forgot to put middle name on tickrts with ryan air

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by pimbo Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

help i forgot to put middle names on flight tickets with ryanair can anyone help

Like 0      
26 Sep 2010 11:46 AM by hillwood Star rating in Greasby, Wirral & Si.... 214 posts Send private message

hillwood´s avatar

Hi Pimbo,

Whats the problem? Been flying Ryanair for years - have never put middle names on booking form.!

John B.

Like 0      
26 Sep 2010 9:51 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

worry more about inflight luggage size - Ryaniar are about 5cms less than all other airlines!!!

Like 0      
27 Sep 2010 2:37 PM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Just for your info, a friend of mine recently booked 2 tickets for her son and daughter in law to come over here at Xmas with Ryanair. Later she found out her daughter in law had not changed her name on passport to married name, and she had booked it in the wrong surname. After contacting Ryanair (usual 2-day saga) they said they would charge her 100 euros EACH WAY to change one surname on booking.

Good old Ryanair - they never disappoint!

Amatista

Like 0      
27 Sep 2010 2:42 PM by 8yewtree Star rating in San Cayetano, Murcia.... 316 posts Send private message

8yewtree´s avatar

is it not cheaper to change the passport name to the married name ?

Like 0      
27 Sep 2010 2:44 PM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Yes I think that´s what they are doing now,

Thanks, Jane

Like 0      
27 Sep 2010 2:46 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

probably cheaper just to buy new tickets!

Like 0      
27 Sep 2010 3:45 PM by dominick Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

hi

been using ryanair for years and never used middle name,you wont have a problem.

regards dominick

Like 0      
27 Sep 2010 5:05 PM by kim6 Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

hi

You do not need your middle name on passports, don't worry.  And once when I did put my middle name on I Spelt it wrong (rushing it) they still said nothing.

KIM

Like 0      
27 Sep 2010 5:05 PM by kim6 Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

hi

You do not need your middle name on passports, don't worry.  And once when I did put my middle name on I Spelt it wrong (rushing it) they still said nothing.

KIM

Like 0      
27 Sep 2010 6:35 PM by patman Star rating in Chester and Los Alca.... 84 posts Send private message

patman´s avatar

If you change passports ryanair will charge you because the passport number will be different than the one you used originally. There's no escape...

This message was last edited by patman on 27/09/2010.

Like 0      
27 Sep 2010 7:09 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

With Ryaniair it all depends if they have received an order from the top to shake down passesngers for money.

Like 0      
27 Sep 2010 8:54 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Patman - you don't need to provide a passport number until checking in, which normally you can't do earlier than 15 days before departure - by which time, it's probably a bit late to be getting a new passport! 

Faro, you're such a cynic!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Sep 2010 8:56 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

By the way, Pimbo, you spelt "tickets" wrong on the thread title - that'll be 50 quid please.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Sep 2010 9:23 PM by patman Star rating in Chester and Los Alca.... 84 posts Send private message

patman´s avatar

Roberto. If you put the original passport number on the Advanced Passenger Information, which you might do at the time of booking, then they have gotcha!

Like 0      
27 Sep 2010 9:45 PM by Dublin101 Star rating in dublin /carvajal. 29 posts Send private message

no need for middle name with ryanair

Like 0      
27 Sep 2010 10:15 PM by kabri Star rating in Squatting in the Cos.... 45 posts Send private message

Flew in with Ryan Air last night and didnt have middle name on ticket, no problem what so ever.

Like 0      
27 Sep 2010 11:51 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I've just made two bookings, at no time in the process did they request advance passenger information - only passenger names.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
28 Sep 2010 8:35 AM by kabri Star rating in Squatting in the Cos.... 45 posts Send private message

You will have to add the API when you do your online check in which is up to 15 days before you fly.

Like 0      
28 Sep 2010 2:38 PM by patman Star rating in Chester and Los Alca.... 84 posts Send private message

patman´s avatar

If you fly from the UK to Spain you have to provide API

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Changes to Iberdrola Electricity Contracts - 1 posts
Hi Guys ....new here - 19 posts
abbey financial solutions and Irish Life - 3 posts
F1 - 32 posts
Notary in Aguilas, Murcia - 2 posts
Notary in Aguilas, Murcia - 0 posts
Illegal house advice urgently required - 7 posts
Sharon’s Appeal for Noah’s Arc - "Three Rainbows" - 4 posts
Newbie to the site. - 2 posts
i also got riped off by devlin brothers - 0 posts
VAN HEADING TO SPAIN JAN 2011 - 0 posts
new sky viewing card - 2 posts
Consumer Protection Agency ? - 4 posts
Topping up an English phone - 2 posts
Self appointed, Involuntary, Guardian of the Abandonados... - 7 posts
Who to trust? - 20 posts
EOS Long term rental enquiries - 3 posts
Carpenter seeks work - 1 posts
6 months rental - 3 posts
state schools - 3 posts
Maurice Boland from Talk Radio Europe kicked out - 3 posts
Washing Machine engineer - 1 posts
pool plans - 2 posts
Online recipe site - Yummy food. - 0 posts
Car Hire Recommendation Al Andalus Car Hire - 29 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 21

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x