Car Hire

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

We have organised a car hire from Malaga Airport on Friday from ' DO you Spain ' --- I think or something like that ???  My husband has been trying to contact them to find out if they will allow us to take the car tino Gibraltar but he cannot get an answer from them.

Can anyone advise or tell us where to park the car safely overnight in La Linea as we want to show my sister the celebrations on Gibraltar Day (10th Sept ) .  The car parks near the border are about as expensive as the UK.  We spent 15 Euros for 3 hours in July this year as we could not stand waiting in the queues.

Thanks.

Like 0      
01 Sep 2010 4:31 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

There is usually no border queue for Gib on National day ... it's a bank holiday so there are no/very few commuters. No locals leaving, and not many Spanish arriving!

If you decide to cross the border in your hire car (usually OK with ANY hire company), you will be able to park opposite the airport for about 50p per hour, and take the bus into town which are free of charge on National Day!

If you want to park in La Linea I would recommend either opposite the bus station (2 euros per day - closes at 8pm) or opposite the Iberostar Hotel - same price - open 24 hours.

Don't forget to wear red and white!

And - enjoy - Gibraltarians could really show the UK a thing or two about being 'proud' to be British!!  

Like 0      
02 Sep 2010 10:16 AM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

Thanks .

Yes - we have all got our red  T shirts  and white trousers ready  .  Been there before and loved it , some of the locals invited us to join them for food and drink and the atmosphere was amaziing.   

I wish the UK had such a  day but in the PC climate it just would not happen .

Like 0      
02 Sep 2010 4:42 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I might venture in on Gib day this year.  Haven't been for a while.  Might go in wearing red and yellow and see what happens

Have a great time there Tamsin.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Golden Products Nutriance Aloe Vera Gel - 0 posts
Endesa Office, San Pedro De Alcantara, Marbella, Spain - 2 posts
Iberbanda dial out problem - 0 posts
solar power?? - 2 posts
We had a fantastic time in Costa Blanca - 8 posts
El Gringo, El Grosso - 5 posts
for sale - wedding dress - 0 posts
for sale - van space - 1 posts
Incorrect property and SUMA - 2 posts
Agricultural Water for dogs to drink - 2 posts
Speeding fine - how do I pay?? - 9 posts
Just moved to Spain - 8 posts
cert of first occupation - 5 posts
To Learn A Language,Teach it! - 1 posts
CHANGE - 1 posts
Swimming Pool Maintenance - 9 posts
Problem Neighbours - 8 posts
Im looking for a villa to rent - 4 posts
Van service needed from Rojales to Reading (UK) - 10 posts
REgistering a motor boat on to spanish matriculation - 0 posts
Income Tax Rates in Spain - 2 posts
Child at Risk. Help Needed - 17 posts
BEWARE CAR JACKING AROUND BARCELONA AUGUST 2010 - 5 posts
EOS Facebook integration in progress so things may go belly up - 2 posts
euronics los alcazares - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x