Ryanair-Granada- A Return to Sleepy Hollow...¡hasta la vista Vaquero...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Following on from the cancellation of all UK Ryanair services from Granada last year along with the daily Granada-Madrid flight, with effect from 22nd May the surviving Bologna service is pulled and from the 29th May the Milan service also terminates resulting in M.O'Ls complete abandonment of Granada.

I don't believe for one minute that he ever got the load factors he was hoping for on the Italian services; he has systematically reduced them from a daily to a once weekly service. I believe his intention was to just to make damn certain no-one else moved in to interfere with his monopoly.

I'll glad to see the back of this vaquero, he has effectively stripped the guts out of the market here by keeping the opposition out.

A very good airport will be reduced to just 4 return flights a day to Madrid, 3 to Barcelona and one to Palma Mallorca.

Bloody typical given that as a result of the arrival of many Brits in the area since 2006, many of whom relied upon the lo-co's, the airport doubled the car parking availabilty.

I would like to think that following his departure, maybe Easyjet or Flybe would consider Granada as a viable destination; cant see it happening though. I don't agree with the business ethics of Ryan or Easyjet but Flybe covering Manchester to Southampton to Granada could be a 'good little earner' if flown maybe three times a week. It would be of great benefit to us 'Inlanders' and in covering both Manchester and Southampton would provide a a good link for folks in the Northwest and a viable alternative for people living south of the Thames instead of Gatwick and Malaga.

Despite the new facilities at Malaga it  is still a cattle-market just as Gatwick has been since the mid eighties... at the moment for eleven months of the year we have Southampton to Malaga which goes someway towards our ideal but it still involves driving that god-awful stretch from Malaga Airport to the point at which the A45 swings inland.

We can but dream I suppose.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Looking for comfortable, convenient rental for the summer - 1 posts
New Spanish TV channels - 0 posts
Reducing Road Deaths - 6 posts
Car Tourism is Over? - 0 posts
Carshare to Alicante and Murcia - 1 posts
Horizontal Law - Voting when you own multiple properties - 16 posts
It’s official. There are 12,697 illegal properties in the Almanzora Valley - 23 posts
DOUBLE BED FRAME AND MATTRESS FOR SALE - 0 posts
Single Bed For Sale - 1 posts
Golf club rental near Vall del Este - 0 posts
This is amazing - 3 posts
Manure - 0 posts
Best Way to Ship A Camera USA to Spain ? - 2 posts
Re-sale but no Habitaion Licence ! - 10 posts
Do you, or would you, buy any Spain magazines? Feedback please! - 19 posts
sports funding taking a hit - 1 posts
Brand new mountain bike for sale - 2 posts
Spanish Choir Wanted to Join in Almeria - 0 posts
Is this real? - 11 posts
Middle Brow Lifestyle (on the Sol) - 13 posts
water charges - 0 posts
Petrol Prices! - 6 posts
Free Seminar on Health, Work & Pensions for Expats by the British Consulate Malaga - 0 posts
vista hermosa - 0 posts
The Weather! Has the Cat got your Tongues? - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x