Declaración de la renta

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 May 2011 12:00 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Hi, I have a mortgage and own a property in Mijas Golf. I do my declaración de la renta every year. My partner now lives with me, although her name is not on the mortgage. She is working full time in a contracted position. If she does a declaracion, is she likely to get any tax back? She does not have a mortgage or a rental contract as she lives with me, so not sure exactly what she would declare? Should her employers have given her a declaracion de la renta paper yet this year?

Thanks, Jane

Like 0      
13 May 2011 12:43 PM by sneezey Star rating. 64 posts Send private message

sneezey´s avatar

This is an article that I have copied and may be of help to you

As in previous years it is now the time to pay your annual income taxes to the Spanish Inland Revenue (Agencia Tributaria). During the months of May and June individuals who are tax residents in Spain (those who have lived in Spain more than 183 days during year 2010) must submit their annual Income tax returns, corresponding to the tax year 2010.
Depending on the level of income, some individuals do not have to submit the annual tax returns, but it is recommendable that everybody does in order to avoid any future problems with the Inland Revenue. In Spain there is a self assessment system, so ignorance of the Laws is not a legal excuse for not fulfilling their obligations.
It is better to get advice and file the tax returns at 0 zero, than not doing it at all. Also it may be possible that a taxpayer has the right to receive a refund from the Inland Revenue, so it’s worth spending 30 minutes with your tax adviser to discuss your particular personal circumstances, and to file your annual income tax returns.
For non Spaniards who are living permanently in Spain it is also important to submit their annual tax returns as tax residents in Spain in order to confirm and clarify their personal tax situation with the Spanish Inland Revenue. It could be very important to have annual tax returns duly submitted, just in case they wish to sell their property in the future and need to be considered as tax residents in Spain to be able to take tax advantage for reinvestment, etc.

During the months of May and June (remember that dead line to file tax returns is 30th June 2011) the tax experts of Manilva Solicitors are happy to meet clients free of charge to discuss their particular personal and financial circumstances and advise them on the best course of action to take regarding whether or not their annual income tax return should be filed.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Looking for reputable TV man to install Spanish antenna in Calahonda area - 5 posts
Cost of prescriptions - 1 posts
Delivery from England (Manchester) to Costa Blanca Villa Martin area (July) - 2 posts
Deliveries from England (Manchester) to Costa Blanca Villa Martin area - 1 posts
Renault Trafic Van For Sale - 0 posts
Tax thresholds in Spain - 2 posts
Spanish seasonal lease contract - 4 posts
Spanish Road Tax - 1 posts
Good old Green Hills - 8 posts
Changing address for car tax reminder - 2 posts
needing help with fireworks in Marbella - 1 posts
Road works near Mijas - 2 posts
Wantingto buy - 0 posts
Car Rental Question - 2 posts
Poncho's - 0 posts
IKEA Trofast childrens pine storage units - 0 posts
FRUSTRATED EX SPANISH HOUSE OWNER - 1 posts
TELEFONICA LINES TO UK - 1 posts
Thinking of moving to Villa Martin - 2 posts
Web Camera - 1 posts
Benalmadena peublo - 3 posts
BBC are on the case - 5 posts
Slide and swings for ages 2 - 10, 80 euros - 0 posts
car hire-fuel refunds - 6 posts
Barking dogs - 22 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x