Can you recommend Vincent Real Estate, Benijofar?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by elena.vaz Star rating in In Loughton, but Id .... 28 posts Send private message

elena.vaz´s avatar

I would like to know of your experiences with this agent. 

So far I have heard good things.  I am just about to buy an apartment through them and need to part with a deposit......need I say more.

Thanks

Elena

Like 0      
12 Jul 2010 10:55 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

best to pay your deposit to your lawyer.

Like 0      
12 Jul 2010 11:39 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes have to agree with Faro on that.  Have heard good and bad there is a thread on the forum somewhere about them Perhaps someone might be able to help you try doing a forum search.  But good luck with your purchase.

Pat

Like 0      
13 Jul 2010 12:31 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

In the current market there is every reason not to pay over a reservation deposit or enter into a private contract - you don't have to!

You can simply go to completion once your lawyer has undertaken all searches and hand over all monies there and then.

Make sure you find a good local lawyer that is not in any way associated or recommended by the agent and make sure you can communicate freely with this lawyer with direct phone and email access.

Also remember in Spain there are no laws and you can lay down the law on this deal to provide yourself with maximum protection right up to completion.

I would rather run the risk of losing the property than losing my deposit or ending up in litigation.

Like 0      
13 Jul 2010 1:51 PM by robandbev Star rating in South Africa. 42 posts Send private message

Hi, in general there is NO need to involve a lawyer in Spain, as long as you buy from a trustworthy source it's just money spent for nothing. We bought our property through the agent, they organized the notary, translation, checked the deeds and even contracted electric and water supply. 

Like 0      
13 Jul 2010 1:52 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 182 posts Send private message

Hi Faro,

I can understand anybody's hesitation to hand over a deposit re. the purchase of a property, but how do you expect to secure it. I think it works both ways and I also think it depends where you are and how well you know the estate agents and lawyers and this takes time and knowledge, which if you don't live within the area or country of your prospective purchase can be very difficult. I am selling my apartment and have been doing so since April, and believe me there are as many sharks amongst the buyers never mind estate agents and lawyers. However because we live here and know the area and the local estate agents we are very much clued up on what goes on in and around the area. We have had so called prospective  buyers who want our property taken off the market  because they want it but don't even have the money to buy it.  Then you have the time wasters who have nothing better to do so they will have an evening out being ferried around by car looking into other people's property. Then there are the clients who come back to your home when the estate agents are not around and make a ridiculous offer for your property. One of the questions we get asked regularly is if we are going back to the UK because they think they can get a really knock down price for it. However we are not, and are not desperate so we can wait it out. There are people now who live here who are not estate agents but are looking for properties to sell on to people who are living in countries where there are problems (I am not going to mention any nationalities because I don't want to cause offence) and they buy and then sell on at an over inflated  price to the person who is desperate to leave his/her country. I do agree however that lawyer is the one to pay deposit to, providing you know your lawyer well enough to do so.

Kathy

Like 0      
13 Jul 2010 2:07 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Agents - definitely best not to trust them!

Lawyers - if you don't speak the lingo and know the law then find a local lawyer and negotiate on the fee if need be. If selling then I would go along with no lawyer but to buy I think for most that's a risky strategy.

Deposit - if vendor or vendor lawyer has paperwork in order and buyer has cash then you can be before notary in no time at all. A big problem these days is availability of mortgage and that's another reason not to pay deposit becuase you might not get a mortgage!

Alternatively ignore my advice and join the litigation queue!

Like 0      
13 Jul 2010 3:13 PM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

My Agent spent the 10% deposit I gave him .... nightmare .... luckily, for me,  the vendor agreed to complete with the Agent owing him the balance.  Don't know if they ever got it back?

Thus, i would never trust an agent with the deposit again.

Oh and my Spanish lawyer was invaluable in sorting this mess out.

This message was last edited by TP1 on 13/07/2010.

Like 0      
13 Jul 2010 3:46 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

the problem is agents are totally unregulated and many spend deposits or take their commission upfront and then if for some reason deposit needs to be returned it's gone or at best we have what you would call teeming and lading.

I merely tell it as it is and I know there are one or two good agents out there but why run the risk?

Like 0      
13 Jul 2010 4:09 PM by Hammer100 Star rating in Camposol, Mazarron. 94 posts Send private message

Hammer100´s avatar

Can you not pay into Escrow in Spain?

Dedicated Property Management - Mazarron http://www.mspvillaservices.com

Like 0      
13 Jul 2010 4:20 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Escrow does not really exist. I have tried using on one or two occassions but Spanish lawyers would appear to have difficulty understanding the concept.

Another problem in Spain is no use is made of undertakings between solicitors as you do in the UK.

Spain is a frontier country and there are no laws and legal solutions of other countries do not work.

This message was last edited by Faro on 13/07/2010.

Like 0      
15 Jul 2010 11:01 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

I know we are a bit off thread here, but I am concerned that there is repeated advice on the forum not to pay a deposit to secure a property.

I don't know of any agent who will take a property off the market without having a deposit.  If you were the seller would you want your property off the market for months and then the buyer just disappears?  Faro talks about going quickly to the Notary but this is not always possible - we managed to complete for a client last week after the bank messed about and took 9 weeks to do a valuation for their mortgage.  Even then the seller's lawyer tried to cancel the Notary the day before completion because they hadn't done all the checks on the property they were supposed to do.  It only went through because we had done all the checks and could prove that to everyone's satisfaction.

We ask for 3,000€ deposit and it protects both sides.

Like 0      
15 Jul 2010 11:09 AM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

claire T,

Yes, i am hearing what you are saying.  But, unfortunately, as i said earlier, my Estate Agent managed to spend the 10% deposit i left, as advised, by my lawyer,  before completion.  So, it would make me very wary to leave a substantial deposit again.

Like 0      
15 Jul 2010 11:21 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi TP1 - I do understand, the bad practice (ie criminal practice) of some agents means no-one will trust any of us now. 

Large deposits are usually only asked for on off-plan properties and 3,000€ is usually what is required to reserve a resale.  You should not part with any money without a reservation contract, which proves that you have handed the money over.

And I do agree that a good lawyer is essential. 

Like 0      
15 Jul 2010 8:49 PM by elena.vaz Star rating in In Loughton, but Id .... 28 posts Send private message

elena.vaz´s avatar

Thanks everyone for your messages. 

I think the best thing to do is research, research research and trust your instincts!!!!

The agent I am buying through has received nothing but good comments on forums like this and I have spoken to two solicitors who have used them and found them to be professional.

If I dont pay a deposit I will loose the apartment for sure.  (As Im not a cash buyer). Sometimes you have to have a little trust and just cross your fingers that all will be ok.  It is a risk, but I dont want to loose my apartment.  Ive been searching for a bargain since the new year and have missed out on 2 other properties due to my cautiousness.

The cheap ones are going fast and I cant wait to be back on the spanish property ladder! 

The government should change the law and regulate better, then only the serious agents will remain!

I was gazumped years ago here when after two months of going through a sale the seller put the price up £10,000!  Why cant we or Spain get it right.  Surely its not that difficult!

Hasta pronto espana, te hechas de menos!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What's your one best thing and one worst thing about Spain - 20 posts
looking for holiday apartment,, calahonda - 0 posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EYE ON SPAIN - 2 posts
Motorcycle Insurance - 3 posts
I am that Dumb!! - 0 posts
what happens if you ignore dacion en pago and just chuck the keys in? - 0 posts
CAM mortgage rates - 0 posts
Van space from UK to Spain - 0 posts
Repossession Negotiation - 2 posts
returning to the uk - possibly for good - 0 posts
Where are you all - 0 posts
Personal Trainer - 3 posts
Landlord Wants Us Out 6 Weeks Into 6 month Contract - 4 posts
Growing Oranges and Lemons - 0 posts
Happy birthday to Susan and EOS - 7 posts
Repossession - 8 posts
THE FAITH - 1 posts
want to trade down and release some cash ? - 0 posts
A song for Spanish victory today! - 2 posts
The Faith - 0 posts
Help for best places to live on Costa Del Sol and finding work as British Nurse - 7 posts
Please tell my why - 4 posts
Useless Gadgets - 2 posts
Positive Breath Test - 5 posts
European Advisory Service - 32 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x