Incorrect property and SUMA

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

I got a SUMA bill for "IMPUESTO BIENES INMUEBLES-URBANA" for 2009 and 2010.

Two problems:

1 We have not got any Habitation Licence. Should I have to pay this tax? It is also very odd that we are only a few of the owners in our community who got this tax and the plan councillor has told us that we should not pay this until we got Habitation

2 We have been placed on the wrong property. I have been to our Ayuntamiento and to the SUMA office in Torrevieja. The latter says it is wrong in the Catastro. I have also found that at least my two nearest neighbours are placed on wrong property. The fault is that we are all moved one step.

I have checked as far as I can on the web and it looks that the property map is correct.

What should I do? This is a catastrophe

Better listen to a breaking string than newer draw a bow.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2010 7:54 PM by Tumbit Star rating in Costa Blanca. 71 posts Send private message

Tumbit´s avatar

I have had this very same problem myself, and have written a detailed Blog about it on here  (   http://www.tumbit.com/blogs/643-suma-property-taxes-bring-a-nasty-surprise.html ) 

Rightly or wrongly, my Asesor advised me that it was better to pay the IBI as this would 'Go in my favour' as and when our local Mayor was inclined to start looking at issuing Cedula's once again ( My Finca is over 200 years old and 'legal', just without a Cedula).

HOWEVER, both the SUMA taxes and IBI are detailed to an incorrect property when I check the Catastral number and as such, I have been advised not to pay anything at all unil the details are correct.

I would advise that you firstly read this Guide  ( http://www.tumbit.com/how-to-guides/articles/26-local-municipal-taxes.html )  and then dig out your recent bill and look it up on this link here  - https://www1.sedecatastro.gob.es/OVCFrames.aspx?TIPO=CONSULTA   -  as it will help you to understand what your correct ref should be, and where any error is likely to have occurred.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2010 10:37 AM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

Thanks Thumbit for the detailed information.

However, now I know there is very little chance to get things corrected.

I am also very dissapointed that the SUMA office dont take any action but giving me a telephone number.

I will try to call today and see if I can get anywere.

I have paid the SUMA so they cant get me on that.

Better listen to a breaking string than newer draw a bow.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Agricultural Water for dogs to drink - 2 posts
Speeding fine - how do I pay?? - 9 posts
Just moved to Spain - 8 posts
cert of first occupation - 5 posts
To Learn A Language,Teach it! - 1 posts
CHANGE - 1 posts
Swimming Pool Maintenance - 9 posts
Problem Neighbours - 8 posts
Im looking for a villa to rent - 4 posts
Van service needed from Rojales to Reading (UK) - 10 posts
REgistering a motor boat on to spanish matriculation - 0 posts
Income Tax Rates in Spain - 2 posts
Child at Risk. Help Needed - 17 posts
BEWARE CAR JACKING AROUND BARCELONA AUGUST 2010 - 5 posts
EOS Facebook integration in progress so things may go belly up - 2 posts
euronics los alcazares - 4 posts
Stay 'chilled out'. - 3 posts
Safety deposit box - 2 posts
Trying to avoid excess baggage - 10 posts
Long term renting - questions from a prospective tenant - 3 posts
Does anyone know any good, not too pricey, restaurants in Seville or Cordoba? - 0 posts
Buying and selling properties made EASY - 6 posts
Puente 11 Calahonda - 2 posts
polarisworld/la terrazas.legal action. - 12 posts
carrfours mobile/internet - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x