:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Feb 2008 12:15 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Pat, it says it was last updated at 17:10pm on 27th February 2008

Like 0      
28 Feb 2008 12:26 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Right  yes see it now doh?????  But if this is right why is it never followed through? I just wish it would end one way or another.   Pat

Like 0      
02 May 2008 12:13 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Tomorrow, Sat 3rd May is the anniversary of little Madeleine McCann going missing.

I'll be thinking of her & hoping one day she'll be going home.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

Like 0      
02 May 2008 10:39 AM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Hi All

Just want to say a very big thank you to this Forum there is always someone who gets back to you when ever you have a question - Thanks to a fantastic team.

Regards Christina & Robert

Chrissie   

Like 0      
02 May 2008 1:42 PM by bluefox Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

hiya everyone, alot of you proberbly won't like what i have to say, i'm sure, like mine,  all our hopes and prayer's  go out to that  little girl  that  one day she  will return  safe  and  well,  but   i  still cannot  sympothise  with her parent's,  one year on  and  they still  find time to pose for picture's and in front of tv camara's, putting an innocent faces saying "what did WE do wrong"  we all know what they did wrong,  it  just makes me  sick,  a lesser   class of  people would have  been  duely  arrested for  gross negligence,  just has they  SHOULD  have.  bluefox      

Like 0      
02 May 2008 2:03 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

They do not say "what did we do wrong" They know what they did  wrong.  ...Now! Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing. The reason they are in front of TV cameras is to keep Madeleines profile at the top of the agenda.  The media is the best and most efficient way of doing just that. How easy it is to sit comfortably at home and make judgerments. Surely you cannot think they are enjoying what they feel they must do.  I think they were very wrong to leave those children alone that night.  They will suffer for the rest of their lives, or until Madeleine is found. Not knowing where she is must be incomprehensible. I will pray for Maddy and her parents.

One good thing will come out of this tragic situation. We will all be more vigilant with our own little ones, whether they are our children or grandchildren.

Like 0      
02 May 2008 2:22 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

Bluecat

While some of what you say is true, the words are harsh. My belief in God, along with many others, tells me that he does not judge us but forgives.Maybe this is something to think about at this anniversary. Most people are deeply saddened that she has not been found but many pray that this will happen soon. We all make mistakes and wish we could turn the clock back. The reality of it touches those who have children of similar age in our care. We currently foster a  beautiful blonde 3 year old and and can only find sympathy in our hearts for the McCanns.

Daveil

Like 0      
02 May 2008 2:25 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar
Sorry I meant Bluefox not Bluecat.

Daveil

Like 0      
02 May 2008 3:21 PM by VickiT Star rating in Bournemouth. 121 posts Send private message

Tish - whilst I do appreciate what you're saying, there should not be any need for 'hindsight'.  No-one, but no-one should EVER leave little ones alone, not even for a few minutes!  This was not some single mum on a council estate rushing out to buy milk for a minute, these are professional people and, it would appear, constantly left those babes alone in the apartment whilst they went off to dinner.  Now, they are saying that the place felt safe, maybe, but any manner of harm could have come to those children - what if one had choked, would the others have known what to do?  A child could die from choking within minutes.  As it is, the very worst that could have happened has happened (well actually they could have lost all 3 kids!!) and, although like the rest of you I pray that little Maddie is one day returned safe and well, I do fear the worst after all this time....

Like 0      
02 May 2008 4:46 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Vicki,  I do agree with what you say. They should have known better. Both being doctors compounds their error.IMO. I look after my 16month old grand-daughter once a week. She took her first steps on her first birthday and now moves like grease lightening. She hates being in the pushchair and loves to run around. I have nightmares about her being taken whilst she is in my care.

Like 0      
02 May 2008 5:28 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Do you know I wondered whether to resurrect this thread as previously members had pretty much slagged off Madeleine's parents. (Please don't think I agree that they should've left her as I certainly do NOT !) I had just hoped that we could think of this little girl tomorrow without again saying what the parents should or shouldn't have done. We all know what they shouldn't have done. Is it so necessary to keep on about it ? (Don't all post at once).

Like 0      
03 May 2008 12:40 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Madeleine McCann missing for 365 days today.

Like 0      
03 May 2008 4:20 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

In my humble opinion i do hope this is resolved for the parents either way althoughh i fear that after a year this child will not be seen ever again.

Although it is easy to jump on the bandwagon i would ask whether anyone would leave their most precious possessions in an apartment whilst they ate dinner with their friends,i for one would never ever leave my children alone anywhere for a micro second,i did not need something like this to happen to remind me of the fact,if Spain has taught me anything its that your children are here to with you whether you are in a restaraunt,bar,anywhere,if you dont want to have them with you on holiday either get a babysitter you know and trust or dont take them with you!

Without being flippant,would you leave your wallet,jewellery,cash or anything of monetary value on your bed while you went out?

Most people are thinking no straight away,then why would anyone consider leaving their most precious possession in the whole world at risk?

I also don't think anyones god should be thrown into the argument as it is too bigger issue,if you beleive you are master of your own destiny then you can blame the McCanns,if you beleive there are higher powers working,then the question should be was it allowed to happen?

Whatever controversy this case has thrown up and i still beleive their are more twists to come,a little piece of all our hearts will always be with a child that should never have been left so vulnerable to the evil of this world.

This post is not meant to offend anyone and if it has i apologise,just a humble,honest opinion.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
03 May 2008 4:48 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar
The Mc Canns belief in God has been evident for all to witness. They even went to Rome to ask prayers of the Pope. As I understand, this is a forum on which we can all express our views openly. Do we or do we not have freedom of speech to mention God in the discussion?

Daveil

Like 0      
03 May 2008 5:15 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Dave, of course we can all express our views openly & of course we can mention God. Many have already, by saying Madeleine is in their prayers. But, why turn this thread, as I said, into a witch hunt, though ? That's all I said. We're all so perfect ourselves, we've never done anything wrong, have we ?  The McCanns have done the worst thing possible in all our eyes & I can put you onto a forum where I've never seen such immense anger & it comes out too in the nastiest, most unpositive way.

Georgia said it all, kids are your most cherished possessions. You protect them always. Parents are (hopefully) watching their kids more.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 5/3/2008.

Like 0      
03 May 2008 5:17 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

I wasn't trying to deny anyone freedom of speech or belief.

I aws just trying to state that whatever you beleive puts an angle on where you lay the blame.

I do beleive the McCanns wanted to see the pope again but he refused at the time when they were named as suspects by the Portugese police,seemingly wanting to distance himself from the situation.

I do hope if they ever find the monster or monsters that did this they will be judged and not forgiven.......

I am not going to get into an argument about probably the most flamable subject in the world,in my opinion just because they have been to seek solace from church leaders does not deny or exonerate anyone from negligence.

Like 0      
04 May 2008 9:36 AM by bluefox Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

georgia, my sentiment's exactly, thank's for putting into word's that i could'nt reach. bluefox.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Take advantage of my ads - 3 posts
Is it as bad as we are all lead to beleive!!? - 50 posts
Patio door security gates & window grille for sale - Costa Blanca - 9 posts
Long term rental - 5 posts
Breakdown cover AA,? Green Flag ? or a good Spainish one...... - 3 posts
Spanish Sweepstake Scam - 0 posts
Check your bills - 3 posts
Premier Marbella International - 0 posts
Villas & Views has any one used them? - 0 posts
Gillespie where are you? - 4 posts
Wanted17"or 19" Computer Monitor CRT or LCD - 2 posts
New To Dream Hills 2 Area - looking for a few tips! - 2 posts
Commuting from the UK.....anyone doing it? - 7 posts
For Emma - 2 posts
my penthouse in casares for your london flat - 0 posts
my penthouse in casares for your london flat - 4 posts
nursing in spain - 2 posts
Habitation licence - 56 posts
Wanted - New or nearly new, King Size bed/frame - 14 posts
Community Rules - 13 posts
Community Questions - 4 posts
spanish bank accounts - 38 posts
Radio Phones - 8 posts
URBANIZATION COMMITTEE - SNAGGING BEFORE HANDOVER OF ALL AREAS TO COMMUNITY COMMITTEE - 10 posts
Buyer wants your thoughts - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 137

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x