Schools in Marbella

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by Mercedes Sosa Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Two weeks ago we went to visit and check out several schools in Marbella and to ask for info re. summer school for our 2 little children. Since there are so many schools to choose from we firstly visited a new one, the British School of Marbella. Upon arrival there was no one there and after waiting for 10 minutes a bald man in a suit showed up. To make a long story short, he barely answered our questions and came across as having a very boring job and a big ego. Not the best first impression.....

Luckily my husband and I found another school where we felt very welcome and all our questions were properly answered. Good luck to you all finding the best school for your kids, we know it is difficult but they do exist!

Mercedes & Carlos

Like 0      
07 Jun 2010 9:25 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Unfortunately this sort of attitude is quite common.  We came across this recently when looking at adult courses.  There was little information available and we just felt we were bothering them asking so many questions.

You end up just walking away and never go back.  It amazes me that places like these survive at all.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
15 Apr 2011 9:56 AM by jsmarbella Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I am shocked by this forum post as I recently viewed several schools in Marbella (I have a 3 year old daughter) and for me the British School of Marbella was my preferred choice over the others.  I was warmly greeted and all my questions were answered honestly.  

In the end my family and I felt this school would provide us with exactly what we were looking for; a British curriculum school that has all the latest technologies and is well resourced and most importantly affordable.  We have now been attending the school since January and my daughter is very happy there, she just seems to be going from strength to strength and thriving in the environment they provide.

We recently took part in red nose day at the school and had so much fun, i honestly cannot fault the school we are extremely happy.

JS

Like 0      
15 Apr 2011 12:35 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi Mercedes

I'm glad you got the right school in the end but please don't  label all bald men in suits

s

Like 0      
26 Jan 2016 3:21 PM by jasperg Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

For peace of mind,if you want a British School make sure they are a member of NABSS. See below.

What is NABSS?

The National Association of British Schools in Spain (NABSS) exists to defend members' interests, to help maintain the quality of British education in Spain, and to support school development. All member schools are fully authorised- at least for a large section of the school-and are subject to inspection.

NABSS has an annual conference which all members are invited and this is normally opened by a high ranking official such as The British Ambassador

NABSS offers regular training to schools. The Association has its own inspection system, which is recognised by the British Council, and which also forms part of the British Schools Overseas inspections within Spain.

In order for a school to be a member of NABSS, they must fulfil the criteria of `Britishness´ published on the NABSS website and achieve full authorisation, via British inspection, from the appropriate Spanish authorities.

The rigour of the NABSS inspection system, and of the authorisation process itself, provides a yardstick for parents and teachers, who are choosing schools in Spain.

The National Association of British Schools in Spain insists on regular inspection of member schools and provides continuous professional training for Heads and teachers throughout Spain.

NABSS  is held in high regard by both the Spanish and British educational authorities and is consulted on new developments. The Association enjoys a very strong relationship with the British Council in Spain, and Council members sit on the Inspection Monitoring Committee.

NABSS is the only association of British Schools recognised by The Spanish Government.

Choosing a NABSS school for your child ensures that he will be able to move seamlessly between British Schools  whether in The UK or Spain.

To find out more detail of NABSS and a list of its members please visit The NABSS website

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Good News In Southern Spain - 0 posts
Trustworthy Property Management in Elviria (Marbella) - 0 posts
bringing a car to spain - 3 posts
Bad news in Spain! - 107 posts
Stinginess is Killing the Costas - 0 posts
Coefficients in Sub-communities - 1 posts
AMEX ADMINISTRATORS IN SABINILLAS - 2 posts
Cover for gazebo - 0 posts
San Javier's 25th anniversary air show is today & tomorrow. - 2 posts
Need help - 3 posts
Help and Advice Needed - 5 posts
Lawyers lost their appeal against us. - 20 posts
Warning - Bad Tenants, Almoradi/Catral/Dolores area - 14 posts
Serious buyer looking to buy a bargain - 16 posts
launderettes - 0 posts
Mortgage Direct S.L - 2 posts
Interest only mortgage. - 1 posts
How do I stop wasps making nests in my sofa? - 1 posts
Legal advise needed - 3 posts
Help required - Malaga Airport to Sebanillas by coach - 3 posts
DIY Finca/cortijo - 2 posts
Good news in Spain! - 426 posts
JUSTIN--HELP NEEDED WITH MY PMs - 5 posts
Telefonica Sim - i phone - 7 posts
day trip to tangiers - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x