BBVA Rip off

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Aug 2011 12:00 AM by miffed Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Last year I was having difficulty in making the payments on my mortgage to BBVA.  I approached the bank and told them that this problem was because I had previously bought a property on Camposol and that because of the issued relating to MASA the builders changing the original plan parcel I was unable to get my escrituras for the property.  I intended to sell the Camposol property and clear the mortgage on the other  property .  BBVA offered me no solution whatsoever.  No repayment holiday, no interest only for a period nothing.

I found a potential buyer that was prepared to pay 159000€ for the property and BBVA processed the mortgage application.  After THREE months they turned this down.  I had no choice other than to ask for a Dacon de Pago that was accepted by BBVA for the mortgage balance of 95000€.  I thought that this was the end of the problem.  I lost a house valued by BBVA at 176000€ in 2004 with a mortgage of 136000€.  I spent over 50000€ renovating the property with a new kitchen, bathroom and swimming pool and paid the 1000€ per month mortgage for 6 years.

I had a problem with BBVA at first failing to pay the 20€ final electricity bill from Iberdrola for the period after the house was signed over to BBVA and later had to pay 170€ to Hacienda plus a fine of 30€ for late payment for not paying over the retention that BBVA held over when I purchased the property from a non resident.  Is this the way Spanish repay expat for backing them?

Like 0      
02 Aug 2011 10:33 PM by Bigwilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

i am very interested in this and want to know more.

personally i had to cancel my bbva accounts because they misled me on something.

just to get this straight.

you got a mortgage for 136`000 and paid off 1000 a month x 12 x 6 = 72k give or take/?

when you handed the house the bank through the Dacion de Pago you owed 95000 euros mortgage on it after also having spent 50k renovarting it?

have i read that right?

Like 0      
02 Aug 2011 11:18 PM by miffed Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Yup thats correct.  Also during the time I was having payment problems each month I was contacted by the manager who told me by email that I needed to pay an amount to cover the mortgage and the credit card.  Later I received a phone call from BBVA card devision telling me that the card had not been paid for several months.  When I approached the manager he shruged his shoulders and said the card was not paid, the mortgage was more important, bastard!!!

Like 0      
02 Aug 2011 11:39 PM by Bigwilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

thats so bad.

i got a loan out and i had insurance in case i got made redundent.

the english bank manager in an english speaking staffed bank gave me the loan and the insurance but that got closed and they moved my branch.

when i got made redundent nobody in the banks spoke english and when i took someone that spoke spanish with me because mine was still bad they were just evasive and wouldnt actually say anything or do anything.

it was just passing me off and getting me to come back the next day or next week or go to another branch.

we were going back daily but nobody seemed to give an answer.

but i have a question for you?

May i ask why you were selling it for 157k when you ended up walking away and getitng nothing?

why not sell it for 98`000 or 110`00? or even 95?

This message was last edited by Bigwilly on 02/08/2011.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2011 10:18 AM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Unfortunately it is not just BBVA, i know Bancaja and Cajamar are doing the same!

Its a real shame as they do not want to help anyone, you are especially in trouble if your house is in positive equity as they will sell it and make a profit at a later date which will help cover the loss of the properties in negative equity.

Joan

Like 0      
03 Aug 2011 12:43 PM by manorpark Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

manorpark´s avatar

You can add Cambank to the list. They are not interested in helping clients.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2011 2:06 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

The actual true thing is:

IF YOU HAVE MONEY THEY WILL HELP, IF YOU NEED MONEY THEY WILL TAKE EVERYTHING!

Joan

Like 0      
03 Aug 2011 9:44 PM by miffed Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

To sell for 95000 the additional estate agent fees of say 3%- 3363 + legal fees say 1000 takes the amount to 4363€,  we had an offer of 159000€, why should we take less, during the process we had an other offer of 118,00€  but as the bank told me it was being processed for the 159000 we did not accept the offer.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2011 10:10 PM by Bigwilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

ok i see that

much appreciated that you replied and i get it now.

it was just a personl interest thing because i am looking to buy a distressed house and i amlooking to buy one for the 99363 rather than the 159000 so your reply helped me very much.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New look site- where's the buttons? - 25 posts
SORRY BUT MORE ABOUT ILLEGAL HOMES - 0 posts
Makita 2029 THIS HAS BEEN SITTING ON A SHELF Volts 110 - 0 posts
DEWALT XR2 BATTERY AND DRILL 18V - 0 posts
CHAINSAW TIMBER BEAR - 0 posts
Elu flip saw. Volts 110 - 0 posts
Bosch Cordless Drill 12 volt - 0 posts
Makita 2414B Abrasive cut-off saw 110v - 0 posts
Hilti TE-10 Hammer drill Volts 110 - 0 posts
sewage again! - 0 posts
freesat top box - 5 posts
Building Valuation - Help - 1 posts
Any experiences of obtaining dangerous dogs licence? - 10 posts
If you are thinking about moving to spain maybe this is interesting to you? - 22 posts
Hand the keys in and walk away? No chance! - 50 posts
Compensation caused by abnormal functioning of the Spanish Administration of Justice - 7 posts
American - 2 posts
3 Shot in Palomares - 4 posts
Endesa electric problem - 4 posts
man with a van asap?????? - 0 posts
Air con Heredades - 5 posts
How healthy is your townhall's finances? - 8 posts
Sick Pay in Spain - 0 posts
Advice needed on kids starting school in Formentera del segura in spain - 6 posts
lobins answer to illegal homes - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x