best area to rent

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 May 2007 12:00 AM by nickid Star rating in west midlands brough.... 74 posts Send private message

sorry if this as been asked before. We have booked an inspection trip with masa international. We originally were going to buy in almeria (Vera area) however different people have said rental will not be great in the winter and it basically shuts down and is difficult to get to. We have been advised to look further rup the coast Murcia/Costa Blanca South region. However looking on a well known holiday owners rental sight a lot of properties in the Costa Blanca South region have lots of availability so would we be able to rent ours out. Very confused about where to look and even if we are looking in the right area. Any advice would be appriciated. thank you

Like 0      
16 May 2007 11:24 PM by loolo Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Why don´t you come and look in north costa blanca, Moraira, or Javea are very good rental areas.  No high rise, and very few hotels.  I am doing very well renting my own property out. 

Like 0      
17 May 2007 10:52 AM by rosi n Star rating in Cornwall / axarquia. 119 posts Send private message

We have looked around many areas for the best place to rent and the Mar Menor area is almost closed down in winter, as you say Vera area is also very quiet in winter , if you buy in a real Town ( not summer holiday Town) , near the beach that gives you the best chance to rent, the big problem as we see it there is very much rentals in some parts as its overbuilt ,and some of the rental prices are to high for whats on offer,  the area we are winter rentals are between 550--- 700 eurs per month and many are still empty ( 2 bed including elec/water ) , many of the agents will tell you that renting is no problem but in practice its hard going you have to find the right position in the right area and that is hard going from the uk, we have friends on the CDS that used to rent nearly the whole winter but now they hardly get any bookings in winter thats how much the market has changed over the last few years, we wish you the best of luck trying to find the best area.   Regards Rosi n

Like 0      
18 May 2007 1:02 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Nickid,

If you have booked an inspection trip with MASA then you should gather as much info from here before you go as they will probably try to sell you what they want rather than what you would like.

Rentals is a very fickle market,you have to have a draw for all the months of the year to stand any chance of achieving a decent income,then it is not guaranteed.

Golf and beach are the main pull,golf for the winter and beach for the summer,but even then this will not guarantee anything,anyone that guarantees you rental is lying.

What you need to do is firstly look for resale property that has a proven rental income year on year,ask them how many weeks they are booked up this year and what the revenue was last year,ask if they have a website if they are doing this properly they will do and often include this in the sale.

You will get to know the area on an inspection trip with masa but from the inside of a car!you will be shown all new build "that will rent easily"(how do they know),the proof is in the pudding as they say.

Before you become the next casualty to join the list on here of being mis sold make enquiries and please use someone who knows what they are talking about to save tears at a later date.

If you need an example property and my opinion then pm me,if not then happy hunting and all the best with MASA.

By the way when you are in the car ask them about Camposol or "Camp Arsole" as its now called the development MASA sold that is falling down,Illegal etc..etc.....

Hope this helps

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
19 May 2007 2:25 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Nicked

My opinion is Costa Blanca south of Torreveija will not be easy to rent out in the winter months.

Summer, no prob................

You could go for long term rental, but advise only to go for an 11 month contract, as longer has many legal inplications, so check this out.

This is a good area to "buy to rent".

Neighbours of mine have rented out for almost all of 2007, enabling them to take their child to Disneyland UK, not having to worry about the cost of keeping their apartment running. The rentals have paid for this.

Plus I suspect, the rentals have also paid for their trip to the US

Not bad eh?!

Good luck!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
19 May 2007 9:40 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Fibby,

Good points,the area you are talking about has a good rental revenue and is popular with the holiday market.

Have i been away from the UK too long.

Where is Disneyland UK????

all the best 

georgia

Like 0      
20 May 2007 12:25 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Georgia, I think Disney UK is in typo land, since Fibby then mentions the trip to the US.

Sorry to be a miserable old cynic, but the only advice on renting I can give (and this is based on personal experience of owning and running an accomodation business on the CDS) is unless you absolutely have to rent your property - DON'T.

Long term, short term, holiday makers or residents, Spanish or non-Spanish, I've been there, done that, and almost went to an early grave in the T-shirt! If you are depending on rental income to finance your purchase, I would think long and hard about the viability of such an investment. Renting can be right royal pain in the "culo". Just my humble opinion.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
21 May 2007 12:42 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Actually Geogia and anyoe else whp picked up this faux pas (intended of course!")

Disneyland UK, is in my back garden in sunny Surrey!!!!

Yeah!

At least that's what it's like most weekends when the Grandchildren visit!

We have a grand zoo:

Ants. woodlouse, spiders, slugs, snails puppy dogs tails, all sorts!

Of course, if it don't work out in the back garden, we hop on the Eurostar to Disneyland Paris, not far, just a few stops up the line!

Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, blonde again!

WHEN will this stop?

When I change my hair dye????

Regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
21 May 2007 2:25 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

And just to confirm what I said about rentals, Fibby also had this to say (although she put it in another thread - it was relevant there too, so no complaints!)

"We bought our place knowing that we could afford the mortgage.........but anyone that goes into the buying process in the hope that rentals will pay their monthly outlay, have to be mad!"

and

"Seriously though, if you are looking to buy and rent to cover your costs, dont' , it will end in heartache!"

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi - 4 posts
Mr Wippy Ice Cream - 29 posts
Date for License for Construction Phase 4 - 0 posts
Date for License for Construction Phase 4 - 0 posts
costa blanca south or almeria - 6 posts
HI - 8 posts
Discount card club - Costa Blanca - 3 posts
Cocker Spaniel puppy wants a home - 4 posts
whats the latest - 3 posts
liza - 6 posts
Hacienda Riquelme Phase 1 - 5 posts
Golf Course Design Services - 0 posts
Hola EOS - 2 posts
just joined from karen and keith hola! - 3 posts
Been away, love new look! - 5 posts
A quick word to all new members who may seem lost in EOS - 0 posts
almanzora country club - 19 posts
english mortgage or spanish - 5 posts
From Pauline & Steve - 0 posts
U.K.benefits in Spain. - 2 posts
just joined! - 3 posts
Buenos dias from Manilva - 0 posts
Rental Management - 5 posts
Wills - 2 posts
Building and contents insurance - 23 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x