Dickmanns Car Hire Alicante Airport

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by robbo1952 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Can anyone tell me where the Dickmanns office is?  Never been to alicante before and have two different messages one in the airport and one in portacabins.  Any directions and tips appreciatated - flying from UK late at night.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2011 11:51 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

It's upstairs in the car park.

Go out of departures to the pay centre and there is a set of stairs and a lift to your left. Go to the top level and then it is at the far end of the top car park on the right.  You will see a sign for "meeting place" and there are a load of car hire dealers there, econorent, dickmanns, econhire etc.  They should have sent you a map on how to get there and this should be page 2 (or 3) of the hire agreement they e-mail to you.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2011 2:01 PM by arsenal Star rating. 75 posts Send private message

Can anyone recommend a car hire co that doesn't rip you off on fuel and insurance, (from alicante)

Like 0      
17 Mar 2011 2:28 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

I think they've been mentioned a few times but econorent doesn't charge for a tank of petrol.  Pick it up full, take it back full.  They also have fully comp insurance except for windows/tyres/undercar and keys.  Yes, I know, that doesn't make it fully comp but it's better than some who take a fortune off your credit card to cover an excess.  You can take out extra insurance which is 3 euros a day but, and here's the good bit, they have a maximum per rental depending on the size of car.  A group B and below is 20 euros for the whole rental period which I thought was pretty good last time as I rented for 6 weeks.  The same with child seats which are 2 euros a day up to maximum of 10 euros per rental.  Jan/Feb and I paid £311 for 6 weeks rental (Opel Corsa) which included the extra insurance.  Filling the car up from virtually empty was 35 euros which compares better than the 60 to 70 euros some companies charge.  I've never had a problem with them and hirecarsinspain (the agents) are based in UK and are very good.  For example, when I booked my car last time (in October for a Jan rental) the cost was £420 fo the 6 weeks.  A couple of weeks before I went, they emailed me to say the price had dropped and sent me the new voucher for the lower price.  

Unfortunately, like all the rental companies, the prices go up steeply in Jul/Aug/Sep hence the reason I am driving over in the Summer.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

spain and the law - 0 posts
moving to spain - 1 posts
Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig oraibh Happy St Patricks Day - 1 posts
Insurance for phase 2 on Terrazas - 1 posts
Help Spanish banks have gone crazy!!!!!!! - 6 posts
Y net - 7 posts
do you know advantage car hire - 20 posts
diesel additive - 3 posts
old house has never had a Habitation Certifictae - 8 posts
Wii Games for Sale - 0 posts
2 DOUBLE DIVAN BEDS WITH DRAWERS REALLY COMFORTABLE - 0 posts
Private Message rules clarification required. - 2 posts
The strikes are off - 6 posts
Ploice warning Latest scam news - 5 posts
Planned airport strike 2011 in Spain - 1 posts
Scooter Hire Licences - 1 posts
How to beat a Spanish funcionario or civil servant at their own game - 6 posts
Indoor pools from Benalmadena to Cabopino - 2 posts
Car Hire in Gibraltar? - 5 posts
Dog behaviourist & Dog trainer now in Murcia/Almeria border - 1 posts
Lookie Lookie men - 10 posts
Property Management - 1 posts
holday home insurance - 2 posts
Wonderful Andalucia - 19 posts
arenal duquesa - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x