Think you can do better!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Jan 2011 12:00 AM by Angar Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

4,7 million 'official' unemployed (I reckon the figure is greater). My feelings about JLR Zapatero I cannot print! Anyone who doesn't realise getting people back to work is the only way to improve ones individual and collectively the economy of the country, ie. via taxes. The 64 trillion (because thousand doesnt mean much anymore) dollar question is

How are we going to create the jobs?

Any input would be gratefully appreciated, no rants please!

Like 0      
31 Jan 2011 10:23 PM by peteha Star rating. 110 posts Send private message

Spain has to come out of the Euro.

If Spain was trading alone the value would be 180--- 190 euros to the`pound

Tourism and property would receive a massive boost at these levels.

They also need to scrap the employment laws that make it impossible to employ

staff on full time contracts without penalising employers

Look at Cairo this could be Madrid in the next year

Like 0      
01 Feb 2011 10:07 AM by Laird Dave of Lochaber Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 180 posts Send private message

Hi Peteha

If Spain came out of the euro, how could there be 180-190euros to the pound? They would be back to pesetas which were worth next to nothing. There would not be any European money coming into Spain which pays for the building of the infrastructure that Spain currently has or is building. The Spanish farmers wouldnt benefit from the common agricultural policy which allows them to plant orchards and allow them to grow crops and fruit that will be left to rot. Just my opinion of course.

Cheers

Dave

Like 0      
01 Feb 2011 1:21 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Dave,

They would be back to pesetas which were worth next to nothing.

That's the whole point of a country leaving the euro.  Spain's new currency would be massively devalued, which would make Spain's exports cheap and would make it a more attractive place for holiday makers because of the devalued currency.  This in turn would lead to more jobs in Spain.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
01 Feb 2011 1:28 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Angar,  not really sure how Spain is going to create jobs but there has been a lot of talk in Spain recently about Germany wanting to tempt Spaniards to Germany to fill some of the estimated 500k-800k professional jobs that need to be filled.   I think the Spanish and German governments have signed some kind of agreements regarding this as well.

There's an article in el Mundo about it here.

I guess that's one way to get the unemployment rate down - encourage Spaniards to leave their country.

With salaries of up to 4000 euros a month in Germany (according to the article), I'm quite tempted to go to Germany myself...

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
01 Feb 2011 1:37 PM by Angar Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

I think the euro is here to stay and agree with the point regarding employment law even though the govt. are tinkering with it and dont seem to know what theyre doing. The key must be to secure overseas investment? To give tax breaks and incentives to foreign businesses to setup and establish themselves here (big companies and smaller companies). Spanish products need to be more competetive in the marketplace and that basicallly means to reduce prices, for everything! To make perhaps a comparison on population levels at least, India and China have booming economies and are attracting a lot of investment from banks and the like. If you ring a callcentre, you may be speaking with someone located in India! Perhaps we can learn something from this? Everyone in government and europe are talking about 2012 or 2013 or 2014, what about those without jobs now, how are we going to create or start to create the jobs now? Of course things will change in time, thats easy to say but in the case of employment which has to be the key, we need to act now and things can start to get back on track. Jobs jobs and more jobs, any ideas?

Like 0      
01 Feb 2011 1:43 PM by Angar Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Sanchez1 has got a good point. Germany too has good infrastructure and economically at this moment is doing the best out of Europe. My point is they seem to be doing it right are attracting investment and creating jobs, so much that they are able to offer outside their own country which is great. Why cant Spain do the same thing with regard to attracting investment?

Like 0      
01 Feb 2011 1:49 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Angar,

Germany too has good infrastructure and economically at this moment is doing the best out of Europe. My point is they seem to be doing it right are attracting investment and creating jobs, so much that they are able to offer outside their own country which is great. Why cant Spain do the same thing with regard to attracting investment?

I read recently that Spain's productivity is only 63% of that of Germany.  I think that's why Germany is doing well and Spain is a basket case.

Like 0      
01 Feb 2011 2:12 PM by Angar Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Perhaps in taking employment outside the country out of necessity can improve their own personal circumstances but it might not contribute too much to the well being of the country apart from reducing the number and the burden of the unemployed. ie. they will probably be resident outside of spain and therefore be liable to pay their taxes to Germany for example therefore not contributing to the treasury of Spain.  I love Spain and want to be a part of the solution. ¡Viva España!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Places to stop Northern Spain - 1 posts
Grandkids! Funny aren't they? - 0 posts
Restaurante Kampai - 0 posts
Best website to advertise your property on - 4 posts
Insurance and changing to spanish plates? - 17 posts
having friend in spain.. - 0 posts
Sunday Times/SanSebastian - 0 posts
Looking for work - 5 posts
moveing to spain - 15 posts
Banks and Bank Guarantees...Is this another step in the right direction. - 13 posts
Spanish Lawyers Professional Indemnity Insurance - 45 posts
Which supermarkets sell bread flour? - 5 posts
Ladies Hockey on Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Man with a van Altea area - 0 posts
Spanish Lawyers Professional Indemnity Insurance. - 0 posts
Trouble with room safe - 1 posts
Certificate of habitation for a finca needing total restoration - query - 6 posts
Baking on order - 1 posts
Pigeons...... - 6 posts
New "Search" Bar - 2 posts
President & Committee Guidelines - 1 posts
Directions from Alicante Airport to Vera Playa - 1 posts
WiFi in Spain - 0 posts
Excellent Spanish Lawyer - 2 posts
new resident in velez malaga - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x