:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 May 2007 1:51 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

Briton's Villa Searched in Madeleine Case

Police have been searching the home of a British man in connection with the disappearance of four-year-old Madeleine McCann, who was abducted in Portugal on May 3.

The man, Robert Murat , was taken to a police station.

A man answering his description was later driven from the police station in a blue car but it was not immediately clear where to.

His mother has told Sky News that he has not been arrested. She said no trace of Madeleine had been found at the villa. She also insisted that her son had been with her in the house on the night that Madeleine was kidnapped.

Portuguese police said that several people were being questioned but that no one had been formally arrested.

The property is just 150 yards from the apartment where Madeleine's family were staying, in the southern Portuguese resort of Praia Da Luz.

The house, known as Casa Liliana, was sealed off with tape by police while men in white suits and masks began a search inside. They are believed to have drained the villa's swimming pool.

Police guards were on the doors outside.

Sky News Correspondent Ian Woods said the property being searched belonged to British woman Jennifer Murat and her son Robert Murat.

Mr Murat has been assisting journalists in their coverage of the disappearance of the four-year-old British girl.

He was pictured on Sky News during the search for Madeleine wearing a light-coloured shirt and dark glasses. Sunday Mirror journalist Lori Campbell alerted police over her suspicions about him.

Woods said: "Robert Murat has been very well known to the media from day one. He had been acting for three or four days as an interpreter and a go-between with the police."

Woods added that Mr Murat had joked about how he had become the prime suspect in Madeleine's disappearance.

Ms Campbell told Sky: "It was just very reminiscent of the Soham murders, that was my first thought. He was hanging around, asking us questions and maybe trying to find out what we knew."

She said that when she alerted Portuguese police that a man had raised her suspicions, they said "we know who you are talking about" before she had mentioned his name.

Mr Murat is believed to have a good relationship with local police and has been seen laughing and joking with them. He told journalists that he was interested in the case of the missing girl because he has a four-year-old daughter of his own who looks similar to Madeleine.

He is believed to be separated from his wife, who is thought to live in Norfolk with their daughter. He has just returned to Portugal after visiting them over the weekend.

Sky News Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt described how he had spoken to Mr Murat's mother about the search..

Brunt said: "She's obviously very shaken. She says her son hasn't been arrested but has been taken to the main police station."

She said that no trace of Madeleine had been found and that she expected police to make a statement confirming this.

Gaynor De Jesus, who has been working as a translator for Sky News, went to school with Mr Murat and played with him as a child, but had not seen him for years until last week.

She said: "I do know that he has been the official translator for the police. All witness accounts, everything that's been coming into them, he has had first-hand information."

Madeleine was taken from the apartment where her family had been staying while on holiday, sparking a massive police investigation and a worldwide media appeal.

http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com/

Like 0      
15 May 2007 8:49 AM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

I watched an interview yesterday on sky but only caught it half way thru but it was an interview with a man (didnt get his name but assumed he works in abduction cases here in the UK) who said the sniffer dogs took Madelines scent about 100yds down the road towards the grocery store. He said that would strongly indicate that Madeline wasnt snatched from her apartment but in fact let herself out (perhaps looking for mum and dad - I was thinking) and was picked up by an opportunist put in a car or picked up and taken near by as Madelines scent just suddenly stopped. He said he firmly believed all along Madeline was close by. He said there hadnt actually been any evidence or forensics to support Madeline had been taken from the actual apartment. Madelines mum and dad thougt the complex was safe enouh to leave the doors unlocked so its possible at the age of nearly 4yrs she could easily wander off. Did anyone see this interview?

Not starting a debate but thought that was very interesting as the emphasis is strongly on she was snatched from her bed. Theres no eveidence that this is exactly what happened.

First thing I said this morning when i opened my eyes...... Have they found her yet??

This message was last edited by tinasolera on 5/15/2007.

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
15 May 2007 11:31 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes I heard that interview on the radio, that they think she got up and wandered of.  But I thought the children had been locked in the room or have I misheard that  The thing is you hear conflicting stories.  But I thought their might have been a break through this morning. Lets hope they find her soon.  Have sent the picture of Madeleine of Janice to friends and family and a few people in Spain.  Pat  

Like 0      
15 May 2007 11:39 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Yes Tina, I did &, on 14th May 1.16am, I said we should watch the " Top Related Video " in this link http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1265416,00.html because it's on there about it.

Sky News are running a banner now..

Robert Murat is formal suspect in Madeleine enquiry.

Like 0      
15 May 2007 11:40 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Robert Murat, the English man who was taken in for questioning last night, has now been officially classed as a "suspect".

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
15 May 2007 11:42 AM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

Are you listening to talk sport Pat and Roy? Yes i just heard that inteview again.

In 'The Sunday Times' it said they left the doors unlocked all week whilst they had dinner as they felt it safe enough to do this. Did people know (I also read in the same article) that in this area there is no sex offenders register so a place for certain people to roam free.

There are alot of different stories going around.

Someone mentioned on talk sport about getting one of those crime pyschics (spelling?) in. Got to be worth a shot surely!!

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
15 May 2007 11:44 AM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

HI janice... didnt see your post, must have posted at same time.

Unfortunately i cant download or listen to anything on my computer so im not able to see what your link was about. My pc is quite old and have no speakers!!

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
15 May 2007 12:14 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

As I had posted at 11.39am..

Robert Murat is formal suspect in Madeleine enquiry.

He apparently had been under surveillance for a week after journalists mentioned to various police he seemed rather odd in his "helpfulness".

Like 0      
15 May 2007 12:55 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

JeanSis,

We must have posted that together!

Great minds think alike eh?!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
15 May 2007 1:37 PM by Juan Pánzon Star rating in Marbella. 156 posts Send private message

Juan Pánzon´s avatar

I just want to summ my best wishes for the coming back of Madeleine to her family, my prayers are with her and them...... such a a beautiful little angel...   sometimes I complain about how "dire are the straits" for me at the moment...... but then life show you that there is always something worst.... what a drama....

Please God, protect this angel.

Juan.

Like 0      
15 May 2007 3:26 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

15 May 2007 6:41 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Portugese police have given a press conference tonight & say that there is not enough evidence for them to arrest their suspect.

http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com/

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/15/2007.

Like 0      
15 May 2007 7:41 PM by Ambre Solaire Star rating. 36 posts Send private message

Don't know what to make of this really, but makes interesting reading

http://www.briansprediction.com/dd/5441.htm

Like 0      
16 May 2007 9:00 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Ambre Solaire

Fascinating website!

I do belive the UK police take physics (? spelling) seriously, let's hope his predictions/dreams are correct.

Rgds,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
16 May 2007 9:14 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Really interesting website there with the predictions.

Hopefully very soon we'll know if he was actually right...I hope so.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
16 May 2007 9:51 AM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

Ive had problems getting onto this site. Could someone shed some light on the predictions. I was able to get on the homepage but nothing else!!

Thanks!!

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
16 May 2007 9:57 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Tina if you put in the webb address then madeleine mising in Portugal, it will bring it up. Pat

Like 0      
16 May 2007 10:00 AM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar
Thank you , will try that now. Im assuming its a good prediction by the reaction. Please please!!!!!!!

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
16 May 2007 10:09 AM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar
I just cant get it up if someone would cut and paste i would appreciate it.

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
16 May 2007 10:15 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Take advantage of my ads - 3 posts
Is it as bad as we are all lead to beleive!!? - 50 posts
Patio door security gates & window grille for sale - Costa Blanca - 9 posts
Long term rental - 5 posts
Breakdown cover AA,? Green Flag ? or a good Spainish one...... - 3 posts
Spanish Sweepstake Scam - 0 posts
Check your bills - 3 posts
Premier Marbella International - 0 posts
Villas & Views has any one used them? - 0 posts
Gillespie where are you? - 4 posts
Wanted17"or 19" Computer Monitor CRT or LCD - 2 posts
New To Dream Hills 2 Area - looking for a few tips! - 2 posts
Commuting from the UK.....anyone doing it? - 7 posts
For Emma - 2 posts
my penthouse in casares for your london flat - 0 posts
my penthouse in casares for your london flat - 4 posts
nursing in spain - 2 posts
Habitation licence - 56 posts
Wanted - New or nearly new, King Size bed/frame - 14 posts
Community Rules - 13 posts
Community Questions - 4 posts
spanish bank accounts - 38 posts
Radio Phones - 8 posts
URBANIZATION COMMITTEE - SNAGGING BEFORE HANDOVER OF ALL AREAS TO COMMUNITY COMMITTEE - 10 posts
Buyer wants your thoughts - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 137

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x