Best Way to Ship A Camera USA to Spain ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by dotfur Star rating in New York, westcheste.... 12 posts Send private message

Friend wants to send me a small Point & shoot camera from USA to Spain. Last time this friend sent me a slightly larger DSLR Camera body, we had a nightmare with UPS: costing $300.00 in all kinds of taxes and this and that. Plus, even after we paid, 2 weeks of screw ups on the part of UPS. Any ideas?

Marty

Like 0      
10 Mar 2011 6:33 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Normal US Postal service is just as good and will come with the normal post, no couriers! I have given up using coureirs on overseas items as they will always hold back duty/ tax and charges, even when none is payable!! Can they not send it as a gift to the UK frst and then someone send it to you in Spain? 

Mark

Like 0      
10 Mar 2011 6:54 PM by dotfur Star rating in New York, westcheste.... 12 posts Send private message

Yes, I could have them send it to france or some other place. But I can't get any real information anywhere on the web as to how this really works? Very sad state of affairs that something so important has no real information posted anywhere. Official postings are written in a useless language, advice forums are outdated or full of unreliable misinformation. At first I thought, just send it United States Postal and say it's a gift and state the value as very low. If it's a used camera and was pretty cheap to begin with ($200.00) say its' value is $20.00 AND it's a gift. But if you say it's a camera , does that already raise eyebrows? "Wait a minute: a camera? Who sends a camera as a gift? Used camera? We'll see about that."  Better to say it's a toy. But then you have lied on the form - etc: subject to SWAT teams and years of prison. Very sad state of affairs.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Re-sale but no Habitaion Licence ! - 10 posts
Do you, or would you, buy any Spain magazines? Feedback please! - 19 posts
sports funding taking a hit - 1 posts
Brand new mountain bike for sale - 2 posts
Spanish Choir Wanted to Join in Almeria - 0 posts
Is this real? - 11 posts
Middle Brow Lifestyle (on the Sol) - 13 posts
water charges - 0 posts
Petrol Prices! - 6 posts
Free Seminar on Health, Work & Pensions for Expats by the British Consulate Malaga - 0 posts
vista hermosa - 0 posts
The Weather! Has the Cat got your Tongues? - 12 posts
Property Rentals: I have a Cunning Plan - 5 posts
Baltic States: Flights - 8 posts
Teleast Digital - 12 posts
Moving to Spain with canaries - 1 posts
Not all Doom and Gloom - 6 posts
Food Poisoning - 12 posts
fiat brava for sale - 4 posts
Pancake day! - 4 posts
How to become non-resident in Spain - 3 posts
Wanted Urgent! Mijas Costa - Costa del Sol (beds, oven, washing machine.... etc) - 0 posts
Beware dealing with Lawyer who has Power of Attorney - 0 posts
Cement for sale €1.50 per bag - 1 posts
Model aircraft clubs - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x