EOS in IE9

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 May 2011 1:55 PM by CeeJay Star rating in Costa Blanca and Eas.... 39 posts Send private message

CeeJay´s avatar

Any joy yet Justin? My headings are still out of kilter so presume not?

Like 0      
24 May 2011 3:25 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

I have been running IE9 since it was released and the only problem I could see was that in EOS you had to go to the View button amd alter the size if text

That looks to be the problem with Robertos page

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
24 May 2011 4:27 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Reducing text size (which makes no difference to the actual size of the text) to medium brings the Google ads column back up in line with the main page content, but little else.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
24 May 2011 9:12 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hmmm, this is really doing my head in

I have one more thing to try and then I am out of options and you will all have to uninstall IE9 and use IE7 again

Will give it a go in a bit and ask for feedback again!  Thanks for your patience.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
24 May 2011 9:51 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

It really isn't that important Justin - I'm not going to uninstall IE9, but neither am I going to desert EOS! If it bothered me that much, I'd just use Firefox when on EOS.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
24 May 2011 11:11 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hmm!

Dessert!

Yum! Need some in my tum!

Ah! ,,, ummm.... yes! (got that wrong... lol)

I see what Roberto is saying and I agree...

but...

IE 9 in compatibility mode ... everything seems to work for me, other than the display!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
26 May 2011 5:25 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Roberto, I appreciate that!  BUT,  I would like to think that it works fine for everyone, everywhere!

I have just made another change and try to force the browser to render the pages as if it was IE7.

Can you tell me this all looks normal again for you??

Thanks again.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
26 May 2011 7:45 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I would have given up long ago!

No change to the alignment of my account / my profile links, or the reply / new thread buttons, but strangely, the compatibility view button today has disappeared from its usual place in the address bar of IE9 so I wasn't sure if I was "in the mode" or not. Had to go to the tools menu to check, but as far as I can tell, I can now use the smilies and photo insert functions either with or without comp. view enabled without it freezing as before. So that's progress! 

This message was last edited by Roberto on 26/05/2011.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Jun 2011 5:03 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hey Rob....I've not given up yet

I made some mods today, can you let me know if it's made it any better for you??

Cheers mate

Justin

Like 0      
27 Jun 2011 8:13 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

YES!

All the account info top right is in place now. The yellow "reply" and "start new thread" buttons still appear a bit broken, but that really doesn't matter - they work. The Google ads (left column) not showing until I scroll down past all the posts, we figured out was because I have my text size set to "larger" (I have a 23" monitor so it helps) - when I reset it to "medium" they are where they should be.

And the good news is - the site looks great in Android! I'm the proud new owner of an Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101, and I'm loving it! Read this review and you'll want one too!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Jun 2011 8:31 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Sorry, but just thought I'd mention that in the last few weeks the home page (it seems only the home page) loads then sort of shrinks by about 25% up and to the left on the iPad and iPhone. Don't know whether I need to refresh something somewhere, but have tried, cleared cache, etc. and it still seems to happen.

Is it me?

Like 0      
27 Jun 2011 8:39 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Should've got an Eee pad!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Jun 2011 8:56 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Eeeee, maybe I should have! Can you post smileys on that? :) still can't on this!

Like 0      
27 Jun 2011 10:00 PM by roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

roberto´s avatar
Apparently not. But I do have a full qwerty keyboard docked right now, so I'm using an Android netbook. Bet you can't do that with your iPad?!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Jun 2011 10:18 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Anyone want to buy an iPad? :(

Like 0      
28 Jun 2011 9:34 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Rob, you can't imagine how pleased I am that finally I have been able to fix something ....

...only for Pitby to step in and bring me down a peg or two again

Pitby, I actually picked up my shiny new iPad last week (I won it in a compo amazingly) and yes, I saw the odd home page thing going on but have absolutely no idea why.  The site works fine in Safari normally.

I don't get the same problem on my iPhone though.

Will get onto it....

Justin

Like 0      
28 Jun 2011 9:42 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Sorry! (I'd put in a sad smiley if I could!)

It's strange because some pages (like 'post reply') display ok but others don't. Just checked on my phone again and same thing. Have latest OS in both, so it's not that. Don't understand it - it was fine up until a few weeks ago.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2011 12:33 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I told you - you need an Eee Pad!

Justin:  If you can't fix the old buttons, chuck 'em out and put new ones in. I like it! Haven't checked how they look in Android yet though......

By the way, did you win the iPad from CoolDeals?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
29 Jun 2011 2:09 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

There are more buttons to replace still...not sure why they were all currupted

No, I didn't get the cooldeals iPad...it was relating to something else.

Justin

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

moving where? - 2 posts
House or Apartment required near Malaga Airport - 4 posts
Fire safety in appartments - 0 posts
Iceland is in Vera - 5 posts
Banks - 1 posts
Picture format in HD - 3 posts
Router problem - 3 posts
Had enough now! - 17 posts
Student finance support UK - 0 posts
Those affected by Instant Acess Properties - 0 posts
Osama Bin Laden killed in Pakistan! - 4 posts
Auberge, Benijofar - 10 posts
WANTED: Seville centre(ish) appartment - Sept 2011 to June 2012 - 2 posts
Help! Bees Nest!!!! - 7 posts
Long Term Rental - Quesada - Los Montesinos - El Raso - 2 posts
Borrador - 6 posts
Over three and a half hours of The Royal Wedding, enjoy! - 0 posts
QUESTION RE SPANISH HEALTH SYSTEM - 3 posts
cd player for car needed. murcia/mazarron area. - 0 posts
It isn't just the British - 2 posts
UK couple living near Estepona Looking for friends - 0 posts
Reach the World - 0 posts
Long term rental wanted , Villa country house East of Estapona - 0 posts
Looking to rent house - 0 posts
Petition: An Open Letter to David Lidington, Minister for Europe - 66 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 39

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x