Registering your rental property in Murcia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Oct 2010 12:00 AM by stephenkim Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Does anyone have any experience on whether you have to register your house/flat in Murcia if you wish to provide holiday rentals ?

We are having problems on our complex from a very small number of residents who are now threatening to "report" all of those who rent out their properties to the appropriate authority in Murcia.

Many thanks

Stephen

Like 0      
04 Oct 2010 1:22 AM by BigAl Star rating. 86 posts Send private message

BigAl´s avatar

The law I believe may vary in different areas of Spain. I think in Murcia  you may need to register with the department of tourism before you can rent a private property to tourists, and can be fined for not doing so. There may also be restrictions on renting out properties on a "residential" complex. I guess its best to check with your solicitor, as they should be able to advise.

Also see link below.

Laws On Renting Out Your Holiday Home In Spain - Spain Forums http://www.thespainforum.com/f341/laws-renting-holiday-home-spain-185656/#ixzz11L8dBeFb

Like 0      
04 Oct 2010 7:23 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Stephen,

you need to register both yourself and the property if that is your proffesion and there is habituality on the rental activities.

The rentals are condidered "habitual" if:

-You market them with publicity

- The house is rented in two or more occassions yearly for a period that, as a sum of particular periods, exceeds one month.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
04 Oct 2010 7:04 PM by Joe1949 Star rating in Manchester. 61 posts Send private message

Stephen

We have "a problem" with a small number of people renting out their properties to any scrote with a few euros...

Stephen try and think what it might be like for those who bought a property to enjoy a residential lifestyle not 'Costa Butlins' full of renters trashing the place....

Like 0      
04 Oct 2010 10:11 PM by stephenkim Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Joe

A rather sad response to my email, but the sort of attitude that causes so many problems. I don't let my property out to any "scrote" as you so elegantly put it, but ensure that our guests behave themselves and cause no problems. Our development is certainly not "Costa Butlins", not that I would know what a "Butlins" looks like !

If you can't be bothered to offer a helping response, I suggest you keep your unhelpful comments to yourself.

Like 0      
06 Oct 2010 11:27 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Legal tip 358. Legal requirements if you rent your apartment in Murcia III
06 October 2010 @ 09:37

Tenants will be included in a registry with specific mention of their personal identification data and dates of arrival and departure.  Owners will provide to Tourism regional authorities information by answering a questionnaire which will be periodically sent to them... This measure is just for statistics reasons.  

Schedule for occupancy will start, unless otherwise agreed, at 17:00 of the arrival day and will finish by 1200 h of the departure day.

The units will be made available in full conditions for occupancy (maintained, operational, and clean) so that immediate use is possible.

Users are obliged to the legally required prescriptions related to the correct use of the apartment.

Fines: Infringement to what is established in this Decree (Murcia Decree 75/2005, dated the 24th of June, on regulations of touristic apartments and holiday houses) will be fined according to Murcia Tourism Act 11/1997

For previous information on this topic, please clikc here

Beach days in Campo de Gibraltar by Roberto Pecino at Flickr.com

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
06 Oct 2010 5:38 PM by Joe1949 Star rating in Manchester. 61 posts Send private message

StephenKim

Your'e initial post depicted a 'small number ' of 'problem owners' taking exception to renters not complying with tourism laws...

The point I was making (its a free country) is that Buy to rent owners where I own property form  the majority of non-payers of Community fees,and are the main source  of damage and nuisance in the Community,.

Yours must be an exceptional Community if all the owners that rent out are as responsible as you. 

If you cannot handle people expressing contrary views on a topic then I suggest you seek advice from a lawyer not post on a Forum...

This message was last edited by Joe1949 on 06/10/2010.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 11:30 AM by andyosborne Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

All properties for rent in Murcia should be registered with the tourist board, once registered they will send an inspector to view the property and take measurements. To register you need a copy of your insurance, a floor plan, a description of the property with its characteristics and the first licence of habitation.

But the tourist board will not register individual properties to individual property owners; this would need to be done by a registered property management company.

Once the inspection is down and is all ok, they will issue you a certificate but the certificate is registered to the property management company responsible for the rental on behalf of the owner. 

The process is long and it can take over a year to receive the inspection and certificate but they know this and as long as the application is in there is normally no problem.

If you need any more help on this please pm me.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

hi everybody, I've lived in the valencia region for 10 years. - 5 posts
BEWARE Crown Foreign Currency - 9 posts
Majestic Village Casares - 3 posts
Where do I fit ? - 8 posts
Rubber Flooring for Children´s Play Area - 2 posts
UK Debt Collection Agencies - 5 posts
Legal tip 354. Northern europeans come to Spain to live and undertake initiatives - 0 posts
Hyundai H1 7 seater - 1 posts
Toyota RAV4 FOR SALE - Great price! - 1 posts
FREE AT LAST!! - 3 posts
ITV Homes from Hell - 18 posts
building work - 3 posts
How Typical is pre-Completion "Terror"? - 3 posts
Iberdola - 6 posts
For sale Peugeot 206 1. 9 diesel - 0 posts
Hoping to buy a 7 seater spanish reg. - 2 posts
Gas Bottles for Sale - 1 posts
Self Employed or Limited (SL) Company? - 3 posts
Two Men And A Rover 400 - 34 posts
brisas del mar apartments in formentera del segura - 4 posts
New house alarm for sale (Costa Blanca South) - secure your home now. - 3 posts
Retentions - 1 posts
Salou Nightlife - Mid October? - 0 posts
Calls/ texts from 1444 - 1 posts
Inheritance - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x