Terrace furniture

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Feb 2011 12:00 AM by mumsy Star rating in Staffordshire. 21 posts Send private message

Hi, I am new to this forum, and indeed quite new to Spain!  We are now the proud owners of an apartment in Playa Flamenca, and were very fortunate to be able to buy a property with most things being left by the vendors. However, we need to buy a patio set.

Can anyone please  give me some ideas as to where to go for this type of purchase in the Costa Blanca area.

Many thanks.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2011 10:13 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Hi.

Carrefour at Torrevieja usually have a good selection. We bought ours from Garcia's, which is 100mtrs further along the same road, going towards Quesada/Crevillente - very pleased with them and very highly recommended.

BTW, whereabouts in Staffs are you?

Cheers

Steve.

Steve.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2011 12:14 PM by mumsy Star rating in Staffordshire. 21 posts Send private message

Hi Steve, Thanks for that.. We did look in Carrefour at Torrevieja a while ago, but didn't see anything that took our eye....Maybe the new stuff is coming in now, and we can look again when we are over in April. I will  also look for the other place you have mentioned.

I am from Cannock in Staffordshire, if you know that?

Jayne

Like 0      
22 Feb 2011 1:17 PM by Villagolf Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi, you could also try Brico House at La Zenia (the little shopping centre called Los Dolses with Petsworld, Lidl and Mercadona).  They sell a selection of tables, chairs, sunbeds, bbq's etc.  Not sure how much they have in at the moment, but they certainly have a good range at reasonable prices. Also, I bought a pretty metal patio set at the furniture shop, Mundo Meubles on the N332 at Punta Prima - they delivered it too!!!

Hope this helps!

Like 0      
22 Feb 2011 2:33 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

There are so many places, depending what kind of quality you want. We bought what I call 'terrace furniture' which consists of a 2 seater sofa, two armchairs all with big chunky cushions & a coffee table from the electrical shop called RedDer of all places next to The Lounge Bar. Someone suggested we go there but we'd never have gone there without someone telling us about it. They said they sell electric chairs in the shop & that company also sell these suites & that's why they have them.

Your subject says 'terrace furniture' & you talk about wanting a 'patio set' in your post. For either you should look in Procomobel alongside the N332 where the roadworks are by the turn onto the CV895 (lemon tree road) to Los Montesinos. They don't have a siesta by the way. They have a good selection of both types of furniture. Go on a Tuesday or a Saturday & there's a market (behind Iron Art where the furniture's sold.)

There's the huge shop just off the Crevillente road at El Limonar urb that used to be called NG Muebles & I now has a sign with Italian something written on it. They have loads of patio sets & terrace furniture. As you drive from Quesada to Torrevieja you can see it on the right before seeing Carrefour (that's on the left).

What are you after exactly?

At  El Limonar there's a warehouse looking place with lots of patio sets in. In Quesada the shop next to Gama sell patio sets at good prices. There's a shop called JYSK at the Eroski complex, Punta Prima that sells both, though their terrace furniture isn't as good as I'd want. http://www.jysk.es/publicidad-actual/folleto.html shows you their offer brochure.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 22/02/2011.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2011 4:46 PM by mumsy Star rating in Staffordshire. 21 posts Send private message

Hi again,

Thank you for your replies. Very helpful, (except I am clueless on some of the locations!) However, the map will be out soon to help. We are after a wooden or iorn table and 6 chairs for outdoor dining. I have plenty of locations to check thanks to your replies, and look forward to spending more money!

Jayne

Like 0      
22 Feb 2011 8:32 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

If you know where the Brico Salinas store is opposite the ITV centre on the Orihuela to Guardamar road at San Bartolome near to the Vega Baja hospital they have a great selectuon

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2011 8:56 PM by comadreja Star rating in the Sierra de Cadiz. 51 posts Send private message

comadreja´s avatar

A lot of places - like Leroy Merlin and Carrefour - don't start displaying their outdoor furniture till after Easter.  If you can bear to hang on a bit, you might find there is more choice.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2011 2:57 PM by susan26 Star rating in canada. 1 posts Send private message

Easy Tips:
Before you buy mahogany furniture
Mahogany furniture has a warm and rich. Read about the mahogany furniture and what to look for when shopping.
Before buying oak furniture
Oak is one of the most popular woods used in furniture manufacturing. Read what you need to know before buying.
Before you buy walnut furniture
Walnut is a wood and walnut furniture are classic. Read about the pros and cons of walnut furniture before buying.
Before buying pine furniture
People have been making pine furniture for years. Read about the pine and get advice about selecting a good piece of pine furniture.
A piece of furniture - so many uses
A comfortable, large or small, can serve many purposes in almost any room in the house. This versatile, functional and decorative piece of furniture is a "must-have" in my book. Why only one? Read how a piece of furniture is essential in today's homes.
Meet the challenges of a closet storage
An armoire is a tall cabinet, usually with drawers, shelves and doors, used for storing clothes or household items. Because of its versatility, a closet is a great piece of furniture for any room in your home. Finding ways to use a closet throughout your home.

Like 0      
05 Oct 2011 2:40 PM by paul dfs Star rating in Murcia. 32 posts Send private message

DFS San Javier have just recieved a list of manufacturer clearance garden furniture, loads of different models at good prices. Worth a look.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2014 4:19 PM by sandrahamnett Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Against forum rules ** Advertising**

Like 0      
13 Feb 2014 11:13 PM by connas007 Star rating. 43 posts Send private message

hi

leroy merlinin Zenia Boulavard good selection and best prices we found

Like 0      
14 Feb 2014 5:40 PM by sandrahamnett Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Siesta group us on the Montesinos road it has a great choice if garden furniture and sofas there phone number is 966 726881

Like 0      
14 Feb 2014 7:31 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Why are people giving suggestions for a question asked in 2011?

I am sure that whoever posted the question will have bought their garden furniture sometime in the last 3 years.....

Like 0      
17 Feb 2014 10:48 PM by KERRYB Star rating in Wales & Murcia. 113 posts Send private message

Jarvi I accept your comment however whilst the original poster in 2011 may have purchased their garden furniture by now as we only purchased our house last year we havent as yet so the advice is useful for us.

regards

Like 0      
18 Feb 2014 8:11 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Jarvi   Why are people giving suggestions for a question asked in 2011?

Because someone posted an advert (which was edited out) on the 13th Feb on the 'dead' thread.

Kerry     ........... whilst the original poster in 2011 may have purchased their garden furniture by now as we only purchased our house last year we haven’t as yet so the advice is useful for us.

Those people would be better off starting a new thread, asking for advice for a particular area,  so that they get 'new' up-to-date info which is relevant to their needs,  and not be told where ther can get a bargain,  at 'the other end of the country.' 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Rental in caniles with cats - 2 posts
Hi all - 5 posts
Directions to Ardales - 1 posts
Pet Insurance? - 11 posts
Overseas Keys San Javier - 16 posts
Internet Providers - 0 posts
Air con units - 1 posts
Daily Mail Scaremongering? - 49 posts
Cementfor sale €1.50 per bag - 0 posts
Honest solicitor - 0 posts
moving - 0 posts
Community: BANK ACCOUNT - 6 posts
Not having the best holiday - 27 posts
WANTED - Long Term Let - La Nucia / Polop / Alfaz del Pi - 2 posts
Hotel/Motel outside Madrid - 2 posts
We want to buy a satellite dish - 0 posts
Healthcare Experience - 4 posts
Am I liable to pay taxes - 0 posts
Legal taxi transfers based at Villa Martin - 4 posts
Zero excess on car rentals - 0 posts
Breach Of Contract-Asking For A Discount? - 10 posts
taxman trying it on... - 5 posts
Making A Compliant Against Court/Judge - 5 posts
VISA Electron - 17 posts
N & P Woes - 20 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x