Paro help!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Oct 2010 12:00 AM by mart101 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi, ive been working in majorca now for a few years but unfortunately this winter im struggling to find work. A friend of mine suggested that i should claim my paro as ive got more than enough work contracts to do so.. Im not really sure where to start, so any help what so ever with what i need or where i have to go would be very much appreciated...

thank you

Martin

Like 0      
04 Oct 2010 1:54 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

You need to go down to your local social security office, they will advise you of all the documents you need and how to proceed.

You can claim paro as long as you have worked on the books for over 12 months in the past 5 years.

Maximum you will receive is 24 months and normally its 3 months for every year you have worked on the books.

Amount is normally around 70% of your salary for the first 3 months and then 60% thereafter.

It takes around 6 weeks for the 1st payment to come through and then monthly after that.

Try to be there as early as you can as there are normally very long queues and people at the social security are not always very friendly.

Having experienced this process a couple of times myself i can guarantee you its not the easiest of tasks!

Good luck,

Joan

Like 0      
16 Feb 2011 11:53 PM by JayceeIsland Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Queston to Joan .. thanks

i lived/worked in spain for 16 years .. (same company - and have my work history) I was made redundant .. went to the paro office did the baja and applied for paro. ( or so i thought) .. came out with a E10

i went to the unemployment office in UK and applied from there to have the paro imported .. Aparently it was not with in the 15 days ... how important is that and any way round it ?

the unemployement office (who said i was their first spanish import) and Newcastle office  lost my paperwork, filled out wrong forms, send to the wrong place, eventualy it was recieved in the office in spain .. but have now been told i am not eligable as i only had the E10 - athough i applied in spain. - this was 6 months ago. -  have been told i have lost the last 6 months .. due to wrong advice and wrong paperwork in spain unemployment office and not applying witin 15 days.  The best i can hope for is UK backdated jobseekers allowance. Do u think this is correct or any way of getting this 6 months Spanish Paro?

I have been told if i go on a 3 month spanish contract (my old company will do this) but paid for the company and my Social payments .. i can then re-apply ... but there seems to be a doubt about how long i can apply for .. 6 months or 2 years. any idea ?

Would this work with a UK job ... if so how long? -  and then can i re-apply to Spain for import

Like 0      
17 Feb 2011 4:46 PM by Toddie Star rating in Nr Elche Alicante Hu.... 107 posts Send private message

Bit confused here, were you working for a Spanish or English company when you were made redundant ?  If you had been working for sixteen years here in Spain and paid all of your contributions you would have been intitled to two years paro, however you must be availalbe for work, if you moved back to UK you wouldnt be available for work in Spain !!   I have never heard of anyone being able to claim their Spainish paro while living in the UK.  I did know of someone who had missed claiming the Paro as he had waited to long to register, I think it has to be done within fifteen days of becoming unemployed.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Weather Report - 2 posts
Registering your rental property in Murcia - 7 posts
hi everybody, I've lived in the valencia region for 10 years. - 5 posts
BEWARE Crown Foreign Currency - 9 posts
Majestic Village Casares - 3 posts
Where do I fit ? - 8 posts
Rubber Flooring for Children´s Play Area - 2 posts
UK Debt Collection Agencies - 5 posts
Legal tip 354. Northern europeans come to Spain to live and undertake initiatives - 0 posts
Hyundai H1 7 seater - 1 posts
Toyota RAV4 FOR SALE - Great price! - 1 posts
FREE AT LAST!! - 3 posts
ITV Homes from Hell - 18 posts
building work - 3 posts
How Typical is pre-Completion "Terror"? - 3 posts
Iberdola - 6 posts
For sale Peugeot 206 1. 9 diesel - 0 posts
Hoping to buy a 7 seater spanish reg. - 2 posts
Gas Bottles for Sale - 1 posts
Self Employed or Limited (SL) Company? - 3 posts
Two Men And A Rover 400 - 34 posts
brisas del mar apartments in formentera del segura - 4 posts
New house alarm for sale (Costa Blanca South) - secure your home now. - 3 posts
Retentions - 1 posts
Salou Nightlife - Mid October? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x