Malaga Airport

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Oct 2010 12:00 AM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Guys

I am visiting the CDS again in late october i understand the new airport terminal is open now has it changed much ???

Any tips would be most appreciated for a smooth transit

ps we are picking a car up from record

Rod

www.ournextholiday.co.uk

Like 0      
06 Oct 2010 9:45 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Rod, the new terminal 3 opened up and when I first went there I was a bit confused.

Although this is the new terminal, they have essentially just extended terminal 2 and called it terminal 3, even though everyone has to go through terminal 3.  So it's more of a nice new extension than a separate terminal as such.

You will find that you exit the terminal in a different place now.  Also, the route in to the car park to leave your hire car has changed a little if you haven't been over in a while.  But it's relatively well sign-posted...ish.

Have a good trip.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
06 Oct 2010 10:26 AM by raileng Star rating. 70 posts Send private message

Rod, my wife and I have just been over for the first weekend in October and hired a car with Record through doyouspain.

I suggest you should prepare for plenty of exercise getting around the airport and then waiting at the Record desk, 1 hour in our case, before another long walk to the Record car pickup point.

Record may be one of the cheapest hire companies (cann't complain too much) so more people hire from them hence waiting time is longer so be prepared.  They need to take a tip from ryanair on 'checking in on line' for picking up the car and cutting out all the paperwork that the record desk staff need to log in before giving you the keys to the hire car. PS. they do have 3 staff to other companies 1 or 2.

I believe that work is still taking place in the airport, so present systems for people movement and airport management may change as the outstanding airport works progress? Give youself plenty of time on your return for the extra walking around the airport.

Regards, raileng

Like 0      
06 Oct 2010 11:13 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

My brother actually booked direct with Record the last time he came out and he got a priority service at the desk, so avoided the huge queue there.

May be worth considering for next time!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
06 Oct 2010 2:49 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Thanks everyone for the info eally looking forward to this break Justin you remember the weather last christmas it was awful this is the first time we have been able to get out since then

Thanks Rod

www.ournextholiday.co.uk

Like 0      
06 Oct 2010 2:56 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Yeah, it was really awful.  Fingers crossed we have a much better winter this time around.

Justin

Like 0      
06 Oct 2010 3:27 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

it definitely takes a bit longer to escape to waiting car

Like 0      
06 Oct 2010 10:54 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

All arrivals are routed via T3.

Most UK check-in desks are in Terminal 2 as before except BA which is in T3.

Security checks are carried out in T3 after check-in.

Its about a three minute walk from the UK check-in desks to the security points. There is direct covered access from T2 to T3

That dreadful coffee bar in the T2 check-in area is still there but there is a much better coffee bar restaurant in T3. (The new one also does an English breakfast.)

All the upstairs shops in T2 are closed and there is no access to that area. There are new shops in T3.

The Renfe Cercanias rail route from Malaga to Fuengirola is now accessed the new station under T3, but access is via the outside of T3 until internal access is completed.

For interest sake and the benefit of those living along the Loja-A92-Granada corridor there is now a twice a day bus service in each diection linking Granada and Malaga Airport which arrives and departs from the outside of T3

Hope this helps.

fb

This message was last edited by foxbat on 06/10/2010.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
07 Oct 2010 8:45 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

and there's a Starbucks!!!

Like 0      
07 Oct 2010 9:43 AM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Thanks for all the TIPS eally looking forward to this one we are renewing our linen and towels i weighed it last night with the cases its 35kgs our limit with monarch is 40 kgs we have to buy clothes when we are are there to last the week fortunately my wife loves shopping for clothes

Rod

www.ournextholiday.co.uk

Like 0      
07 Oct 2010 2:05 PM by semo Star rating in Ireland. 84 posts Send private message

Foxbat,

Do you know the times of the buses to Granada.

Thanks in advance

g

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

where is Norman Sands? - 31 posts
Exchange rate - 7 posts
Can I be sued? - 11 posts
Recommendation for Estate Agent in Chiclana de la Frontera? - 0 posts
surge protector - 7 posts
Mijas area water quality - 8 posts
Mijas area water quality - 0 posts
Peugeot 206 - 2 posts
Legal tip 356. Half a million of enterpreneurs - 0 posts
costa calida - 3 posts
Waiting for a sentance from the court - 31 posts
Paro help! - 3 posts
Weather Report - 2 posts
Registering your rental property in Murcia - 7 posts
hi everybody, I've lived in the valencia region for 10 years. - 5 posts
BEWARE Crown Foreign Currency - 9 posts
Majestic Village Casares - 3 posts
Where do I fit ? - 8 posts
Rubber Flooring for Children´s Play Area - 2 posts
UK Debt Collection Agencies - 5 posts
Legal tip 354. Northern europeans come to Spain to live and undertake initiatives - 0 posts
Hyundai H1 7 seater - 1 posts
Toyota RAV4 FOR SALE - Great price! - 1 posts
FREE AT LAST!! - 3 posts
ITV Homes from Hell - 18 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x