Endesa electric problem

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Aug 2011 12:00 AM by must72 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi

Apartment in Marbella ,unfortunately electric meter got removed few weeks ago.

It is a modern apartment ,so cabling etc should be no problem.

Not a Spanish speaker which doesnt help...

What's involved in getting reconnection ?

Any idea of cost ?

Can it be sorted from abroad ?

Used to be able to pay Endesa electric bill with credit card from Ireland ,when I eventually could get hold

of an English speaker ! , now apparently only Spanish based cards can be used ....

Can it be done direct debit from Spanish bank account ?

Thanks in advance for any advice / help.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2011 1:42 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Not going to be easy during August.

You will need first to have an electrician arrange a boletin (certificate) and then you can call up and arrange re-connection.

But re-connection in August can be difficult as so many staff are away.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2011 6:02 PM by shameonthemonkey Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Its a costly and a pain in the backside experience, if you dont already have a boletin you will need one, as long as you have that its not so bad. Just alot of paperwork, i have a property maintainence company and this happens unfortunately too ofter (not my fault!) The electrician I use sorts the boletin and the reconnection. Even in complicated cases it takes him maximum 2 weeks to sort out and reconnect, If you want his details PM me, im unsure if im allowed to post them on the forum? Or can a mod clear me up and say I can?? Thanks

Like 0      
05 Aug 2011 3:24 PM by Fighter2 Star rating. 237 posts Send private message

If you have previously had a contract for supply with Endesa you should not need a boletin, they will already have seen it and have disconnected you due to non payment. They should raise you a new contract based on all of the information they already have. Unusual though that they have removed the meter, they usually remove the master fuse and seal.

Barry

Like 0      
05 Aug 2011 4:25 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

NO - usually you need a boletin for a new contract or indeed any change at all. Certainly in Malaga province.

It is normal in Spain when they disconnect to remove meter.

To be re-connected you will also need to clear up debt or else do contract in wife/partners name etc

Expect delays in August with re-connection. If you arrange over phone they might say yes 5 days but all they do is send out the order and if there is no technician available then nothing happens and they might even cancel re-connection contrcat and then you have to start all over again. Sometimes you can fare better if you go in person to Endesa office in local area etc.

But it is August .....

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

man with a van asap?????? - 0 posts
Air con Heredades - 5 posts
How healthy is your townhall's finances? - 8 posts
Sick Pay in Spain - 0 posts
Advice needed on kids starting school in Formentera del segura in spain - 6 posts
lobins answer to illegal homes - 0 posts
Best type of property for rental income - 7 posts
Wanted - Kids toys - 0 posts
Entity queery - 0 posts
squash courts - 0 posts
Form 210 - 0 posts
THE SALE THAT NEVER WAS - 1 posts
Ryan Air next year - 2 posts
TELEGRAPH newspaper's Spanish Planning Scandal Campaign - 0 posts
SPANISH PROPERTY LAWS ON ILLEGAL PROPERTIES - 15 posts
Morrisons Gibraltar Tobacco - 2 posts
Recommendations for Buildings and Contents Insurance - 16 posts
Moving To Spain In September - 2 posts
cantabrian anchovies - 2 posts
Satellite Dishes in North West Spain - 2 posts
La Cala de Mijas Feria - 2 posts
For the information of all AIFOS's Creditors - 6 posts
Can i find out when my repposesion hearing will be? - 3 posts
Looking for used large lhd panel van - 0 posts
Car Hire for August - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x