Bratley & Sharp Associates - Spanish litigation experts?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Feb 2011 12:00 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I am receiving reports of this outfit supposedly based in Marbella claiming to be Spanish litigation experts sending unsolicited letters and phonecalls to victims of holiday club or timeshare schemes.

Modus operandi is usually asking for a payment of EUR250 plus IVA to present claim and then 10% of any monies recovered if successful.

I certainly don't know this firm and I don't believe they are a frim of registered lawyers. http://www.bratleyandsharp.com/

Sound like other similar firms we have reported/investigated in the past but comments appreciated. No doubt there will be many searching forums for info/background on this outfit so let's do our job!

Extract from unsolicited letter

Our lawyers and advisers handle the entire process involved in recovering monies for clients against European based defendants guilty of crimes such as fraud, mis-representation and breach of contract.

Our team of lawyers and consultants have accumulated a vast amount of experience in these cases, allowing us to be one of the leading consultancies in consumer advocacy in regard to cases where timeshare, holiday packs or fraudulent Resale Companies are concerned.

Other companies capitalising on the success of our actions imitated our methods but we are aware that in the cases studied its sole purpose is altruism. Relying on Bratley & Sharp Associates gives you the reassurance of over 5000 files examined and more than 1630 companies paying out to our satisfied customers.

Like 0      
02 Feb 2011 5:13 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

I wonder who the actual lawyers are.  Would be interesting to see if they are registered lawyers or not.

Joan

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 12:15 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I doubt they have any lawyers as none are detailed on their website.

More than likely if the really do any legal work they sub it out?

People are asked to deposit money into an account in Fuengrola in the name of

ANN MAUREEN BRATLEY

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 12:47 PM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

Sounds a bit like these guys, at least from the modus operandi. Could not be sure, though. http://www.eyeonspain.com/community-forum/21979/sunset-estates.aspx

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 12:51 PM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

Not sure why the link did not come out properly, sorry. But I just saw that Faro posted in a related thread re European Advisory Service on the 16. Nov. 2010.

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 1:17 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

For some reason I am always being asked to comment of these type of  firms and to confirm their registration with the Colegio de abogados de Malaga.

I think it's the old case of once bitten twice shy but desperately wanting to believe there is someone out there who will assist.

I am afraid there are many of these firms up and down the coast calling victims of previous scams and offering to help for a small fee.

Although this is eyeonspain - it could equally be called ear to the ground!

Like 0      
03 Feb 2011 2:36 PM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

You are absolutely right.Who can one trust after the people you trusted betrayed you and the next line of betrayer is popping up like a new row of teeth in a sharks mouth? Wear those requests for comments as a badge of honor.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2011 3:17 PM by aart Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi, I have a phone call from a Victoria Preston on Friday night from Bratley and Sharp saying they wanted to act on my behalf to register a claim against DWVC, yes I did pay them a couple of years ago to take a Vegas timeshare off my hands ! (hindsight mmmm). I received an email requesting $398.05 euros to register the claim. She said the hearing would be at the end of this month.

After reading stuff on the web and not finding much detail on Bratley and Sharp I'm very wary this is another scam. She's phoning back on Monday, I'll post what she says.

Any comments or info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Like 0      
06 Feb 2011 3:35 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Aart  have you confirmation that DWVC  are in court at the end of the month, or is it just Bratley and Sharp telling you this?

Pat 

This message was last edited by Pat and Roy on 06/02/2011.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2011 5:14 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Queries are also starting to appear on other forums also

http://belegal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2304

Also a Sally Price is making unsolicited calls re Timelinx saying the owner was killed in an accident and they have now discovered all membership monies invested in high interest bank accounts just waiting to be claimed back plus interest ...... all for a fee of EUR250 + IVA + 10% of any amount recovered.

Names also sound strange. SALLY PRICE & VICTORIA PRESTON - made up names?

Anyone in Marbella want to investiage and report back?

Like 0      
06 Feb 2011 7:52 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

On a local radio station last week this was being discussed by the guy from Lawbird and that a number of what they call boiler rooms had been set up in Marbella

Call centres which setup, canvass for this type of business using established lists, and then disappear, using something called the Robinson list

Also there is some new legislation about to hit that will close these operations which mainly target disgruntled time share customersand they suggested any approach should be reported to the authorities

Like 0      
07 Feb 2011 9:55 AM by aart Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi Pat and Roy, no I've not had any form of communication except the cold call from Bratley and Sharp. Beginning to sound very dodgy isn't it.

Oh by the way I've a Reclaim certificate that DWVC sold me for my timeshare. Is Reclaim still functioning does anyone know ?

Aart

This message was last edited by aart on 07/02/2011.

Like 0      
08 Feb 2011 9:02 PM by aart Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi everyone

Tuesday night and I've had no phone call from Bratley & Sharp. I think this may be a scam like some of the others.

If I have any contact I'll leave a note.

Like 0      
08 Feb 2011 10:05 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Aart, I expect you are on a list somewhere that is why they are cold calling you. Did you pay them by Credit card as you might be able to claw the money back?

Pat

Like 0      
09 Feb 2011 7:40 PM by aart Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

hi Pat and Roy

No, paid them by cheque. It was a couple of years ago now.

Well no phone call, so I guess they've moved down the list. If I hear anything more I'll post it.

Thanks

Aart

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Looking for short/long term rental costa del sol from May 2011 - 12 posts
Handing back your property - 13 posts
Unprofessional Property Rental Agents – A Generalisation - 8 posts
Murcia Bank - 2 posts
Long Term Rental Mijas Costa - 3 posts
can we get english channels via sky or freeview for one off fee and no monthly fees?? - 3 posts
euibor - 5 posts
texting from spain to uk - 5 posts
Getting a few bits back from Arriate - 0 posts
Rental - 0 posts
English vehicles - 46 posts
Hi from a new member - and we need to get a few possessions back from Arriate - 3 posts
want to visit the costa Calida - 0 posts
Property rental/management agent - Benalmadena-Arroyo de la Miel - 1 posts
Trying to speak to San miguel schools - 19 posts
Selling without an agent - 5 posts
Think you can do better! - 8 posts
Places to stop Northern Spain - 1 posts
Grandkids! Funny aren't they? - 0 posts
Restaurante Kampai - 0 posts
Best website to advertise your property on - 4 posts
Insurance and changing to spanish plates? - 17 posts
having friend in spain.. - 0 posts
Sunday Times/SanSebastian - 0 posts
Looking for work - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x