Residencia renewals

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Feb 2011 12:00 AM by Benicarlo Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

My residencia card expires in April and not wanting to go to a gestoria and pay their fees I would be grateful if anyone has any advice. I have tried to phone the office for foreigners in Castellon and it is constantly engaged. Any web links for the forms would also be apprciated

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 7:27 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

You have to go to the foreigner's office in person, with your expiring card, padrón cert., passport, escritura, mug-shots, blood & urine samples, and anything else you can think of, in triplicate, and get there no later than 6am to join the queue (take a flask of hot tea) and complete form EX-16 (download it here). You will also have to fill out form 709 (?) which isn't available for download because it's carbonated (carbon copies, not fizzy) and go to the bank to pay 10 euros or so tax.

In return for all this, they will cut up your nice plastic ID card and give you a useless green sheet of paper stating you are a resident EU citizen, which you will have to carry with your passport for ever more.

More details here

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 9:16 PM by elcantal Star rating in Mojacar. 24 posts Send private message

roberto,

and to rub salt into the wound, the very helpful gentleman who kindly took away our residencia cards (no names mentioned), is being tipped to take over from Snr Zapatero as leader of the PSOE !

He was of course amply assisted by a group of 'expats' down Marbella way who campaigned long and hard against ID cards because 'we don't do things like that in England'.

Well, thanks a lot 'expats' because as you say we now have to carry around a useless piece of paper (not recognised as proof of identity) plus our passports.

By the way, am I alone in hating the word 'expat'.Only English people seem to use it. Everybody else is an immigrant. Personally, I consider myself to be an immigrant and refute the term 'expat'. I have also sold my Pith Helmet at a local Rastro.

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 10:29 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

'we don't do things like that in England' - yes, well that's our problem, isn't it? If we were from, say, Germany, it would be a non-issue, because we already have valid ID cards issued by our native land. I can see why Spain would say "not our problem"

If you leave a country, you are an emigrant. If you arrive in another country you are an immigrant. Never really thought about the term expat; can't say it bothers me, but now that you mention it, it does rather sound like you are a former patriot - almost a traitor in fact! Or is like excommunicated? You have been rejected by your compatriots?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 11:04 PM by elcantal Star rating in Mojacar. 24 posts Send private message

Roberto, I don't believe for one minute that you've never given consideration to the term 'expat'; it is used constantly on EOS and other sites as you well know. Mendacity does you no favours.

You may also look to the meaning and spelling of 'expat'. Try 'expatriate' not 'expatriot'

I think an apology is called for; or is that perhaps beneath you?

As for me; born, bred, educated in England; even white would you believe.

I'm still an immigrant in Spain and I don't consider it to be a dirty word.

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 11:49 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

WTF??????

And vitriol does you no favours. You want an apology for exchanging a bit of idle banter? You don't consider "immigrant" to be a dirty word, but you do consider "expat" to be so? And what the hell has your ethnicity, education and place of birth got to do with anything?

Weird.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
04 Feb 2011 12:19 AM by elcantal Star rating in Mojacar. 24 posts Send private message

Roberto

You are certainly adept at not answering the point made. Should have gone into politics.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2011 12:30 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

On the contrary, the OP asked a question to which I responded with the required information.

What are you doing here? You've been here 5 minutes and seem intent on picking a fight.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
04 Feb 2011 8:22 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Roberto just to depress you a little. Here we go to the 'foreigners office ' ( Nice new building in the Huerta de la Rueda , where the thursday market is held. They got fed up with the queues in the police station in town !  )  with old tarjeta & a copy of padron issued within the last 90 days. Take a ticket & when you are called the staff member fills in the form for you to take to the bank to pay. This is the hardest part as it's at least  1km walk back to town to the nearest bank ! On your return , take a ticket & on being called , present paid -up form, padron & old card & 5 minutes later leave with new green residencia form & copy of application. 2 hours tops, including a coffee break ! They process hundreds every day.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2011 4:30 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Exactly the same process here. I imagine Benicarlo (OP) will find the same wherever he/she is.

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

"Corvera Airport" any news?? - 3 posts
management agency problem help please - 8 posts
car hire - 14 posts
NIE MADE EASY - 7 posts
And they claim men can't multitask! ;-) - 3 posts
Bratley & Sharp Associates - Spanish litigation experts? - 14 posts
Looking for short/long term rental costa del sol from May 2011 - 12 posts
Handing back your property - 13 posts
Unprofessional Property Rental Agents – A Generalisation - 8 posts
Murcia Bank - 2 posts
Long Term Rental Mijas Costa - 3 posts
can we get english channels via sky or freeview for one off fee and no monthly fees?? - 3 posts
euibor - 5 posts
texting from spain to uk - 5 posts
Getting a few bits back from Arriate - 0 posts
Rental - 0 posts
English vehicles - 46 posts
Hi from a new member - and we need to get a few possessions back from Arriate - 3 posts
want to visit the costa Calida - 0 posts
Property rental/management agent - Benalmadena-Arroyo de la Miel - 1 posts
Trying to speak to San miguel schools - 19 posts
Selling without an agent - 5 posts
Think you can do better! - 8 posts
Places to stop Northern Spain - 1 posts
Grandkids! Funny aren't they? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x