FREE AT LAST!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Oct 2010 12:00 AM by Rollo Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Following my earlier posts re Roda Golf and 'Lost the Lot', I drove down there with a dire old Transit and emptied the almost  a quarter of a million pound apartment, and drove back. Trip was fairly boring, but what a joy! Sent the keys back to the outrageous, overcharging bank with a letter to the branch and another to the head office. I did not play their imbecilic games with Dation el Pago because it would have cost many more thousands, firstly enriching the solicitors and then a Notary, (1% to start) followed by an endless court case with attendant delays and yet more sky-high charges. Two years was mentioned as normal!. In the meantime mortgage repayments would have been suspended, but not the crazy Communidad charges (£1500 pa), the new 'entity' costs (£500) plus a new 'council tax'  (?)and all the  utilities. What'll happen now I neither know nor care, but I'm not paying them another cent. So it joins the million or so other unwanted and uneconomical properties standing empty all over Spain, not to mention all the unsold second-hand  property for sale everywhere which has ALL lost about 40% apparently. If you want a holiday in Spain, and believe me there are very many better destinations, stay in a 5 star hotel,- it'll be miles cheaper than owning a fancy apartment on a usually almost empty golf course. The whole place is virtually deserted for 8-9 months a year.  I reckon I've lost about £60,000 but I've put a smile on the face of MRI and Roda's owners, and now at last I'm free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, home, close to broke but happy because the cash haemorrage has ended thank F. Rollo

Like 0      
01 Oct 2010 7:17 PM by jayne123 Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Safe to say you had a bad experience then?

Like 0      
02 Oct 2010 11:49 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Rollo, I'm actually very happy for you.  I bet you feel a huge weight has been lifted from your shoulders.  

Keep smiling.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
02 Oct 2010 11:58 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Rollo

You've done the right thing and if you have to fight them do it on your turf.

But I would offer to cooperate with bank in signing back property but they pay all costs and sign an agreement releasing you form all debt etc. It makes their life somehat easier in being able to re-sell your property.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ITV Homes from Hell - 18 posts
building work - 3 posts
How Typical is pre-Completion "Terror"? - 3 posts
Iberdola - 6 posts
For sale Peugeot 206 1. 9 diesel - 0 posts
Hoping to buy a 7 seater spanish reg. - 2 posts
Gas Bottles for Sale - 1 posts
Self Employed or Limited (SL) Company? - 3 posts
Two Men And A Rover 400 - 34 posts
brisas del mar apartments in formentera del segura - 4 posts
New house alarm for sale (Costa Blanca South) - secure your home now. - 3 posts
Retentions - 1 posts
Salou Nightlife - Mid October? - 0 posts
Calls/ texts from 1444 - 1 posts
Inheritance - 9 posts
Mortgage to release funds - 5 posts
Marbella to Tarifa - 6 posts
Lack of Bank Guarantees. Bank´s responsability. Case Law - 118 posts
Regular cheap deliveries to & from Spain - 0 posts
Friday Night With Luton Town - 6 posts
In words of one syllable please?? - 2 posts
Bank charges - 1 posts
question for Moreosdo (I think) - 17 posts
Changing internet provider - 48 posts
Iveco Daily 3500kg XLWB - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x