iberdrola in pilar horadada

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 May 2011 12:00 AM by bacardi Star rating in Bournemouth. 43 posts Send private message

Would i be right in saying that if you do not present yourself at a iberdrola office every 3 months or so, your electric bills are higher than they should be. As you have no billing paperwork (un-like water bills)

Also, is there an iberdrola office inside a shop in pilar de horadada to go to if there is a problem. look forward to hearing from you.

Darren

Like 0      
12 May 2011 10:55 PM by mumashine Star rating in Near La Serena Golf,.... 27 posts Send private message

mumashine´s avatar

Darren - I will investigate this further for you.  Yes there is an Electrical Appliance Shop in Pillar with an Iberdrola office at the back of the shop.  I went there about 18months ago as there were chinese whispers working their way around the communities that every one needed to register again with Ibedrola otherwise their electrc bills would be more expensive,  I sigined a form and  a copy of my passport was taken and that was that.  To be very honest I dont know if that was the truth - the full story - or only half of it.  I am back out in Spain in a couple of days and will check with my neighbours (mostly Spanish) and see if I can get a bit of sense from them.  I certainly haven't been back to the office and can't say I notice any real difference with the bills.

I confirm that I do pay by DD and I still get a copy of a bill sent to my address.

Like 0      
13 May 2011 12:07 PM by bacardi Star rating in Bournemouth. 43 posts Send private message

Mumashine, thanks for your co-operation with this, how would i get hold of paper bills?

Like 0      
13 May 2011 2:02 PM by elliebobs Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

The high street in Pilar is terrible when its busy. A word of warning, never go on a Friday when the market is on, terribly busy. I saw a couple of car incidents last time. I will not be visiting there again unless its a must.

Like 0      
13 May 2011 3:29 PM by JazII Star rating in Mar Menor and UK. 133 posts Send private message

JazII´s avatar

We're with Iberdrola and we have estimate bills and then every so often a little man comes round and takes a reading from meter outside our house and the month following his vist our bill is adjusted to reflect actual usage 

Our usuage charge is based on 8.05 kw (as we have an 8 amp fuse BTW)...so for example our consumption could be 8.05kw x 29 days x 0.056529 euros/kw days

Final final element of our bill is a standing charge for equipment rental.

We manage all our payments etc via D/D 

This message was last edited by JazII on 13/05/2011.

Like 0      
13 May 2011 6:36 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

"Our usuage charge is based on 8.05 kw (as we have an 8 amp fuse BTW)..."

Your entire house only pulls 8 amps? I think my fridge takes care of 6.

Like 0      
13 May 2011 9:14 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Jazil...an 8A fuse for an 8Kw supply?

Surely not; with an 8amp fuse you wouldn't even be able to boil a kettle... if you have an ICP fitted  it should be rated at at least 25A. If not why not? To be legal you should have one.  8Kw at 230V converts to 34.7 amps available.

Guy T...Your fridge draws 6A... 6A x 230 v = 1380 W about right I would guess.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
13 May 2011 9:52 PM by mumashine Star rating in Near La Serena Golf,.... 27 posts Send private message

mumashine´s avatar

Hiya Bacardi - I have always had paper bills - again I will check this out for you.

I also have a feeling but please dont quote me on this - as I will have to check with my hubby - when we first bought our house  7 years ago - we had a 5 amp fuse and - the freezer was permanently on - obviously - and if I had the electric oven on and then stupidly put the on the kettle - we would loose the lot.  It wasn't long before we had an upgrade and I think we might be 50A now.

But looking at what Foxbat has said - I could be wrong re the ampage.

Like 0      
13 May 2011 10:39 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

All this talk about fuses...

To be legal these days there should only be one fuse in the system, and that is on the incoming supply from the grid. its usually right next to the meter and outside the house. It is the suppliers responsibility not the customers. That fuse and the meter itself  is also what the supplier removes if for any reason they decide to cut you off..

Internally there shouldn't be a fuse in sight. The house or apartment's electrical distribution box should have a number of circuit breakers, each protecting its own branch of the system. There should also be a couple of Reverse Current Detectors to protect the customer in the event that any appliance develops a short circuit to ground. Finally there should be an ICP which is a current limiter the value of which in Amps is dependent upon the supply power rating contracted with the supplier. The ICP will trip and turn everything off  if the total maximum power you try to draw exceeds that contracted.

Circuit breakers, RCD's and the ICP are all legal requirements since 2007.

mumashine...as I pointed out to jazill a 5A fuse wouldnt even support a kettle, let alone a cooker...

Hope this helps...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
13 May 2011 10:57 PM by mumashine Star rating in Near La Serena Golf,.... 27 posts Send private message

mumashine´s avatar

Thanks FB for the info

I do probably have my terminology incorrect - but I know I went over to a gas kettle when the electric one use to trip the power - when I had 2 other appliances on the go.  I also have an old finca - and to be honest probably everything in it isn't up to todays legislation and legal requirements.   But it will be one day.....................and if I win the lottery tonight - sooner rather than later.

Have a good weekend.

Like 0      
13 May 2011 11:35 PM by JazII Star rating in Mar Menor and UK. 133 posts Send private message

JazII´s avatar

Hmmm thx FB maybe I too have the wrong terminology (I don't really do Electrics LOL) 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Guitar for Sale - 1 posts
Barclay Capital's view of the Property Roadshow of the Spanish Ministry of Public Works - 0 posts
WHAT ARE THE FINES FOR NOT SUBMITTING TAX RETURN - 4 posts
Declaración de la renta - 1 posts
Looking for reputable TV man to install Spanish antenna in Calahonda area - 5 posts
Cost of prescriptions - 1 posts
Delivery from England (Manchester) to Costa Blanca Villa Martin area (July) - 2 posts
Deliveries from England (Manchester) to Costa Blanca Villa Martin area - 1 posts
Renault Trafic Van For Sale - 0 posts
Tax thresholds in Spain - 2 posts
Spanish seasonal lease contract - 4 posts
Spanish Road Tax - 1 posts
Good old Green Hills - 8 posts
Changing address for car tax reminder - 2 posts
needing help with fireworks in Marbella - 1 posts
Road works near Mijas - 2 posts
Wantingto buy - 0 posts
Car Rental Question - 2 posts
Poncho's - 0 posts
IKEA Trofast childrens pine storage units - 0 posts
FRUSTRATED EX SPANISH HOUSE OWNER - 1 posts
TELEFONICA LINES TO UK - 1 posts
Thinking of moving to Villa Martin - 2 posts
Web Camera - 1 posts
Benalmadena peublo - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x