Advice needed on kids starting school in Formentera del segura in spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Jul 2011 12:00 AM by twinmummy Star rating in Formentera del segur.... 82 posts Send private message

HI everyone,

Does anyone know what my 4 years olds need to take with them on the first day of school. They are 4 years old and will be starting at Juan Carlos school in Formentera del Segura in September. The school does have a notice outside on the board talking about books and other details, but obviously all in Spanish, and although I am trying to learn the laguage I am not there yet.

I know they will need some books, but dont know what and where to get them from. Do they need pens, pencils, crayons etc, and are excerise books needed or provided. They are only 4 year old so I would presume they dont need a lot but dont want them to start off on the wrong foot.

The school is now closed for holidays and I am unsure of when they will re open, if atall before they school year starts, All the paperwork has been done, medical, photos, padrons but did not remember to ask what the kids needed on their first day.

Any help would be appreciated, or details of how to obtain this information.

Kindest regards

Like 0      
31 Jul 2011 12:38 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Twinmummy,

I cannot believe they are 4 now how time goes.  I thought you had gone back to UK as the work had.dried up.  So glad to hear you are still there.

Do the school not give you a list of things the children need?  But they might not need much as they are just starting. I would have thought  the school would have said.

Ask Teresa in the Trasgu her boy does not go to that school but she will know what the children need to take. 

But Justin might be able to help you I do not know if the schools differ on the Costa del Sol.

Well take care

Patricia

Like 0      
01 Aug 2011 9:01 PM by twinmummy Star rating in Formentera del segur.... 82 posts Send private message

HI, nice to hear from you. And I agree time as gone super quick. We did go back to the UK, but the work situation was just as bad there, so we thought we might as well be warm an skint in Spain rather than cold, misserable and skint in England. We thought we would give it another go, I feel like a boomerang but I know I belong here and we are gonna try again. Anyhow speak again soon.. TTFN xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Like 0      
01 Aug 2011 9:46 PM by KellyMaria Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Hi,

At 4 years they will not need books, you will pay a fee instead, the teacher will give you a bank slip to pay this when they start school. Only in year 1 (6 Years) do you buy the books, you will also be entitled to a bono which is a voucher book that discounts the price of the books.

Hope this helps

Like 0      
26 Aug 2011 6:41 PM by twinmummy Star rating in Formentera del segur.... 82 posts Send private message

Thanks for your reply, only thing I am confused about now is, the school has listed on their notice board now the 3 books with the ISBN numbers that they need at 4 years old, so do I buy these? or does it come from the fee we pay to the school. There was no mention of a fee when we enrolled them. I have checked these ISBNs and for the first book I typed in the cost of it was 92Euros. FOR ONE BOOK. I did not look at the rest, lol. dont think I could have handled it. Anyway, Does anyone know how much this fee is? and if I do end up having o buy the books is there anywhere I can get them second hand as I need 2 lots of them and need to make it cheap as possible.

Many thanks

Like 0      
26 Aug 2011 7:14 PM by KellyMaria Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Hi Twinmummy,

I would wait until they start school, they do not use the books until 1st October, well that is in the Spanish school my kids go to, the fee I paid was 50€, then a further 20€ for pencils etc and as I said you will get the letter and a bank slip when they start.

or you could go in to the school before they start, the teachers I think are there from the 1st September.

Hope this helps

Like 0      
26 Aug 2011 8:41 PM by twinmummy Star rating in Formentera del segur.... 82 posts Send private message

Thankyou so much for your advice, nice to know they wont be using the books straight away. I will probably drop in and speak to them before they start now I know they are open from the 1st september.

You have be a great help many thanks

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

lobins answer to illegal homes - 0 posts
Best type of property for rental income - 7 posts
Wanted - Kids toys - 0 posts
Entity queery - 0 posts
squash courts - 0 posts
Form 210 - 0 posts
THE SALE THAT NEVER WAS - 1 posts
Ryan Air next year - 2 posts
TELEGRAPH newspaper's Spanish Planning Scandal Campaign - 0 posts
SPANISH PROPERTY LAWS ON ILLEGAL PROPERTIES - 15 posts
Morrisons Gibraltar Tobacco - 2 posts
Recommendations for Buildings and Contents Insurance - 16 posts
Moving To Spain In September - 2 posts
cantabrian anchovies - 2 posts
Satellite Dishes in North West Spain - 2 posts
La Cala de Mijas Feria - 2 posts
For the information of all AIFOS's Creditors - 6 posts
Can i find out when my repposesion hearing will be? - 3 posts
Looking for used large lhd panel van - 0 posts
Car Hire for August - 3 posts
For all ex army guys A look at Irish Special forces - 0 posts
RHD spanish reg audi for sale - 0 posts
Question for Maria - 0 posts
Is Spain the Place to Go? - 8 posts
Buying A Property In Spain - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x