spanish property reposessions helppppppppp

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by diamond123 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi there

really need some advice. I am a partner on a morgage in spain, unfortunately the person i was with became violent and i had to leave i returned to uk and did not hear or spk to the person for 3 years. I have now been contacted by the person saying they have moved out of the property and are living abroad and the house is now going through reposession with the bank. I have no details or paperwork. This person has no property or assets in UK but i do (though i dont have a morgage) They are now threating to give the bank my home address and are saying the bank can and will take any negative equity owed from the my home in uk...ie sell my house even though i own it outright.

I understand alot of the spanish law as i lived there for many years before returning and im aware that whilst once up o a time you could hand your keys in and walk this is no longer the case. I also imagine for the spanish bank it would be costly to start proceedings with my property in uk ? It seems unfair that i was banished from property for yrs yet now there is a problem i suddenly part own a spanish property....sods law!!

I will need to seek some legal advice here in the uK but i wondered if anyone has any information that may help me, my biggest worry is obviously having my house in the uk taken off me if the bank in spain fail to retrieve the amount they require aend i hav children to think about,  is it possible even though i have no morgage on it? and how soon would that happen? Is there anything i can do to avoid that ??

I havnt been bk to spain in the last few yrs so i have no idea whether the property has been rented out in the past and left in a state or whether it has been standing empty for a long time. I have no contact with the bank either and im not sure i should i start making myself known right now??

I really appreciate any advice .......

thank you

diamond x

Like 0      
19 Aug 2010 1:03 PM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

Not sure if it the same or not but a couple of years ago i had someone owe me alot of money, i went through the courts to get it back but as they couldn,t afford to pay it back the court put an order on his house so when it was sold i got my money back. If he hadn't moved i would be still waiting for my money.The spainish bank may do this to you in which case you wouldn't have to worry about it unless you intend to move.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

La Caixa: Payments of cheques - 10 posts
Flight delay compensation cases put on hold - 0 posts
Kindergarten / School in Fuengirola - 6 posts
Form S1 (E106) registering for Healthcare - Estepona Area - 2 posts
Backing the nature through green buildings - 2 posts
IBI Tax bill for a property I don't own! - 2 posts
I couldn't believe it - 7 posts
renting in medina elvira 23 - 0 posts
Iberdrola - 7 posts
torrestat tv interference - 3 posts
Barcelona in 2011 - 2 posts
Importing a UK registered car that was previously Spanish registered ... - 3 posts
Apparently high catastral value - 2 posts
Open Countryside - 0 posts
BEWARE OF BMIBABY AT MALAGA - 4 posts
Various Taxes and charges at Roda Golf for a Town House - 1 posts
Where can I buy this Spanish product? - 5 posts
Mosquitoes in Iznajar - 8 posts
Bath Repairs – Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Spanish Car for Sale - Valencia area - 0 posts
EMAUS CHILDREN´S HOME, ELCHE - 6 posts
Hi - 2 posts
full size snooker table - 0 posts
The Dead Building Trade in Spain - 7 posts
Instant Access Savings Account - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x