management agency problem help please

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Feb 2011 12:00 AM by merrilee Star rating in Estapona/Yorkshire. 6 posts Send private message

Hope someone can help me . My management agent is holding my keys because i am refusing to pay an outstanding bill, as I do not agree I owe him anything- is this legal or can I demand my keys back?

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 7:11 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

What is a management agency? Rental agency?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 9:50 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Why not just change the locks? 

I would think that this would be a good idea anyway, if you have issues with the agent and are going to change them.  You don't know how many copies are out there!

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 11:01 AM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

There most be a reason why they think you owe them money. You should attempt to find out what it is

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 12:16 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

a property management company?

Of course they cannot retain your keys. Whatever the dispute is,, he cannot deprive you for entering your property. That is tecnically a " crime".

In practical terms I would just change the lock and.... the management company too :)

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 1:06 PM by merrilee Star rating in Estapona/Yorkshire. 6 posts Send private message

Thanks for this information.  The problem is he has all the keys for the property , he had new ones cut because he said some had gone missing. so I'm not sure how we can get in to change locks? Do I need a lawyer to act on my behalf?

I understand that other owners are having similar problems, and theletting agency has suggested they will get a  debt recovery agency involved- anybody had similar experiences?

I am very new to letting my property so I find this site most helpful- thanks.

This message was last edited by merrilee on 03/02/2011.

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 1:14 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Surely the must be monies owing otherwise they would not take this stance there seems to be more here than you are telling us.

You should pay a visit to the local police station

This message was last edited by fpegman on 03/02/2011.

Fred

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 1:37 PM by merrilee Star rating in Estapona/Yorkshire. 6 posts Send private message

He holds rent collected from the tenants - holiday lets- and is saying that I owe him more than the income, for his services, cleaning and keyholding. He has not provided me with any   proof of purchases ,eg light bulbs etc, so I will not pay the extras. He does hold a considerable  amount of  income - (over2000 eur) which I argue he should have paid to me over the year.

This message was last edited by merrilee on 03/02/2011.

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 1:55 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

As I said before I would get the local Police involved to get the keys bach then ask him to provide proof of expenses he has incurred, it does seem that he is charging you a lot of money to manage the property most agents would have charged 10 to 20% of rental but should have paid you the balance, check you agency agreement.

Fred

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

car hire - 14 posts
NIE MADE EASY - 7 posts
And they claim men can't multitask! ;-) - 3 posts
Bratley & Sharp Associates - Spanish litigation experts? - 14 posts
Looking for short/long term rental costa del sol from May 2011 - 12 posts
Handing back your property - 13 posts
Unprofessional Property Rental Agents – A Generalisation - 8 posts
Murcia Bank - 2 posts
Long Term Rental Mijas Costa - 3 posts
can we get english channels via sky or freeview for one off fee and no monthly fees?? - 3 posts
euibor - 5 posts
texting from spain to uk - 5 posts
Getting a few bits back from Arriate - 0 posts
Rental - 0 posts
English vehicles - 46 posts
Hi from a new member - and we need to get a few possessions back from Arriate - 3 posts
want to visit the costa Calida - 0 posts
Property rental/management agent - Benalmadena-Arroyo de la Miel - 1 posts
Trying to speak to San miguel schools - 19 posts
Selling without an agent - 5 posts
Think you can do better! - 8 posts
Places to stop Northern Spain - 1 posts
Grandkids! Funny aren't they? - 0 posts
Restaurante Kampai - 0 posts
Best website to advertise your property on - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x