Dissolution of a Spanish Company

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Nov 2010 12:00 AM by hpbyrne Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Does anyone know of a cheaper way to dissolve a company I set up to buy a property in the Valle Romano Resort, I have been quoted nearly 4000 euro for the dissolution of the company  on top of a yearly bill for 800 euro for accountancy fees to do the tax returns by Lexland even though there has been nothing bought or sold. I feel this is a bit over the top, is there a way of closing the company personally?

If anyone can advise I would welcome their comments

Shuggy

Like 0      
25 Nov 2010 4:52 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Does the company  currently have assets ?

Is the company active in the Treasure department?

Are you the administrator/manager of the company?

If there are no assets, which is the most important thing to do, a deed of this nature can cost you at the Notary  no more than 600  euros.

From what you are telling, the dissolution of your company does not involve any further complication.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
25 Nov 2010 5:21 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Out of curiousity where you conned into the company structure because you were buying a turistico licensed property?

Most company structures cost more in set up and administration and on going annual maintenance than any possible tax advantage.

Again it's another example of lawyers fleecing the client.

I've PM'd you details of an accountant who will help you sort everything out.

Like 0      
25 Nov 2010 6:17 PM by hpbyrne Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thanks Faro and mariadecastro for your quick response,

mariadecastro

The company has no assets and me and my wife are the directors of the company, it was set up solely to buy a property which did not materialise.  I am not sure what you mean by being active in the Treasure Department but if you mean is the company fully up to date with its returns to tax the answer is yes.

The lawyers dealing with it are telling me it will cost in the region of 4000 euro so if you are saying 600 this is great can you advise where and how I would go about this.

Faro. 

I was told by i would need to set up a company if I was buying a Turistico licensed property this was about 5 years ago, the property never materialised and luckily for me I had an insurance policy.

I appreciate your help in this

Shuggy

Like 0      
25 Nov 2010 6:29 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I think the turistico licensed properties did require a company structure but it's been a couple of year since I last looked into this.

I looked at the scheme and I had many reservations at the time and advised many to avoid this developement/scheme.

But of course no one listens to me!

Like 0      
26 Nov 2010 8:17 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

hpbyrne:

Any lawyer or gestoria will be able to guide you to do that. I need to add that the fees I quoted is the standard fee for this type of deeds in the Notary office.

Of course if you choose a lawyer or gestor to help you with all the mangaments, they will be adding their own management fees to this.

We do this type of work if you want to consult on our fees, I will be pleased to do so.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

EU VS DEMOCRACY - 2 posts
Spanish car sell or swap - 2 posts
Buying US Dollars - 4 posts
Check your spare!!! - 3 posts
ITV Homes from Hell / Parador Properties - 98 posts
friends - 0 posts
Green light for Santa Maria Green Hills - 1 posts
A Demanda de Embargo - 13 posts
Gillian McKeith Song. ('I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here' 2010) - 8 posts
International cooking at Christmas - 0 posts
want spainish teacher - 1 posts
Life Insurance - any recommedations? - 6 posts
Should i see the mortgage deed before completion? - 4 posts
Furniture restorer needed - Malaga Province or south Cadiz - 4 posts
WAECO Portable Fridge/Freezer -17'C - 0 posts
English website for Hondon valley - 0 posts
Christmas Menu at Charo, Formentera del Segura - 0 posts
Mortgage Information - 8 posts
Electricity - changing over to dual rate - 5 posts
Dog Kennel in andalusia - 1 posts
Community payments - who decides how much? - 7 posts
what's it like at christmas - 6 posts
Alldays Supermarket in Algorfa - 1 posts
voting in Spain - 1 posts
Anyone found a digital camera between Cabopino and la Cala? - reward - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x