health care for partners that have retired early

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Oct 2010 12:00 AM by Mike and Moyra Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

We have lived in Murcia for 4 years. I am 54 and working in the spanish system and covered by the spanish national health. My partner Mike is 57 and at present has expensive private health care. He retired early. He also receives a small  private pension from the UK. Does anyone know if he is entitled to national health in Spain and if so how do we go about it? We have been told that if you receive an income from the UK eg private pension that he cannot be a beneficiary of me.

Like 0      
31 Oct 2010 6:49 PM by juner Star rating in San Cayetano. 58 posts Send private message

juner´s avatar

Hi..Like you I also work and pay into the spanish system. My husband can get health cover as my dependant.  First we had to take our documents  to the health centre where they gave us another piece of paper that would cover us both for health care until we received our cards, but we also had to take our wedding certificate to our local immigration and works department. once their , they gave yet another piece of paper to take back to the health center..... and received our medical cards approx 3 weeks later.

My husband has been to our local doctor twice since then and has had prescriptions and all he has to do is show his card.

It's a bit long winded,,but worth it...hope this helps

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Prickly pear Cacti - 9 posts
Car in Murcia or perhaps not - 4 posts
Books exchange - 0 posts
Dickmanns rent a car - 62 posts
I thought I might reintroduce myself - since I have been pretty quite. - 1 posts
best place to advertise rental property - 2 posts
WALK UP RIO SECO AT CAMPOVERDE - 0 posts
Would like to meet new people - 1 posts
Autonomo mine field - 0 posts
Don't forget clocks go back on Sunday - 11 posts
GEOCACHING - 1 posts
UK Driving licence replacement - 6 posts
Holiday Lets versus Long Term Tenancy - 6 posts
Malaga Airport - Current Parking situation - 4 posts
Is it a good time to buy? - 29 posts
Retirement Villages - 10 posts
To dream the impossible dream.... - 9 posts
Free P&P - delivery to Spain from UK - 12 posts
Full Tank Of Petrol Con - 4 posts
Stealing Community Electricity inWinter - 6 posts
Calling all ex-pat market traders...... - 14 posts
Proffessional liabilities of conveyancers - 33 posts
Lost Luggage - 1 posts
International van insurance nightmare - 6 posts
Even more jokes - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x