident you can only use it max 6 months a year.    If you are resident you cannot (in normal circumstances) drive a foreign registered vehicle

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

La Rosa, Near La Cala de Mijas - 1 posts
Re: cheese - 7 posts
Hi, I've just joined - 4 posts
Has anyone any information on this new EU Scheme ?????? - 23 posts
doctors - 1 posts
ciudad quesada / dona pepa or paya flamenca to rent long term - please advice! - 0 posts
Frozen bread - 27 posts
British old age pensioners living in Spain - 17 posts
Clothing Business For Sale - 0 posts
Tae Kwon Do & Piano Lessons - Murcia region - 0 posts
Los Alcazares - schooling - 1 posts
Jet2 Glasgow to Murcia 2012 - 2 posts
Is It The Corrupt System or Misguided Naive Buyers ?? - 24 posts
Food Price Comparison Site For Spain? - 4 posts
shoes for driving in spain?? - 21 posts
LFO's - 0 posts
Telephone and Internet Charges. - 1 posts
British old age pensions - 11 posts
Wrong numbers - 1 posts
Motorway - 0 posts
Local Politics - Getting Involved - 2 posts
Eating out recommendations in Arroyo de la Miel - 1 posts
chipmunk in Nuevo Paraje Moriana - 0 posts
WANTED: long term rental wanted in quesada/torrevieja area from september 2011 - 2 posts
All Spanish Should Learn To Speak Fluent English - 23 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x