Car in Murcia or perhaps not

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Oct 2010 12:00 AM by El Alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Hi All

I had a call yesterday from my insurance company over in Spain informing me that they had received a Claim from another insured that my car had been involved in an accident with them in Malaga on 20 Oct 10.

This is very strange as I parked my car with my agent at Murcia San Javia Airport on13 Oct 10 and returned to UK.

On parking the mileage is checked and recorded by my agent.

I contacted them and asked for them to check see that my car had not been stolen

Their reply was no it is still where it was parked on the 13th with the same mileage.

Am I right in thinking that all insurance claims are checked through Traffico. To check ownership.

I have now filled out a form reporting the above and that my car has not been involved in any accident either in Malaga or anywhere else in Spain.

Has this happened to anybody else? Should I be watching out for anything recorded?

JB

This message was last edited by El Alamillo on 30/10/2010.

Like 0      
31 Oct 2010 8:50 AM by tangledman Star rating in Puerto de Mazarron. 45 posts Send private message

tangledman´s avatar

It is possible that the car has been cloned.

That is to say somebody steals a car of a particular make, model, colour and year.

They then find another car (yours) with the same make, model, colour and year and forge the paperwork and make up some identical number plates.

The original car can be identified by it's chassis number. The cloned car may have had it's original chassis number filed down.

Are there any other details about the accident...

Was it with another car?

How badly damaged was the car with your number plates ?

Like 0      
01 Nov 2010 9:44 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

This sounds like a scam to me.

I bet you the "insurance company" isn't actually an insurance company and all they are doing is trying to get money out of you.

I would proceed with caution and inform the local police about this.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
01 Nov 2010 11:30 AM by dennismundy Star rating in Las Kalendas - Fortu.... 263 posts Send private message

I had a similar claim made against my car! I was in the UK with my car at the time of the 'incident' that happened in Malaga - never been there.

One alarming thing that came out of it was that my insurance company notified me that if I did not respond within 30 days they would accept liability and settle the claim!! Luckily the insurance company had my mobile number and were able to  sort it out before the deadline!

Like 0      
01 Nov 2010 2:35 PM by El Alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Hi This is a copy of my contact insurance

Signed and returned

Hereby we ask you, please, to contact us as soon as possible in order to confirm or deny your implication in a traffic accident ocurred last 20-10-2010 in the province of MALAGA. The firm C0058 MAPFRE FAMILIAR is claiming to us the damages on the vehicle of its insured. In the event of not receiving a reply from you, we will be obliged to accept liability for this accident, with the correponding consecuences for your No Claim Bonus.

ACCIDENT REJECTION STATEMENT
[LINEA][LINEA]
DATOS DEL ACCIDENTE/ DETAILS OF THE ACCIDENT

FECHA DE ACCIDENTE/DATE: 20-10-2010
PROVINCIA DE OCURRENCIA/PROVINCE: MALAGA

[LINEA]
DATOS DEL DECLARANTE-PROPIETARIO/ DETAILS OF THE OWNER - DEPONENT

MATRICULA DEL VEHICULO / REGISTRATION NUMBER:xxxxxxxxxx
MARCA: xxxxxxxxxxx
ENTIDAD ASEGURADORA / INSURANCE COMPANY: LINEA DIRECTA ASEGURADORA
POLIZA / REFERENCIA - POLICY/REFERENCE xxxxxxxxxxxx
[LINEA]
DATOS DEL PERJUDICADO / DETAILS OF THE DAMAGED VEHICLE:

MATRICULA DEL VEHICULO / REGISTRATION NUMBER: E 9809FGC
ENTIDAD ASEGURADORA / INSURANCE COMPANY: C0058 MAPFRE FAMILIAR
POLIZA / REFERENCIA-POLICY/REFERENCE:xxxxxxxxx
Mr/Mrs: xxxxxxxxxxxx , As owner / Policy holder of the aforementioned automobile, DECLARES under his/her own responsibility, that his/her vehicle has not been involved in any accident with the damaged car on the aforesaid date.
And for the record and for the pertinent effects, I hereby sign this statement.

D/Dª: xxxxxxxxxxxx, Propietario/Tomador del vehículo indicado al inicio de esta carta DECLARA, bajo su responsabilidad, que dicho vehículo no ha intervenido en la ocurrencia de un accidente con el vehículo perjudicado en la fecha que se menciona.
Y para que conste a todos los efectos oportunos, firmo la presente declaración en
En ............................ a ......... de ........................201

Firmado/SIGN:

Nombre y apellidos/First and last name:
D.N.I/Passport number:

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Books exchange - 0 posts
Dickmanns rent a car - 62 posts
I thought I might reintroduce myself - since I have been pretty quite. - 1 posts
best place to advertise rental property - 2 posts
WALK UP RIO SECO AT CAMPOVERDE - 0 posts
Would like to meet new people - 1 posts
Autonomo mine field - 0 posts
Don't forget clocks go back on Sunday - 11 posts
GEOCACHING - 1 posts
UK Driving licence replacement - 6 posts
Holiday Lets versus Long Term Tenancy - 6 posts
Malaga Airport - Current Parking situation - 4 posts
Is it a good time to buy? - 29 posts
Retirement Villages - 10 posts
To dream the impossible dream.... - 9 posts
Free P&P - delivery to Spain from UK - 12 posts
Full Tank Of Petrol Con - 4 posts
Stealing Community Electricity inWinter - 6 posts
Calling all ex-pat market traders...... - 14 posts
Proffessional liabilities of conveyancers - 33 posts
Lost Luggage - 1 posts
International van insurance nightmare - 6 posts
Even more jokes - 3 posts
Even more jokes - 2 posts
Work Carried out for the Benefit of Individual Properties - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x