Christmas letter by Maria de Castro

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Dec 2010 12:00 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Christmas letter by Maria de Castro
23 December 2010 @ 09:58

Dear friends of EyeonSpain:

I woke up today with the idea of writing and sending a Christmas letter to you all through my blog. It is not that I could be someone special with something really new or different to tell about or to comment on, but  yes,  I consider myself someone who,  deeply believing in God and in the trascendent nature of the human being, live these days with an effort to joy and hope and with an special attention to the messages that times and people around  are sending to us for the bettering of our reality.  Trying to see what is the portion of risponsablçility I am called to play.

That´s why I missed dressing my kids up as shepherds this morning ( I left it to a devoted father who will be, of course, sending pictures to me along the morning) and came to the Law Firm for every day´s battle in your favour. I know that we are driving a mission ( every company needs to have one, and most importantly: know what this is) and this is leading the energies that my little family left to me. Thanks to Luis, my husband, these are enough and good enough. Thanks again as always Luis.

I can see how citizenship is more conscious than ever about the needs for leading changes in society and because of the times we are living in, they are now paying attention to the financial world. In order to get out of the chaos that this all could seem to the eyes of most of us, we need to make the effort to understand how finances has been focused and understood during the last decades and see that benefit was missplaced in a wrong place. I trust on the good intentions of the creators of this system at the beginning, but playing with especulative  benfits out of the value of a symbol ( money) always requires a very high grade of specialization, risponsability, prudence, balance and sobriety.

The new chapter of the History of finaces needs to be decidedly, transparently and bravely played in favour of human beings. All on the planet. First task for us to do is probably an examination on what people, persons mean to us. Second exercise is for sure of optimism, trust and courage. In the philosophical level it is important to become clearly aware of he fallacies of  the now old fashioned and fallen economic and financial systems just  focused on monetary growing.

Anyhow, it is clear that we, citizens, armed with values inherited from the best of our traditions, in the most noble sense of the world, need to lead the changes that we are expecting.  Within a frame of tolerance and respect but with firm and clear convictions need to put people over benefits for the welfare of we all.

We, human beings have a donation-al or donation made nature, it is the way we are born and brought up.:just putting this idea in the center of our education, social, cultural, politic, economic and financial understandings is simply enough.

Anyhow.... need to go back to emails and clients assistance but most truthfully and heartedly wishing to you a Merry Little Christmas!

Yours,

Maria

Picture by John Curley at Flickr.com

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 23/12/2010.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
23 Dec 2010 10:21 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Wise words Maria and they make a lot of sense.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
23 Dec 2010 10:25 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Thanks Justin! I learn from youuuuuu!

Merry Christmas to Susan and the cutest girls!

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
23 Dec 2010 11:17 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Lovely letter Maria......................thank you for posting it.

A Merry Christmas and a Peaceful New Year to all.  xxx

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
23 Dec 2010 11:20 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Maria, thank you for those thoughtful words. And thank you for fighting for consumer rights.

Sadly we have a long way to go before those of us striving for justice can say, hand on heart, that we have witnessed the qualities you so ably portrayed within your Xmas message, from those in power, those who can effect change in our societies. The self interests and lack of conscience to do what is just and fair by many, to turn a blind eye to the painful realities of unjust actions and lack of kind human spirit, leave us with a heavy heart. But we have to remain strong and focused in our mission to overcome the many hurdles that lie ahead in the new year, to support one another as best we can, and we pray that those good souls who genuinely strive to achieve a good balance of what is right and wrong in our society will eventually bear witness to your words of hope, tolerance, and conviction to " put people over benefits for the welfare of we all.

May we wish you and your family and all on EOS a happy Xmas.

This message was last edited by ads on 23/12/2010.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2010 11:27 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear ADS:

TRUST that it will be that way! No doubt! The time  the fight will take, will make it more precious!

Love,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
23 Dec 2010 11:58 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Feliz Navidad Maria to you and your family and may 2011 bring you all you wish for.

Maureen & Dennis

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
23 Dec 2010 11:59 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Thanks Leema! I wish same for you and your family!

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
23 Dec 2010 12:47 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear Maria,

thank you for those wonderful sentiments.

the fight will be too long for me but every strength to those in the battle.

such a pity we cannot rely on simple good will and everyone being "Good Samaritans"

You and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

Best Regards

Norman

Like 0      
23 Dec 2010 12:52 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Norman:

yes, you are right! Good will is not enough. We all  need to committ ourselves within our possibilities

Have a lovely Christmas!

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
23 Dec 2010 4:18 PM by sping Star rating in Stockport & Playa Go.... 148 posts Send private message

sping´s avatar

Merry Christmas Maria,

Feliz navidad y un año nuevo y maravilloso”

Thank you for all the help and advice you have given me and others on EoS.

May you and your family recive every wish you asked for...

Sping

Like 0      
23 Dec 2010 5:27 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

A wonderful Christmas message María.  Christmas greetings to you, Luis and the children.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all EOS posters, readers and contributors.

Keep the faith and let us pray that 2011 will be the year of the consumer fightback in Spain!!  The tide is slowly changing and I am sure that if we all continue the fight then one day our collective voice will be heard by the powers that be.

Kind regards

Keith

LEY 57/1968
CLICK HERE FOR THE BANK GUARANTEES IN SPAIN WEBSITE

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
23 Dec 2010 6:43 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Have a wonderful family Christmas, Maria.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2010 9:27 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Thanks Sping, Keith and Morerosado. Yes... we need to keep the fight and the united efforts

Merry Christmas! Hope the cold gives you a break there in the UK these days

Mafria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
24 Dec 2010 3:13 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Thank you Maria for the  kind   and thought inspiring words in your Christmas message.

The continuing decline in Spains economy , and particularly the decline in  health of the banks who financed the  disasterous property 'boom' will hopefully lead to   changes  in the laws that allowed  such speculation and which led to much misery.

In the meantime I wish you and your lovely family and all fellow EOS members a very merry Christmas and a healthy and happy 2011.                                 

Like 0      
26 Dec 2010 12:56 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Thanks Sandra.Let´s hope and fight for 2011 to be a better year!

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Runway heating - 6 posts
Codeur - 5 posts
Web Domains - 8 posts
Europa Network - 4 posts
Online shopping in Spain - does it work? - 11 posts
The bank will not pay Community fees it owes on apartments it owns - 9 posts
car transport / recovery - 0 posts
Indoor swimming pool - 4 posts
villa rental prices - 7 posts
What are lawyers doing to address the delays in the Justice Administration System? - 56 posts
PJ's Car Hire - 4 posts
RECOMMENDED OIL CENTRAL HEATING ENGINEERS IN LOS ALCAZARES AREA - 0 posts
Bank Charges in Spain where can I find a list? - 12 posts
Iberdrola Web Site - 4 posts
1.8 metre satalite dish wanted - 7 posts
What does our Prime Minister do ? ? - 2 posts
winter arrived~ - 2 posts
hello,friends! - 1 posts
1.8 metre satalite dish wanted - 1 posts
Freesat tv - 2 posts
We're moving to Spain! - 4 posts
Wanted Wardrobe & Chest of Drawers - 0 posts
NIE form required for long term rental? - 11 posts
Maria de Castro in the Wall Street Journal - 4 posts
Instructions on Completing NIE Form - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x