Personal Trainer

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by Baggies10 Star rating in Oxford then Castil D.... 7 posts Send private message

Hi Everyone,

Was just wondering about the lack of work in Spain at the moment.

The thing is i am a qualified Personal trainer as i was in the armed forces as a Physical Training Instructor, Does anyone know if there is a call for Personal Trainers in Spain if so i would start my own business and possibly employ a few people.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Simon

Like 0      
12 Jul 2010 3:03 PM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

i remember watching something on tv awhile back and some young girl had gone out to the cds as a personal trainer with her boyfriend and ended up opening a gym within a couple of years,so their was/is a call for it just in this economic climate you might not  find starting up as easy,after all most of it is through recommendations and without a reputation already it is something you will have to earn

Like 0      
13 Jul 2010 3:59 PM by summer70 Star rating in Granada. 92 posts Send private message

summer70´s avatar

Hi Simon,

I'm a qualified personal trainer/keep fit instructor too and thought this could help me when we moved to Spain 4 years ago. But I never took the idea any further.

The reason why is that we live in a fairly remote village and most of our neighbours are not rich enough to consider paying for keep fit advice (plus teaching aerobics in the searing heat here is not something I would enjoy ).

From  what I have seen in our area (rural Granada), there are two ways to do this. Either advertising on flyers, stickers, in bars, hotels, local mags, etc, and hope.

Or set up a gym.  But of course that takes a fair bit of investment and could be a big risk (the gym in the town near us is under its second or third ownership in a year....).

However, if you are living in a more urban area you may well find more opportunities, especially if your Spanish is good.

Best of luck

Like 0      
13 Jul 2010 4:05 PM by Hammer100 Star rating in Camposol, Mazarron. 94 posts Send private message

Hammer100´s avatar

Guess it depends on what area you go to. We had a gym open up locally but didnt even last a year but that is probably because the majority of people in this area are retired. There are a couple of ex-forces that do private training but dont really know how well they do, see their adverts every now and then.

Dont know if anyone of here would have seen it but maybe a year or two ago there was a family in Spain that opened a gym, it was on one of those moving to Spain type shows. If anyone knows it they may know the name so you can see if they are still trading as they opened a full gym offering all sorts and I think the guy was a Karate Instructor so that helped.

Whatever you try mate good luck.

Dedicated Property Management - Mazarron http://www.mspvillaservices.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Landlord Wants Us Out 6 Weeks Into 6 month Contract - 4 posts
Growing Oranges and Lemons - 0 posts
Happy birthday to Susan and EOS - 7 posts
Repossession - 8 posts
THE FAITH - 1 posts
want to trade down and release some cash ? - 0 posts
A song for Spanish victory today! - 2 posts
The Faith - 0 posts
Help for best places to live on Costa Del Sol and finding work as British Nurse - 7 posts
Please tell my why - 4 posts
Useless Gadgets - 2 posts
Positive Breath Test - 5 posts
European Advisory Service - 32 posts
Alternatives to using 901 and 902 telephone numbers? - 2 posts
Help needed - hearing aid - 3 posts
Need Some honest advice - 3 posts
HPA Loop hole? - 0 posts
Christmas Lunch in Playa Flamenca - Cabo Roig - La Zenia - 0 posts
ENDESA - How do I change to a lower potencia? - 20 posts
Car park attendants - 15 posts
Estate agent in rellue - 0 posts
Looking to rent in the village of Sucina - 0 posts
What is happening to thread titles?? - 6 posts
Reliable Administrators in Duquesa/Sotogrande Area - 1 posts
Christmas in Playa Flamenca - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x