Telephone and Internet Charges.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Aug 2011 12:00 AM by Kenny G Star rating in Calahonda. 41 posts Send private message

Just though I'd raise the old chestnut of phone and internet charges in case we have any improvements from anywhere.

I am currently paying €65 a month for 6Mb connection and landline rental from Movistar (Telefonica)

I met a guy on the golf course who says he got a great deal through a "u-switch" type company based in Estepona.

I know it's been done to death on this forum in the past about the reliability versus costs of different companies, but this guy has been on the coast for 20 years so he is pretty savi about things and the deal sounded pretty good to me.

Anyone got any up to date knowledge of this?

Like 0      
11 Aug 2011 4:52 PM by Bigwilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

I had telefonica and was consistenly unhappy with it.
I switched and got another provider which i was moderatly happy with.

Cheaper and slighlty faster.

But

As soon as i moved it was telefonica and the third party fighting over who shoudl deal with it.
Each were passing me from one to the other and in the end i just ended up with with a random 200 euro payment taken out of my account.

Telefonica is not great but they give you phone and internet so if you have a problem you deal with telefonica.
If you add a third party into the equasion you have 2 people to contact if there is a problem and each will deny everything.

I now have telefonica 1.5 meg and they are charging me through the nose for it because they put in a different line due to connection problems.

I am unhappy but not that unhappy that i will go with a third party and open myself up to dealing with 2 companys that deny all responsibilty rather than jsut the one i can shout at.

If that makes sense

This message was last edited by Bigwilly on 11/08/2011.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

British old age pensions - 11 posts
Wrong numbers - 1 posts
Motorway - 0 posts
Local Politics - Getting Involved - 2 posts
Eating out recommendations in Arroyo de la Miel - 1 posts
chipmunk in Nuevo Paraje Moriana - 0 posts
WANTED: long term rental wanted in quesada/torrevieja area from september 2011 - 2 posts
All Spanish Should Learn To Speak Fluent English - 23 posts
ITV Homes From Hell - 9 August 2011 - 33 posts
schools in rojales or quesada for 5 years old - 4 posts
Big light show 11-13th August - 4 posts
Thinking of coming back out soon for a week with my kids ? - 0 posts
Disco Equipment for sale - 0 posts
Security for vacant properties - 2 posts
Supermarket Purchases - 12 posts
Have you seen the UK news - 36 posts
Afghan Heroes Dinner and Ball - 0 posts
Mercedes SLK 230 Car Swop or Sale - 2 posts
new business - 0 posts
Wind! - 6 posts
Hi, I'm Daniel. I need some help with fitting out our summer Villa in Torrevieja, - 6 posts
Is it obligatory in Spain to have house insurance for tenants??? - 4 posts
What's happened to Richie Allen from Talk Radio Europe - 6 posts
Airport ground staff strike action 18th & 26th August. - 16 posts
Can anyone help me please no deeds for 7 years. - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x